Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After I ordered a PST Gen 2 in late January they told me the PST Gen 2's weren't expected until at least April... My 1-6 showed up last week.

Bottom line is OP doesn't really know when they will show up.
View Quote

Great info. I agree.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Same exact thing happened to me two weeks ago. So odd, I really think they just want to sell current inventory instead of a preorder. Tried to sell me on the Eotech, kindly declined.  
View Quote

The guy didn't come off to me as trying to sell me on it but rather offering a product if I needed it now. I politely declined and told him I was very aware that it could be several months before shipping. He then talked for a few seconds about how cool the Vortex product looked at SHOT. He also made sure to mention he didn't actually get to use one but look at the SHOT footage. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Does any one know if this sight is US made?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does any one know if this sight is US made?
View Quote

Yes, with US parts, except one part that involves the reticle (UK made).
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm. Now I'm interested, thought I'd never find a US made eotech alternative  
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol now that I've preordered it I can't wait for it to release. Only problem with preordering 
This is the first optic I've ever preordered too. I probably only pulled the trigger because I have faith in Vortex and the Razor products. Also in theory you should be able to do this with it right? ETA : VortexSam that question was meant for you just to be clear. 
Brownells - EoTech - Reticle Range Estimation
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I pre-ordered mine over a month ago and keep going back to OP just about daily to check if there is any updates on expected release. Hopefully VortexSam will let us know once they begin shipping to vendors. It's like waiting for Santa
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
What are the overall dimensions of this bad boy compared to an XPS3 (3.8” x 2.1” x 2.5” (97 x 54 x 64 mm)?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I pre-ordered mine over a month ago and keep going back to OP just about daily to check if there is any updates on expected release. Hopefully VortexSam will let us know once they begin shipping to vendors. It's like waiting for Santa
View Quote
It's nice to live right down the road from Sammie's workshop though...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing new?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nothing new?
View Quote
Last from VortexSam was on 2017-02-23: "We try to under promise and over deliver, so please be patient. I think we will be able to get these out in good numbers soon."

With only five days remaining it looks like they're going to miss the initial "near the end of 1Q2017" estimate, though.

It looked like they really put this new product through the mill during development.  I imagine they're disinclined to throw all that good work away by rushing production.  My guess is they won't ship a single "Huey" until their defect rate is as close to zero as humanly possible.  My guess is testing for defect rate will include some early adopters, on some s00p3r s3kr3t list they have, that will wring the first production units out pretty darn thoroughly.

Just guesses, mind you.  I'm just another guy patiently waiting :)
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Last from VortexSam was on 2017-02-23: "We try to under promise and over deliver, so please be patient. I think we will be able to get these out in good numbers soon."

With only five days remaining it looks like they're going to miss the initial "near the end of 1Q2017" estimate, though.

It looked like they really put this new product through the mill during development.  I imagine they're disinclined to throw all that good work away by rushing production.  My guess is they won't ship a single "Huey" until their defect rate is as close to zero as humanly possible.  My guess is testing for defect rate will include some early adopters, on some s00p3r s3kr3t list they have, that will wring the first production units out pretty darn thoroughly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing new?

I will say that on OpticsPlanet the estimated shipping time frame went down from 1-3 months to 7-9 weeks. That is progress I guess! lol
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Seen someone post one in retail packaging on Instagram the other day, dont remember who but it was definitely a "personality" that gets shit sooner then us normal guys.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seen someone post one in retail packaging on Instagram the other day, dont remember who but it was definitely a "personality" that gets shit sooner then us normal guys.
View Quote
I'd had a line in my previous post that went something like "I'd also guess reviewers will see production units before the rest of us," but figured I'd prognosticated, enough, already , so I deleted it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone from Vortex have an updated ETA for those of us who preordered a while ago?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#16]
At this point I'm going to cancel my OP order and just wait to see the reviews.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm guessing, given the EOjunk fiasco, they want to get this right because Vortex could really clean house if there are no major drawbacks to this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm guessing, given the EOjunk fiasco, they want to get this right because Vortex could really clean house if there are no major drawbacks to this.
View Quote
Conversely: If they screw the pooch, they'll have a hard row to hoe in the HWS market going forward.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully we will hear some more news about this optic soon. I dont mind Vortex taking their time getting this optic right. I preordered one today and it will go on an 5.45 trashcan gun with rs regulate mount. It will probably result in chin weld but whatever...
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll probably give one of these try on my next build.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry if I missed it, but do we have a weight on these?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry if I missed it, but do we have a weight on these?
View Quote
11.8 oz according to their website.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hopefully we will hear some more news about this optic soon. I dont mind Vortex taking their time getting this optic right. I preordered one today and it will go on an 5.45 trashcan gun with rs regulate mount. It will probably result in chin weld but whatever...
View Quote
Someone from Vortex posted in the Vortex forum Tuesday that they would be out in 3-5 weeks.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_277/282762_Questions-about-the-Razor-UH-1.html

VortexOptics
IP
Joined Feb 2012
Posts 1775
EE 0% (0)
USA USA
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:12:13 AM EDT
Quoted:
I am building out another AR and was going with an Eotech EXPS3-4 co\mbo with a G33 magnifier. Given all the negative news about Eotech I am not comfortable with them now and am looking for other holographic options. I love Vortex and have two PSTs and a Sparc already, so this Razor UH-1 interests me. My questions are:

1. When can I actually physically handle one of these? These should be hitting dealers in the next 3-5 weeks. If you are at the NRA Convention in Atlanta, we'll have a bunch there on display!

2. Are there any pics that can be posted of one of these with a magnifier? Shoot me an email, and I'll respond back with a photo. [email protected]

3. One of the features of the Eotech is that controls are on the side not on the rear, so using a magnifier doesn't block access. Any plans for changes? One of the reasons I would like to see a pic with a magnifier to see how it all lines up. We've found that this doesn't hinder using the controls. I'll show in the photo, but you can still use the buttons fairly well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
is the vmx-3 a decent magnifier?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
is the vmx-3 a decent magnifier?
View Quote
It's solid for the money. Have you used a magnifier before? If not, you should try it out if you can before buying one. Not everybody likes using them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Its' been about two weeks since the 3-5 week shipping date answer from the Vortex rep. Any updates? Midwayusa is now showing 7/7/2017 expected ship date and is not allowing anymore backorders(don't know what that means),opticsplanet says 27-34 days. Anyone hear anything else?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No further updates yet. 

We are still doing testing. I could give out a date, but if something in testing requires that we make any modifications that pushes the time limit back and then people get upset. For now, I can't really give out anything firm, just know we are working as hard as we can to get them ready to ship ASAP.
View Quote
Thanks! I ask because I am anxious to receive the one I pre ordered. It really looks like a great optic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Its' been about two weeks since the 3-5 week shipping date answer from the Vortex rep. Any updates? Midwayusa is now showing 7/7/2017 expected ship date and is not allowing anymore backorders(don't know what that means),opticsplanet says 27-34 days. Anyone hear anything else?
View Quote
Hmmm...

This is becoming just a bit >< concerning.  Back when this thread was started, at the end of November, this product appeared nearly ready to go.  VortexSam suggested a target for product shipment of "near the end of 1Q 2017."  Now it's well past that, the product is still "in testing," and the resellers have pushed expected availability out an additional month to two months?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hmmm...

This is becoming just a bit >< concerning.  Back when this thread was started, at the end of November, this product appeared nearly ready to go.  VortexSam suggested a target for product shipment of "near the end of 1Q 2017."  Now it's well past that, the product is still "in testing," and the resellers have pushed expected availability out an additional month to two months?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm...

It sucks, but I'm glad they chose to wait until it's perfect rather than ship prematurely to meet a deadline.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It sucks, but I'm glad they chose to wait until it's perfect rather than ship prematurely to meet a deadline.
View Quote
Makes me more confident in the product since Vortex isn't making us beta testers for their new optic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Makes me more confident in the product since Vortex isn't making us beta testers for their new optic.
View Quote
Vortex ever becomes publicly traded I'm in at the IPO
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Personally I wouldn't take too much stock in opticplanet's projected availability.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#35]
I can understand them not wanting to give the public a date, I just hope they have one internally they are trying to stick to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not the date that concerns me.  It's the fact that something that appeared to be essentially a done deal, other than some firmware tweaks, keeps getting its production run pushed back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Apologies if this was asked earlier but is there an option to switch the reticles between single dot and ring + dot, for those of us who like options?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Apologies if this was asked earlier but is there an option to switch the reticles between single dot and ring + dot, for those of us who like options?
View Quote
AFAIK no, but it was hinted at a possible option in the future for next gen maybe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
No someone said it in one of the SHOT show videos but he confused it with a different product. I'm pretty sure that was the Hartman MH1 but I may be mistaken.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Personally I feel that the delayed release is due to Vortex NOT wanting to use us as beta testers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I was going to wait to order one until all of you guys discovered the bugs and then Vortex had the chance to update the product with fixes.  However, their delay looks like a committment to getting it right, from the start.  That is greatly tempting me to go ahead and place the pre-order with Optics Planet.  

I've got the build on which this thing will go, but I'm fine shooting it with the BUIS until the Huey is ready.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Happy to not be a paying beta tester. While I'm excited for it, I'd rather wait until it's ready.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Translation: Eotech f'd up majorly with all their issues and bad press and we want to make sure this thing is bulletproof before it is released. Ya'll know the first person that gets one is going to stick it in the freezer then the oven to see if it drifts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Translation: Eotech f'd up majorly with all their issues and bad press and we want to make sure this thing is bulletproof before it is released. Ya'll know the first person that gets one is going to stick it in the freezer then the oven to see if it drifts.
View Quote
It's like you read my mind.

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Spoke to numerous Vortex reps at the NRA convention in ATL this weekend and none would put a firm date on shipping, however most of their replies were along the lines of "soon" and "by the summer."  One very knowledgeable rep did say that testing is complete.

I played with the optic for about 10-15 min and I can say that I was very impressed.  Seems very well made, reticle is very clear, and even with a magnifier (they had one with a magnifier displayed) the weight was very comfortable.  I won't be the guinea pig to buy one first, but I will say that I am watching this optic very closely.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Spoke to numerous Vortex reps at the NRA convention in ATL this weekend and none would put a firm date on shipping, however most of their replies were along the lines of "soon" and "by the summer."  One very knowledgeable rep did say that testing is complete.

I played with the optic for about 10-15 min and I can say that I was very impressed.  Seems very well made, reticle is very clear, and even with a magnifier (they had one with a magnifier displayed) the weight was very comfortable.  I won't be the guinea pig to buy one first, but I will say that I am watching this optic very closely.
View Quote
Anybody got an Optics Planet coupon for 10% off? I'm going to pre-order mine as soon as I see a coupon code.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes, use coupon code MAYDAY for 10% off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes, use coupon code MAYDAY for 10% off.
View Quote
Saw that first thing this morning and ordered it.  OP is saying 14 to 21 days.  Hopefully that turns out to be the case and we see these soon!
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top