Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 11:05:33 AM EDT
I'm trying to sell an Aimpoint T2 (model 200180) with no base that is in great condition. They seem to go for $700+ elsewhere, but no one seems to be interested at $650 on the EE. Am I asking too much or do people just not like the T2 that much?

I'm taking a pretty good hit at $100 less than I paid, which I thought would be considered a pretty good deal, and a reasonable discount since it's technically used (although gently).

ETA: I lowered the price to $600. Maybe that's optimistic. Stupid MRO

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm trying to sell an Aimpoint T2 (model 200180) with no base that is in great condition. They seem to go for $700+ elsewhere, but no one seems to be interested at $650 on the EE. Am I asking too much or do people just not like the T2 that much?

I'm taking a pretty good hit at $100 less than I paid, which I thought would be considered a pretty good deal, and a reasonable discount since it's technically used (although gently).
View Quote

I looked for your listing and couldn't find it.

Some considerations:

- Larue sells these for $751 brand new on their site, with mount and extras
- EE loves pictures...post them and be very specific with how many rounds or type of use
- Lower 1/3 mounts sell better than absolute - Bobro 1/3 and LT660 mounts are generally considered the best for QD
- I recently bought a lightly used one, with LT660, for $625.  That was a great deal and less than some used T-1's I see on the EE
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my new T2 for $650 from a dealer.  
I wouldn't look at a used T2 unless pics showed it in excellent condition and price was $550 or less.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Agree with above answers.

Additionally, you have to consider the MRO is drastically undercutting even the T1/H1 in price now.

I recently purchased one with ADM mount shipped for $450 on EE (basically brand new)
I've seen them as low as $435 with Larue Mount.

From a buyer's point--it's honestly hard to justify an extra $300 dollars for the T2.

After getting the MRO in my hands I predict Aimpoint's profits to take a hit.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
added a link to the listing in question.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

added a link to the listing in question.
View Quote

Good luck man.

Aimpoints are great (Own a T1).

Someone will come along.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I think with no mount it's hurting your cause at that price.  Also the point made about the MRO is valid. I like Aimpoints but the MRO is big with some people

If you can go lower that may help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Agree with above answers.

Additionally, you have to consider the MRO is drastically undercutting even the T1/H1 in price now.
I recently purchased one with ADM mount shipped for $450 on EE (basically brand new)I've seen them as low as $435 with Larue Mount.

From a buyer's point--it's honestly hard to justify an extra $300 dollars for the T2.
After getting the MRO in my hands I predict Aimpoint's profits to take a hit.

View Quote

I saw a MRO sell with a scalarworks 1/3 mount for $400 shipped. I was like "Fuck I always miss the good ones!"
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid $625 used for my T2 with ADM mount.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wouldn't look at a used T2 unless pics showed it in excellent condition and price was $550 or less.
View Quote

+1

I think closer to $550 is going to be your number.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought one in EE with LaRue mount for $600 few weeks ago
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Paid $625 for a T2 on an LT660 a while ago.  Damn thing was nearly brand new.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Its these good deals that guys are getting here that's keeping you from selling it. Might have to go lower if you want a quick sale or have patience something I don't have a lot of.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Yea i sold my T2 with LT660 for $580 a few months back, it was a little dinged up tho
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw you went $575 with it...we'll see
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
The no mount is killing you. I keep looking for a T2 with the scalarworks absolute mount id pay $700 shipped. New they are $780. So if I bought your T2 at $600 and a scalarworks mount for $150 id only save $30 and thats not much considering the EE is littered with deals.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I just picked up a like new T2 with Larue LT660 mount for $650 shipped off the EE.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, I'll reinforce prior messages with not having the mount in the package.  $575 may be ambitious.  You may get more for it in a trade though
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
It takes money to make money, you might have to invest in a mount and sell as a package, Geissele is on sale at Brownells this weekend. pick up a fixed mount and then try to sell it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It takes money to make money, you might have to invest in a mount and sell as a package, Geissele is on sale at Brownells this weekend. pick up a fixed mount and then try to sell it.
View Quote

No! Then hell only be able to add his minimum sale plus the cost of the mount. On top of that not everyone likes the Geissele mount. Honestly, Id put $600 obo and just negotiat no lower than $575 If I was desperate. If I didnt mind sitting on it Id put it at $600 and just hold it till it sold. The T2 is very popular and there always on the EE at a good price so its just going to be hard to sell. It might sell better on ebay but ebay will rape you and then paypal will rape you expect to loose about %15 of whatever the final sale is plus shipping. I hate ebay for selling, the EE has been great to me but optics like the MRO and T2 are in abundance on the EE so there just not going to sell fast or easy unless its a killer deal.

And it sold at $575.

Also just a tip make sure your listing shows up on the EE on friday before its to late at night. People get thouse checks and want to spend them lol just my experience.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Definitely do NOT buy a Geissele mount.  A red dot mount that doesn't have quick detach is a throw away item to me.
I understand others will disagree with me.  That's fine, but it doesn't change my opinion.
There are too many different mounts and it limits your market if your Aimpoint has one already.
If you want to sell it, discount your selling price the cost of a mount and your buyer will buy whatever mount he wants.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No! Then hell only be able to add his minimum sale plus the cost of the mount. On top of that not everyone likes the Geissele mount. Honestly, Id put $600 obo and just negotiat no lower than $575 If I was desperate. If I didnt mind sitting on it Id put it at $600 and just hold it till it sold. The T2 is very popular and there always on the EE at a good price so its just going to be hard to sell. It might sell better on ebay but ebay will rape you and then paypal will rape you expect to loose about %15 of whatever the final sale is plus shipping. I hate ebay for selling, the EE has been great to me but optics like the MRO and T2 are in abundance on the EE so there just not going to sell fast or easy unless its a killer deal.

And it sold at $575.

Also just a tip make sure your listing shows up on the EE on friday before its to late at night. People get thouse checks and want to spend them lol just my experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it sold at $575.

True, timing is everything
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
paid $630 for my brand new T-2 with no mount
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top