Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2016 6:37:04 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of the 3 ACOG models that have the reticle specific to the 300 BLK? I have a 300 BLK with an 8.5" barrel and would like to scope it. I have 2 4x32 ACOG's now on other rifles and really like them. It's more expensive then I'd like, but I'm really leaning towards one of the ACOG's. For anyone that has used one specific to the 300 BLK, what supersonic ammo were you using to zero and does the subsonic reticle maintain the proper zero (I'm not sure that I worded that correctly) on the aiming diamonds that correspond to the aiming points for subsonic ammo? They say it is calibrated on shooting from a 16" barrel, has anyone with one of these optics used it on a shorter barrel (such as an 8.5") and how much deviation would there be? I only plan at shooting at distances less then 200 yds.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/community/whats_new_item.php?whats_newID=news_135
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the 4x32 ACOG with the blackout reticle on my 9" barreled 300blk pistol, but I haven't shot it yet. I'm planning on using factory 110gr Barnes tac-tx and 220gr subs. I'll let you know what I come up with at 200yd.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a TA33 on my 9" SBR.  It works well with 120 and 220gr Rem UMC.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the 4x32 ACOG with the blackout reticle on my 9" barreled 300blk pistol, but I haven't shot it yet. I'm planning on using factory 110gr Barnes tac-tx and 220gr subs. I'll let you know what I come up with at 200yd.
View Quote

I had it out for the first time and had a 5.56 ACOG mounted. With UMC and Federal 220 it was pretty consistent. I also had some ARMSCOR 147gr and at 50 yards it was shooting at least 3" to the left. I'm hoping that it was just low quality ammo and 110gr or 120gr will shoot better. From what I can tell, the ACOG isn't even calibrated for supersonic ammo with a heavier weight in the 140-150gr range anyways. I'd be disappointed if I'd buy a nice scope like the ACOG only to have it accurate at either subsonic or supersonic and not the other. I suppose I should get some new, lower grain supersonic ammo and see it the accuracy is better. That will be the decision maker if I should get the ACOG. Or maybe not. I'm sure that by the end of the day, I'll have bought an ACOG on an impulse buy.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top