Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 1:23:37 AM EDT
i have a mk4 1.5-5x and on 1.5 the FOV at 100yds is 67 feet.

i want to get a TA44c, the 1.5x16 acog and it has a FOV of 39ft.

will i be disappointed in that or will it make the 2 eye open scanning and shooting easier? i've become pretty comfortable with the luepy but looking for a simpler and more durable 1.5.

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
both eyes open
featherlight
bright reticle
win

I have been using ACOGs since they first came out...don't really have a problem keeping both eyes open...

I have a green circle dot reticle on my TA44SG-10 in a Larue mount it is fast to acquire

Whether you are gonna like it or not ...can't really tell you that...you just have to try one yourself.

I like mine for daylight shooting but prefer a VXR 1.25-4 with a 2moa firedot for overall shooting as I use the top end magnification... prefer an Aimpoint Comp M4 or T2 after dark

For a walking around short barreled AR hard to beat that TA44SG for keeping it light.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the reticle a in a ta 44c and ta 45 the same size overall
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
both eyes open
featherlight
bright reticle
win

I have been using ACOGs since they first came out...don't really have a problem keeping both eyes open...

I have a green circle dot reticle on my TA44SG-10 in a Larue mount it is fast to acquire

Whether you are gonna like it or not ...can't really tell you that...you just have to try one yourself.

I like mine for daylight shooting but prefer a VXR 1.25-4 with a 2moa firedot for overall shooting as I use the top end magnification... prefer an Aimpoint Comp M4 or T2 after dark

For a walking around short barreled AR hard to beat that TA44SG for keeping it light.
View Quote

so that VXR scope has a 75ft FOV on 1.25.  do you notice the acog's narrow FOV is better or worse?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The TA44 has a very adequate FOV. I never noticed or thought about it being small.

Compare it to a TA33 and its massive!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
both eyes open
featherlight
bright reticle
win

View Quote

TA44's are all the win.

You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
TA-44's are some of the best kept secret optics around. For general purpose optics, they're an awesome option. For outdoor shorter-range carbine optics mostly inside of 200m, they're my preference and I'd definitely recommend trying it out. Past a few yards, I find them as fast or even faster than red dots, with added precision and clarity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both the Leupold Mk4 1.5-5x and the Trijicon TA44 1.5x16 ACOG.

The lesser FOV on the TA44 is not an issue like it would be on a higher magnification optic. With the long eye relief and minimal optic housing, the shooting eye has no problem seeing around the TA44 giving you a relatively unobstructed view of the target area. I actually got rid of my TA33 due to the small FOV, but the TA44 FOV has not been a problem.

The TA44 1.5x16 is an excellent choice for your intended use of a simple and durable 1.5x.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have both the Leupold Mk4 1.5-5x and the Trijicon TA44 1.5x16 ACOG.

The lesser FOV on the TA44 is not an issue like it would be on a higher magnification optic. With the long eye relief and minimal optic housing, the shooting eye has no problem seeing around the TA44 giving you a relatively unobstructed view of the target area. I actually got rid of my TA33 due to the small FOV, but the TA44 FOV has not been a problem.

The TA44 1.5x16 is an excellent choice for your intended use of a simple and durable 1.5x.
View Quote

I concur 100%
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the TA44 for a while.  I am a huge Trijicon fan.  I have 8 TA11J-Gs.  

I went back to the Aimpoint T1.  There was nothing at fault with the TA44.  I just liked the T1 better.  Even with my astigmatism and the comet shaped dot, I feel the T1 is a better choice.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top