Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 4:55:54 AM EDT
http://www.tacticalwholesalers.com/TRI-ACCUPOWER-1-4X24-RIFLESCOPE-MOA_p_148502.html
This seems to be cheaper than anywhere else by a good bit, so I'm kind of skeptical.
I've posted below about my dislike for the odd reticle in similar scopes, and while it is fairly expensive, the Accupower has a reticle I think I can deal with.
Just wonder how the Accupower stacks up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the 1-4 accupower but I do have two 1-4 accupoints and a 3-9 accupower and I love all three of them. My 1-4's are on a 3 gun rifle and a 14.5 carbine that also has been getting used for 3 gun as well as general purpose. The Accupower is going on a colt 901 .308, the accupower has super clear glass and goos eye relief. As for this website I couldn't tell you if it's legit, but those optics are. They'll probably make it up by charging an arm and a leg on shipping or some sort of processing charges. Compare the price to what you find on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
OP look at the Steiner P4Xi in that price range.  There is a thread on page 1.   Seems like a promising optic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP look at the Steiner P4Xi in that price range.  There is a thread on page 1.   Seems like a promising optic.
View Quote

This user had started a different thread mentioning how he didn't like BDC reticles.

OP I have had an Accupower and they are excellent scopes with great glass, and if you find the reticle you like I say go for it. I don't know where you intend to order from but if you can't find it any cheaper than $650 if you email or call Georgia Optics they will sell you one for $650.

ETA: oh I did not see that you provided a website.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 1-4 AccuPower with the segmented circle. Glass is great, and the features are everything you'd need in that price range. On the Steiner you'd need to purchase an additional throw lever fwiw.

I went with the Larue combo for 891.00. Safe vendor at a good price with a proven mount.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't have the 1-4 accupower but I do have two 1-4 accupoints and a 3-9 accupower and I love all three of them. My 1-4's are on a 3 gun rifle and a 14.5 carbine that also has been getting used for 3 gun as well as general purpose. The Accupower is going on a colt 901 .308, the accupower has super clear glass and goos eye relief. As for this website I couldn't tell you if it's legit, but those optics are. They'll probably make it up by charging an arm and a leg on shipping or some sort of processing charges. Compare the price to what you find on gunbroker.
View Quote

I like the Accupoint as well, or at least I like the pics of the reticles.
What kind of warranty does Trijicon give?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The accupower is good to go if you like BDC reticles and illumination that is NOT day light bright.  I had one for a while, the glass is excellent, very bright and distortion free, the company is top notch, the scope just wasn't for me, too heavy and I have moved away from BDC reticles in general. The reticle is very fine so you may lose it in shadows and on dark objects, the illumination will help with that, but you cannot use it like a Red Dot at 1x as the illumination is low and battery life is not so hot. If those issues are not issues for you then I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Despite the crap battery life I think its a great scope.  Super glass, and the segmented circle recticle is excellent.  In daylight conditions it doesn't need to be illuminated to be very effective, but I haven't shot much with it yet.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't remember specifics on their warranties but you can look up the warranty on their website.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Despite the crap battery life I think its a great scope.  Super glass, and the segmented circle recticle is excellent.  In daylight conditions it doesn't need to be illuminated to be very effective, but I haven't shot much with it yet.

View Quote

To be fair, you can only squeeze so much juice out of a coin cell.  I appreciate Trijicon publishing their actual run times - which I suspect are very close to other manufacturers.

Many of them don't publish their runtimes on max illumination.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Another thing is with the Accupower or the Accupoint and a good mount, I'm getting close to the lower priced ACOGs.
Having never used either, what is the better sight?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another thing is with the Accupower or the Accupoint and a good mount, I'm getting close to the lower priced ACOGs.
View Quote

I'd get a variable over fixed. With the ACOG your paying for what is proven and an opportunity for a clone build. I think fixed power is less attractive than variable.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought you were trying to avoid caliber specific BDC reticles?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the old style Accupoint 1.25x4 German reticle scope with 1" tube. It's a very good scope, but the "german" part of the reticle is way too thick. It has a red dot that glows in the center of the crosshairs both day and night and a very long eye relief.

These are great quality scopes that are near perfect for any carbine or rifle that is intended for use inside 250 yards where BDC doesn't matter.

The circle dot or standard duplex I think would be better.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top