User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Had the same thing happen to me on a safariland holster and mepro sights. Won't bother with them again ever, I don't care how much cheaper it is, If I order something and it shows it stock. I want to have it in a week or less. Fuck optics planet!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here: red dot shown in stock, I order, no shipping email, I send email, item not in stock but still shown as in stock on website, I want to cancel, they don’t respond to my email, call, they tell me I can't cancel because items is already shipped, have to wait for product to arrive, get RMA, return and then I'll get a refund. Item shipped 3 days later by tracking, so they lied. My money was gone for 2 weeks because of these clowns. They couldn’t stop delivery and cancel right away because my item was a drop ship.

First time and last time. I rather spend more money and get it within 2 days free shipping or even overnight through Amazon Prime. They even deliver Sundays around my neck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread scared the crap out of me. I've shot irons since 70s (had a VariX III on a deer rifle in 90s i bought off a buddy). Ordered my 1st optic from them last Thursday  (Leupold MK4 2X8 TS 30 A2) because with coupon it was priced right (40 over leo/mil disco t delivered).

God loves fools and idiots I guess...scope was on door step when I got home today. When I ordered it was marked as "only 1 left". I'm happy but very reserved about future purchases
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
They're like PSA, good shit for good prices but they're slow as hell.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're like PSA, good shit for good prices but they're slow as hell.
View Quote

This.  Although I've gotten lucky with both places.  I don't think I've ever waited more than two weeks for delivery from either place.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a Geissele CH on May 27th, guess what still waiting. I'm not in a rush but this is ridiculous, if the price I got it at wasn't so good I would cancel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Optics Planet is an incredible company I have had nothing but the best experience with them. they always give discounts and free shipping over $50. Anything not in stock is usually acquired very quickly annd shipping is usually fast if your having an issue use there live chat and they will hook you up
View Quote

Me too. Honestly I'm shocked to hear all of this.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow I had no clue. I literally ordered a Meprolight Tru-Dot from them this morning, and already have a tracking number. The only thing I've ever ordered from them was a pair of Glock sights and they shipped right away.

I guess I've had my head in the sand recently....
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting to stumbled into this thread.

The other day I was ready to order a DD m4v11 upper for $899 from OP as they showed it as an available item.  I asked the chat person if they had it in stock and the chat person said NO,its back-ordered and and that it could be 2-3 weeks.

The following day, I looked at the site again and it shows as $940 and again as an "available" item.

Now I see they have a 10% off coupon and am tempted to use it despite not knowing when I'll get the upper.  No rush since I'm sure I'll be waiting for the PSA lower too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a Magpul fixed stock and a Strike Ind. CH on Wednesday and it shipped Thursday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I placed two orders, first one was ordered 12/1/15 and shipped on 12/5/15. Second order was placed 4/1/16 and was cancelled sometime around 4/15 or 4/16. Expected shipping was 14-25 days but after two weeks and no ETA on new inventory caused me to just cancel and seek the item elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered from them once and the entire process was a nightmare, I did get my product, sort of, they where packaging products together that were not compatible. Never received a response to any of my emails etc.... I will NEVER order from them again, I don't care how cheap the price is, the hassle isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a Bladetech belt on order.

Sometime later was notified it was back ordered. Months went by and I forgot about it. Then again realized I never got my belt. Found it somewhere else and canceled my order from Optics.

But I usually get what I order.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Never had a problem, bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I placed an order for an ACOG the other day. Price on the site was $1659, clicked to purchase and it charged $1739. Also showed in stock. Called customer service about the price and was told it wasn't in stock. Cancelled order.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting to stumbled into this thread.

The other day I was ready to order a DD m4v11 upper for $899 from OP as they showed it as an available item.  I asked the chat person if they had it in stock and the chat person said NO,its back-ordered and and that it could be 2-3 weeks.

The following day, I looked at the site again and it shows as $940 and again as an "available" item.

Now I see they have a 10% off coupon and am tempted to use it despite not knowing when I'll get the upper.  No rush since I'm sure I'll be waiting for the PSA lower too.
View Quote

I've never had a problem with them. Call them and ask if you can have it at the previous sale price. I did with a item once and they said sure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I've never had too much of a problem with them and pretty much got everything that I ordered in a timely manner, especially with the free second day FedEx shipping that they have.

When checking their site frequently for deals I have seen some shady stuff going on.

For example, one time I looked at an optic and it had a coupon for 10% off, and after I left to check some other deals and came back to the site the coupon was now 5% off for the same thing on the same page.

I will never just order something from them based on whether the site says it is in stock or not. I usually click on the chat thing or I will call them to double check.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Like many others on here, my experience with Optics Planet has been mostly positive.

They are not MidwayUSA to be sure. But depending on the situation, they are a good option to shop with.

They definitely have a warehouse and stock items (anything that says a specific # in stock is for sure in stock). But with the amount of products they list, who would expect them to stock everything?

Guy who placed an order for Geissele Charging Handle? I could've told you that it would be a wait...call Geissele and they would've said the same. Kinda like the Leupold D-Evo or other products where mil/gov contracts get priority.

OpticsPlanet takes backorders...not the best way to do business but not the worst either. If you cannot find it elsewhere, place the backorder and they will continue to attempt to fill the order however they can.

Discounts/Great prices usually have a pay off...wait time seems to be the OP trade off. Not always, but it happens.

Honestly, call their customer service department more often than not (especially if you have an issue). They can give you more detailed info about an item/situation and will usually apply a discount if there is any margin left (not always the case given how they discount).

I've ordered from other places and had worse experiences, so at least with OpticsPlanet you can get someone on the phone and hold them accountable. Good luck doing that with some other online e-commerce sites.

I don't push them as my go to order place but i don't steer people away...in this day and age, the best consumers shop all around and weigh the pros/cons.

Grey Ghost Gear has given me one of the worst customer service experiences in my entire history as a consumer...I still would shop with them again if the circumstances were right, but you bet I tell anyone my experience if they ask about em.

Funniest part is one of these threads pops up every couple months (not always for Optics Planet either). No one is perfect, few are even great anymore. Part of that is due to us consumers...something to think about.

Anyways, hope the OP of this thread gets his stuff. If you haven't contacted their customer service yet, I highly recommend doing so. Otherwise, I would wait it out unless you can find it at a better price or need it ASAP.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Dam, never knew OpticsPlanet was that bad.  Good to know though.  I bought a 2moa CompML3 in August of last year using a coupon.  Was a 6 day turnaround to my door.  About 3 weeks later they dropped the price to $383.  I sent an email and they actually credited me the $55 dollar difference to price match it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dam, never knew OpticsPlanet was that bad.  Good to know though.  I bought a 2moa CompML3 in August of last year using a coupon.  Was a 6 day turnaround to my door.  About 3 weeks later they dropped the price to $383.  I sent an email and they actually credited me the $55 dollar difference to price match it.
View Quote

So sounds like they aren't "that bad" haha at least not for everyone
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, I just ordered the M21 with triangle reticle from OP yesterday. Wish I would have seen this thread first. The website said they had 19 in stock when I ordered.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm...just received an email from OP that my order shipped. Coincidence? But yay for me!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Damn, I just ordered the M21 with triangle reticle from OP yesterday. Wish I would have seen this thread first. The website said they had 19 in stock when I ordered.
View Quote

I ordered one a couple of days ago when they said they had 21 of them in stock.  Got it last night.  This thread is at least 50% bullshit.  As a precaution, I clicked on the online chat function, confirmed it was in stock.  20 seconds.  Not exactly a huge burden.  Probably spent $20k with them in the past 5 years.  Have I had to cancel an order because I needed it ASAP and it wasn't in stock?  I recall doing so twice, but the vast majority of the stuff was delivered as expected.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I have not had any bad experiences with them.  I think they can be hit or miss.  It has not scared me from buying from them yet.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I got in on a really good price from optics planet, on a acog Ta33 red/horshoe.. ordered it wed, supposed to be here tomorrow.   I was surprised..

Although i am realizing that i cannot afford this optic, and may offer it for the same i have in it.. lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ordered a Mepro sight 3 days ago that showed as in stock on their website. Got email that they have to order it and it would take 1-3 days. Still no ship notice.

What kind of mickey mouse company doesn't use real time stock inventory on their ordering site this day and age?

I'm reluctant to cancel because I had a coupon that used there to save a few bucks. Has anyone been in this spot, and how long did they string you along before you got your stuff?
View Quote

I've bought stuff on Amazon listed as in-stock and fulfilled by Optics Planet.    "In-stock" turned into "6-8 week lead time" in about 2 days.   They overshot that by a mile and then Amazon automatically cancelled the order.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Just bought a vx-6.  Shipped and received within a week.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I order  a Trijicon MRO last last week and got the noticed that it had shipped within a couple of hours of making the order.

Over the last two years I have bought eight higher end scopes and one spotting scopes from them and they all have been shipped expeditiously.  

Prices have always been good, especially when I took advantage of their frequent discounts.  They will give you a 7% discount just for reviewing a purchase.

I also bought a Leuopld lens cover set and it was damaged when I got it.  OP paid for the returned shipping and replaced it immediately.

The only minor complaint I have is that they ship in boxes marked Optic Planet.  I have never had anything stolen but I wish they wouldn't label their boxes so blatantly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Ordered a Primary Arms 3X from OP bc they had a 10% off coupon. It was out of stock at the time. Same with at PA. Figure i'll take some savings and just wait it out. Just notice its in stock at PA now. Hopefully that means OP will get theirs soon too but their website says 9-18 days still.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top