Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 10:59:02 PM EDT
Looks interesting

62,500hr battery life
AA Battery
$299

Description shows 2moa but the title shows 4moa .... Brownells shows 3moa haha ..... So it's somewhere between a 2-4moa dot

Sig Romeo7 Midwayusa

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Awesome setup ..... How long have you been running that optic? Thinking about trying one

Are you able to clarify what size dot it uses? Websites are showing 2, 3 and 4 moa
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Made in ???????
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Awesome setup ..... How long have you been running that optic? Thinking about trying one

Are you able to clarify what size dot it uses? Websites are showing 2, 3 and 4 moa
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

2MOA.  I've had a T&E prototype for about a year.  I received my samples about 3 months ago and have had them in use sine then (T&E model went back to Optics Division).
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Made in ???????
View Quote

Dunno .... I'm guessing china as one would expect at this price point. Not all China optics are equal though obviously ..... I wouldn't be surprised if these are built by Holosun like some of Sigs other red dots. Holosun is making them for a bunch of companies (primary arms to name one). They all seem to have solid reviews .....
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#6]
$300 isn't all that far off from an Aimpoint PRO.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly this. For that kind of money, I'll step up to something that isn't made in China.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Exactly this. For that kind of money, I'll step up to something that isn't made in China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but if you want an Aimpoint that runs on common AA batteries (Comp M4), you're gonna have to cough up around $800 or so. More than twice the price.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer a ring w/dot more than a standard red dot ..... That's a big plus for me anyways

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, but if you want an Aimpoint that runs on common AA batteries (Comp M4), you're gonna have to cough up around $800 or so. More than twice the price.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only $100 off the price of a Mepro Trudot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mako group is why I won't buy one ...... you are screwed if it breaks
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if you buy from Brownells.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#13]
How is that? If it fails in a year are they gonna take it back?

Unfortunately Mako is the only importer on that optic.... so if it fails or has to be repaired you have to go through them ......

Edit: Just read brownells return policy which I wasn't aware of ..... Surely they don't just take everything back at anytime???? So I could buy an optic or scope and 5 years later decide I want an upgrade and just send it back for a full refund?  Either way that's still awesome that they offer such a thing
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
My point is just that it needs to be close to duty grade for that price. There are many online retailers that sell the PRO for $350 or $379 ish during black Friday, Father's Day, Memorial/Independence day sales.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My point is just that it needs to be close to duty grade for that price. There are many online retailers that sell the PRO for $350 or $379 ish during black Friday, Father's Day, Memorial/Independence day sales.
View Quote

Eh well we don't really know if it is or isn't ...... So far from what I have been seeing the Holosun red dots have been holding up rather well with plenty of abuse

Aimpoint is obviously the gold standard and I am sure they always will be
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top