Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 8:12:31 PM EDT
Anyone here have both of these? If so, will you post some side by side pics for comparison, specifically FOV?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a Vortex Razor reflex.  But it appears to be rail width like most other mini reflex sights such as the Burris FastFire 3.

Here is my FastFire 3 on the left and the much wider, larger screen of my DeltaPoint Pro on the right.

DeltaPoint real world field of view.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks....anyone else?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like it gets wider over the side to me.  But maybe not as much?  IDK.....  It's a good question OP.  I'd be interested in hearing too.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_red_dot
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like it gets wider over the side to me.  But maybe not as much?  IDK.....  It's a good question OP.  I'd be interested in hearing too.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_red_dot
View Quote

From looking at some photos, I think you are right that the Razor reflex extends out a bit on each side, but it is hard to figure out the screen size.  Can't tell.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The nice thing about the Razor is the Lifetime warranty
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its not duty grade and not well protected, so you might need that warranty.  It is less expensive, but also is quite blue tinted compared to the DP Pro. and, of course, not motion activated.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Its not duty grade and not well protected, so you might need that warranty.  It is less expensive, but also is quite blue tinted compared to the DP Pro. and, of course, not motion activated.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And no kickass triangle reticle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, I've had my DP pro about a month now and I've had it out on the range 3 times. I don't have a sling setup for this particular "pistol" yet so when running and gunning, the gun just gets dropped in/on blue barrels when I transition to my pistol. I'm not nice to it and It's held up wonderfully.

I'm beyond enamored with it, seriously the best dot I've used.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for the DP Pro.  Love mine, worth every penny.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It took them a long time to release it, but they seemed to really pay attention to the feedback from beta testing and military and LE trials.  As far as I can tell, tbey really got it right.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:28:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It took them a long time to release it, but they seemed to really pay attention to the feedback from beta testing and military and LE trials.  As far as I can tell, tbey really got it right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I typically avoid the first run of anything, but Leupold got it right the first time.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
How long has the Deltapoint Pro been on the market?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

A few months now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A few months now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A few months now.

Almost a year for commercial sales.  I bought mine in late October 2015.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few months now.

No shit. I only saw a few pop up on the EE here and there a little while ago, so I figured they hadn't been out too long
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been thinking hard about a DPP. I've never used a reflex sight before and would like to try one. A local store had the Vortex Razor and....Venom? (something like that) that I fondled but the batteries were dead in both so I couldn't check out the sight.  Being used to magnified optics and full size Aimpoints my first though was wow, they're tiny little buggers!

Also, PSA has the Razor on sale with free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-razor-red-dot-3-moa-dot-rzr-2001.html
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#17]
^^^

Nice price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#18]
DPP isn't NVG Compatible.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been thinking hard about a DPP. I've never used a reflex sight before and would like to try one. A local store had the Vortex Razor and....Venom? (something like that) that I fondled but the batteries were dead in both so I couldn't check out the sight.  Being used to magnified optics and full size Aimpoints my first though was wow, they're tiny little buggers!

Also, PSA has the Razor on sale with free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-razor-red-dot-3-moa-dot-rzr-2001.html
View Quote

Yeah, but the crazy thing is the Leupold one is as big as a MicroDot, , the glass part.  MS556 had a picture showing the two side by side.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
MS556 posted a pic of a DDP next to a FF3. I believe the Razor is slightly larger than the FF3. The Venom is FF3 size.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
MS556 posted a pic of a DDP next to a FF3. I believe the Razor is slightly larger than the FF3. The Venom is FF3 size.
View Quote

Yes.  I can't compare directly to the Razor.  The only think I could find is an Internet pic of the Razor next to the older first generation DeltaPoint.  I do not know if the DP Pro screen size changed.

What stunned me was how dark and blue green the Razor screen was in comparison.  And, of course, the DP Pro is much more ruggedized and is motion-activated.  If you look back up at my photos you can see that Leupold has made the screen flat on the bottom and sides, compared to the original.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#22]
yeah that blue tint is a bit much
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit. I used mine with a PVS14 without issue. It does not bloom out a good NV optic much, especially if used with an IR illuminator which makes it as good as any dedicated NV dot sight.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes.  I can't compare directly to the Razor.  The only think I could find is an Internet pic of the Razor next to the older first generation DeltaPoint.  I do not know if the DP Pro screen size changed.

What stunned me was how dark and blue green the Razor screen was in comparison.  And, of course, the DP Pro is much more ruggedized and is motion-activated.  If you look back up at my photos you can see that Leupold has made the screen flat on the bottom and sides, compared to the original.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/ikoshkin/Sport_Optics/Mini_Red_Dot/WP_20121230_029_zpsbdcc68e3.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/ikoshkin/Sport_Optics/Mini_Red_Dot/WP_20121230_029_zpsbdcc68e3.jpg

Its smaller and more blue (slightly... like an Aimpoint) than the original... however that doubled battery life and it now fits in a 6354DO perfectly. Its so tight I can only assume that they used the hood to select its dimensions.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#25]
what kind of battery life are you getting?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
what kind of battery life are you getting?
View Quote

Which optic?  If you mean the DPP, it will probably be at least three years.  It's too new to say for sure, but it runs the same circuit and uses the same battery as the FireDot in my VX-R scope.  I'm over 3-1/2 years now due to the motion activation circuit.  I leave it on all the time.  It's ready with no button to push.  I turn it off only for extended vehicle transport where it will be bounced around and stay on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bullshit. I used mine with a PVS14 without issue. It does not bloom out a good NV optic much, especially if used with an IR illuminator which makes it as good as any dedicated NV dot sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good to know.  Leupold does not represent it to be NV compatible.  I doubt I will to that route, but your experience suggests that I need not worry about a tube getting permanently burned.  It does have one illumination setting just above "off" where I cannot see any dot in a completely dark pitch black room, so I wondered if that might be its intended use.  I don't know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I would not hard mount any NV device on a rifle with any illuminated reticle. It will burn given enough time. I used it strictly head mounted, like I would normally.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top