Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 3:06:25 PM EDT
So I'm in the market for an Aimpoint.  I've been using a SPARC 2 + Burris AR Tripler (3x magnifier that I really only use at the range), and have been thoroughly enjoying the setup.  The only real reason I want a new RDS, is to re-purpose the sparc for something else.  So why not go with like THE leaders in the RDS world.  I've always been a HUGE fan of using an Eotech, but through connections I'm in line to get one for free, which is good, because knowing what we know now about the company over the last year, I don't trust actually purchasing that product until we know what the future of that company and product is.  And the MRO...  Idk what to think of it.  Seems to have a few bugs yet to be worked out.  

I'm not really concerned about the actual price, I'm more of a value person.  I don't *think* I want a large RDS, so I'm thinking about the T-2 with a DD or LaRue mount.  But I must admit, I've never used a T-2 (or T-1).  I've used Pro, M4, and the ACO.  They worked, but I wasn't super partial to their size.  That being said, which one brings the best value and why?  

To preemptively answer the "purpose of my rifle" question - it's a HD/SHTF asset.  It's an "enhanced" Spike's 16" middy I built myself last winter.  I currently have a SAR3 rail + light, so it's fairly balanced, but a little heavy. I'd like the keep the weight down - never know if you'll have to keep some shit-bag muzzled for a bunch of minutes while waiting for help to arrive.  I'm pretty confident that any of the Aimpoint products will massively exceed my durability requirements, so I'm not worried about that.

I think I'm answering my own question, but please enlighten me if something besides the T-2 carries more value.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say then the H1 or T1 is your best bet, specially if u have used the "bigger" versions.  I prefer the M3 and pro but thats mostly cause the price for the t1 is (to me) insane.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you're already leaning toward a micro.  Just go with it.  Unless you want the new features included in the H2/T2, you can save a little bit of coin and check for good H1/T1s in the used market.  Really can't go wrong either way, but the size and weight of those options are advantageous.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The Aimpoint PRO is hard to beat for the money, but the T2 if you can afford it is worth the difference.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have four T1s and a T2. The latter is worth the upgrade for the protected housing, less blue tint, better dot, and built in caps. Most people that don't like the T2 are hindered by either price or the 20mm objective being too small. You're okay with price as a non factor; I've cheeked my guns so many times the smaller lens plays no impact into my ability to find the dot.

T2 all the way. Larue mounts are gtg
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have four T1s and a T2. The latter is worth the upgrade for the protected housing, less blue tint, better dot, and built in caps. Most people that don't like the T2 are hindered by either price or the 20mm objective being too small. You're okay with price as a non factor; I've cheeked my guns so many times the smaller lens plays no impact into my ability to find the dot.

View Quote

The optic I have now is only 22mm objective, so not any noticeable difference there.  If anything the T2's reputation for having crystal clear glass will make it seem better anyways.  Can the lens covers be completely removed on the T2?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The optic I have now is only 22mm objective, so not any noticeable difference there.  If anything the T2's reputation for having crystal clear glass will make it seem better anyways.  Can the lens covers be completely removed on the T2?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes both the front and rear can be removed. I just pivot mine downward where they each lean on the upper receiver when open. Out of the way and still handy when I want to wrap up and throw it back in the case.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a PRO, M4 and an T2.  I like the T2 best.  It's size is just hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate tiny things...I have a M4s on 1 AR.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes both the front and rear can be removed. I just pivot mine downward where they each lean on the upper receiver when open. Out of the way and still handy when I want to wrap up and throw it back in the case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  Guess it's time to put the order in!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#10]
T1 or T2 on a Bobro absolute cowitness mount
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm a huge micro fan. You can snag a used T1/H1 at a great price on the EE.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top