Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 11:56:44 PM EDT
So I'm still in search of the perfect optic / combo.  I'm going to try an Acog / mini red dot offset next.  My question is : what kind of setup would quickly allow me to switch between the offset configuration and one where I just want to use the mrds by itself with an absolute cowitness height?  Is this even possible or practical?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#1]
For what? What distance?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get an absolute co witness mount for it. Then use an offset 45 rail (usually made for offset mounting lights). Then just switch between the 2. You will have to remember the adjustments to make for zero in each position.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can get an absolute co witness mount for it. Then use an offset 45 rail (usually made for offset mounting lights). Then just switch between the 2. You will have to remember the adjustments to make for zero in each position.
View Quote

So I've thought about doing this, but with the offset mount I would want it as close to the bore as possible...so basically no riser at all.

So is there anyway to go from an offset with no riser to an absolute co witness or would I need to also install a new base to the mrds?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So I've thought about doing this, but with the offset mount I would want it as close to the bore as possible...so basically no riser at all.

So is there anyway to go from an offset with no riser to an absolute co witness or would I need to also install a new base to the mrds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found that I needed the same cheekweld when offset as I had with it up top.  Rotating the stock did not change cheekweld.  So I use an absolute height riser between my DeltaPoint Pro and the ADM QD mount.  Your experience may be different.  This also simplifies the mount method.  I have it zeroed for 50 yards at the offset location.  When it is up top, it is CQB indoors home defense.  At those close ranges it does not need to be rezeroed.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I found that I needed the same cheekweld when offset as I had with it up top.  Rotating the stock did not change cheekweld.  So I use an absolute height riser between my DeltaPoint Pro and the ADM QD mount.  Your experience may be different.  This also simplifies the mount method.  I have it zeroed for 50 yards at the offset location.  When it is up top, it is CQB indoors home defense.  At those close ranges it does not need to be rezeroed.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/DC3CA486-2C52-4CCB-8C29-9F5AE3953216_zps5nsfdkzp.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/94FC4D7E-6A10-4992-9A4B-76AEE889D885_zpsgmomecdc.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/DC3CA486-2C52-4CCB-8C29-9F5AE3953216_zps5nsfdkzp.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/94FC4D7E-6A10-4992-9A4B-76AEE889D885_zpsgmomecdc.jpg

Awesome!  Exactly what I was looking for!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top