Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2016 1:13:33 PM EDT
Other than Daniel Defense, Troy, and LMT does anyone make a set (front and rear) sights. The prices for the 3 mentioned seems high for what they are, any cheaper alternatives?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul?

Plastic and metal versions available
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Magpul?

Plastic and metal versions available
View Quote
Looking for fixed non folding. I've got magpul on 4 rifles right now. Setting up a simple rifle and wanted irons only.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Daniel Defense.  They're slim, no bullshit sights.  I've used them a few times and they work well for what they are.  I'm considering mounting a set right now actually....
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like the Daniel Defense.  They're slim, no bullshit sights.  I've used them a few times and they work well for what they are.  I'm considering mounting a set right now actually....
View Quote
I've handled them before and liked them, but the $120 price tag for a set just makes me think that something as simple as a set of fixed sights shouldn't demand a premium price tag.

Before I get the "you get what you pay for" speach I understand that quality has a price and I have spent quite a bit of money on premium parts (larue, aimpoint, geissele) but honestly I don't see how these sights should be over $80 for the set.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
If they don't sell many fixed sights, prices go up per unit. Economy of scale.  That's why fixed sight prices are as expensive as folding sights, even though they're simpler to make.

If you want to see expensive sights, look at PRI :)  I'm very happy with my Daniel Defense fixed front sight. Cheapest fixed sights are probably going to be an A2.  Also, look around on the EE for used fixed sights. That helps control costs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top