BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
yes sir, your review has done it for me.  I'm buying one for my current project.  CNFW
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Make no mistake, this review is not biased in any way, if the MRO had performed poorly or for any other reason deserved a negative review, it certainly would of gotten one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trijicon has not exactly had strong showings  in the battery powered 1x realm (Tri-power, SRS) and the MRO (at this time) lacks the track record the micro series has demonstrated over past 8 years.  T1 street price is only slightly above the MRO but agree the T2 is priced very high.

I hope the MRO does well since competition is good - I'll just wait for results of real world use as opposed to the gushing unboxing reviews.  

I'm still using the M3 fwiw ... 30mm ftw!

Make no mistake, this review is not biased in any way, if the MRO had performed poorly or for any other reason deserved a negative review, it certainly would of gotten one.

The review is nice just color me skeptical with all new products. Hopefully this is just as robust as the T series. I wouldn't mind paying less. Only time will tell though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
wonder if we will see a T-3 with a larger front objective in the future....
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, any idea when the AAC Blastout is going into production.  I tried to buy the sample off of them at SHOT, but they turned me down.  I need 6 of them LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
How was parallax? I just read another review on TOS and the guy said there were huge shifts. I realize it's a sample of one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, any idea when the AAC Blastout is going into production.  I tried to buy the sample off of them at SHOT, but they turned me down.  I need 6 of them LOL
View Quote

They're running production right now on the Blastout
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How was parallax? I just read another review on TOS and the guy said there were huge shifts. I realize it's a sample of one.
View Quote

I read the same review. For reference, the T2 had a 4 MOA diagonal shift that was repeatable in my testing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I read the same review. For reference, the T2 had a 4 MOA diagonal shift that was repeatable in my testing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How big of deal is that. I've only ever used eotech but I've never shot them with the reticle all the way to either side or anything.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How big of deal is that. I've only ever used eotech but I've never shot them with the reticle all the way to either side or anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, no. I meant it in a different manner. The T2 did not have enough parallax for me to notice. If it did, I didn't mess with it. What I meant was...

The T2 distorts light. If you shoot your irons through the T2, your POI will shift 4 MOA, presuming you zeroed your irons without the T2 in place.

From what I understand, the maximum amount of parallax that a RDS can have is equal to some formula of the diameter of the objective and the distance of the eye from the occular and then the distance to the target, and the amount of deviation from "true", or some such heavy-minded math. I personally have never missed a target due to it, and if you're not centering the dot, it's assumed you're using the weapon "dynamically", and only hits/misses are scored. Not "group size". Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I find the RMRs are hard to look through from 2-10Y out due to some optical distortion (some are worse than others).
I'm hoping it's not that bad.  At TOS, he says it's actually disorienting at close ranges....which isn't something that ANY of the micros do.

I can't wait to read more reviews.  I'm still on the fence between an H2 and an MRO...but the MRO for $500 with a QD mount will likely still be $150 cheaper than an H2 with a mount.

PatMac has demonstrated quite a bit of parallax with T1s and RMRs on classes.  But even that was only maybe 8-16 inches at its biggest shift if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Just to add to this .... Optics planet shows to have 23 in stock (without the mount)

Add the 10% "10LABRD" coupon for a discount

http://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-1x25mm-mro-2-0-moa-adj-red-dot-sight.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#12]
its too bad this wasn't announced back when i was shopping for a micro RDS for my DDm4. I would have snapped this up over the T2.

Alas, I can't justify selling the T2 at a loss in order to buy the MRO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just to add to this .... Optics planet shows to have 23 in stock (without the mount)

View Quote

They claim to have the low mount in stock as well. I was about to order one but I'd like to verify they are in hand first as I wanted to have it for a special range day next weekend.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
So...someone who has a T2 and a MRO...

Is setting "3" on the MRO brighter, as bright, or not as bright, as the T2 on setting "8"?

*T1 and T2 look the same to me on #8, so if you have a T1...input is equally desired.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the tip!  Decided to try one. $443 shipped with discount, no mount.  OP only had the low mounts in stock.  Going to wait for a quick detach full co-witness mount.  Called Larue today and they said that they are making a proprietary QR mount for Trijicon, buy don't know when it will be available for public sale.  Called Borbo and they said they hope to have something out in a few weeks.  Not sure what ADM is doing.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip!  Decided to try one. $443 shipped with discount, no mount.  OP only had the low mounts in stock.  Going to wait for a quick detach full co-witness mount.  Called Larue today and they said that they are making a proprietary QR mount for Trijicon, buy don't know when it will be available for public sale.  Called Borbo and they said they hope to have something out in a few weeks.  Not sure what ADM is doing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scalar Tech Works is also supposed to have a mount out would imagine Midwest Ind will also?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Scalar Tech is also supposed to have a mount out would imagine Midwest Ind will also?
View Quote

I asked Midwest and they said they had something in the works
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Couldn't pass up that deal. Now all I need is the LaRue mount for it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Larue mount may be a while coming.  When I called Larue yesterday they said the were making a mount for Trjicon only and didn't know when they would be available for public sale.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Larue mount may be a while coming.  When I called Larue yesterday they said the were making a mount for Trjicon only and didn't know when they would be available for public sale.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL with those guys that probably means we will see once next week....

Post on this thread if any of you guys who ordered up from Optics Planet gets a shipping notification.....please.

via con queso y frijoles negros
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I used the Online Chat feature to confirm that OpticsPlanet actually had them in stock.  I received a "Yes" along with the current number in stock of the various options.  I fent.  Will let you know when a shipment confirmation goes out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]
My red dot just went down on my recent 556 project and I sent it back for warranty work, so I'm officially ripe for this MRO!  People are saying the MRO is ugly, but I really like the aesthetics of it, maybe its a form meets function kinda thing though, which seems to be a common theme in most areas of my life.

I wanted to see if there was any input or feedback on swaying to the co-witness height mount vs the SOCOM aka lower 1/3 mount.  Please, I'm not looking to start a dog pile or a "which is best in general".  I'm familiar with the equipment and concepts after 21 years on active duty.

Anyway, since the front objective is 25mm in diameter and appears to be MUCH taller than other MRDs, I am considering a co-witness height for a reduced footprint/height. Also, with a co-witness mount under the MRO, the BUIS and MRO may both share the same POA and POI (as posted, this is not always the case with all optics).  IMO this a nice effect to take advantage of as well.

Is anyone else taking this into consideration for the mount under their new MRO?

eta1, its the top brightness selector wheel that seems to increase the height

eta2 Botach does not have in-stock, its a purchase for pre-order, with 9/14 as the ship date
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I underestimated how much folks value looks when it comes to purchasing decisions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I underestimated how much folks value looks when it comes to purchasing decisions.
View Quote

We are biologically programed to evaluate first on looks....its a mental discipline to look at facts and performance and judge from that.

Genesis 2: 9
The Planting of the Garden of Eden
8The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed. 9Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. 10Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden; and from there it divided and became four rivers.…

Genesis 3:16
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

-we were hard wired to for looks......probably smell too

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Heard back from Scalarworks mid to late Nov on the MRO mount
"It will be worth it."

-no doubt
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wanted to see if there was any input or feedback on swaying to the co-witness height mount vs the SOCOM aka lower 1/3 mount.  Please, I'm not looking to start a dog pile or a "which is best in general".  I'm familiar with the equipment and concepts after 21 years on active duty.
View Quote

For me personally, I like the 1/3 mount when the red dot is mounted on a rifle with a fixed sight and I like the co-witness on rifles with folding sights.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like going to take a real beating to the pocketbook and from SWMBO...
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looks like going to take a real beating to the pocketbook and from SWMBO...
View Quote

LOL don't feel bad....
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For me personally, I like the 1/3 mount when the red dot is mounted on a rifle with a fixed sight and I like the co-witness on rifles with folding sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  Me too.

I was concerned with the extra height of the MRO/selection wheel and adding even more to the height with a "lower 1/3" height mount.  I also like the 1/3 height mount since it helps me keep my head up a bit more.  For me, targets are easier to view/find and moving with my head more aligned with the center of my shoulders is a lot more "graceful" or more coordinated lol.

I asked my question only because the seemingly "taller" height of the MRO, with the 25mm objective housing (bigger than 20mm) AND the selection wheel sticking-up on top of the housing. I'll likely just trust my own eyeball-gauge and go with co-witness height.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I think the difference is probably only 3-4mm...1/8" maybe?
I'll take anything I can get since--in some positions--it's hard to get a good cheek-weld with most ear-pro.

I'm holding off, but have seen some places selling for $460 and others saying the pre-order price is gone and asking $600 or more.  
I'll be waiting for $525 with a good mount, however long that takes (though I like the idea of an H2 as well).
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Shipping notification received on my MRO order from OpticsPlanet.  ETA is Saturday.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Shipping notification received on my MRO order from OpticsPlanet.  ETA is Saturday.  
View Quote

When did you order?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When did you order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you order?

Yesterday at around 3:00 pm EST.  Chose the free economy shipping.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Post on this thread if any of you guys who ordered up from Optics Planet gets a shipping notification.....please.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got email confirmation from OP that they shipped my MRO.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#35]
This review sold me. Ya it's not the prettiest but that isn't my concern.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just found a tracking number in my in box also. S'posed to be here on Fri.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I called SWFA yesterday and they told me that they still haven't received them.  I'm jealous that your product shipped already  Checked my online status this morning "Backordered" still.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Checked Brownells today, shows in stock. Shows to back order now.

*received my tracking from OpticsPlanet. Should be in hand Monday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#39]
My LGS has both in stock and I am heading down there to test fit them on my MK18.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I am now the proud owner of a lower 1/3 co witness model. Fits nicely on top of my MK18.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am now the proud owner of a lower 1/3 co witness model. Fits nicely on top of my MK18.
View Quote

Can you post a pic?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Can you post a pic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you post a pic?

Yeah c'mon man who're that thing out with pov pics with dot on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's some pics with a T2 for comparison sake.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Not the best pictures but the ones I took when I picked it up.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#45]
What was the determination on which QD mounts will fit it? Same ones as the Micro?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What was the determination on which QD mounts will fit it? Same ones as the Micro?
View Quote

Micro mounts will NOT fit.

All the players in the mount business will likely have a mount out soon.  I know LaRue, MI, Scalarworks, and  ADM are either making them or have plans to...I personally haven't asked Bobro, but it would surprise me if they weren't
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#47]
So what do you guys who HAVE them think about setting #3 and it's brigtness?   Is it bright enough for daytime use and with a weapon-light?  
How does the dot look to your eyes (and magnified if you have one)?  Can't wait for the wave of upcoming reviews.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

All the players in the mount business will likely have a mount out soon.  I know LaRue, MI, Scalarworks, and  ADM are either making them or have plans to...I personally haven't asked Bobro, but it would surprise me if they weren't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called Bobro and they should have something out in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So what do you guys who HAVE them think about setting #3 and it's brigtness?   Is it bright enough for daytime use and with a weapon-light?  
How does the dot look to your eyes (and magnified if you have one)?  Can't wait for the wave of upcoming reviews.
View Quote

Setting three is more than enough to use with a weapon light indoors with the lights on. Much less with the lights off. And that is using the Surefire X300U pictured above.

Good to know about the mounts. I see the ADM mount available but I really don't like the way they made the rail attachment. Not sure what the point of that was.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just first impressions....just got my delivery a few minutes ago...

my front lens is screwed into the front objective cockeyed...extremely cockeyed.....normal?

read somewhere that this is necessary for the light for the diode to appear in the center of the view?

anyone confirm?

Glass is clear dot comes on and its very quick to pick up on

Once my chief photo engineer gets home will try to get a pic of this
Page / 30
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top