Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ya I was looking at the cantilever mount set for $517 shipped. Doesn't say anything about out of stock.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for that. I think I'm going to end up ordering with the LaRue qd mount. Doesn't seem to be any deals for those currently. Upside if I get swag with LaRue

Larue has the MRO and either of their 1/3 QD mounts for $510.  Not sure if they are in stock but you can order.  Larue does not make a absolute mount.

Ya I was looking at the cantilever mount set for $517 shipped. Doesn't say anything about out of stock.

LaRue doesn't have real time inventory.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's a good deal.  Wish I had seen this before ordering the MRO for $414 with a low mount I won't use.  Ordered a LaRue mount anyway so probably could have saved $30 overall.

Anyway, I've had it mounted with the low mount (it's a really low nose to the handle mount) just to check it out.  Quite pleased with it.  Thinking about a second one before prices go up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for that. I think I'm going to end up ordering with the LaRue qd mount. Doesn't seem to be any deals for those currently. Upside if I get swag with LaRue

Larue has the MRO and either of their 1/3 QD mounts for $510.  Not sure if they are in stock but you can order.  Larue does not make a absolute mount.

That's a good deal.  Wish I had seen this before ordering the MRO for $414 with a low mount I won't use.  Ordered a LaRue mount anyway so probably could have saved $30 overall.

Anyway, I've had it mounted with the low mount (it's a really low nose to the handle mount) just to check it out.  Quite pleased with it.  Thinking about a second one before prices go up.

I was thinking about picking up the co wit deal from kygun and then just buying the LaRue mount. That way I had a 1/3 and co. Basically would cost like $20 more to have both mounts. But I don't really see the need I guess since I'd prefer the qd anyways.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah that sucks to hear.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^

Check their forum.  There is a thread about ship times for the MRO mount combo.  You can get a better feel for how long the wait is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Once my eotech refund shows up, my money is going to larue
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So I'm guessing I might as well just order it. It seems people are receiving units recently from larue
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
i love my slr mount.  its just so small and simple and sexy.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/RFleming919/unnamed-2_zps4anmdd8o.jpg?t=1458339331
View Quote

Ya theirs is a nice piece. I use the sentry 7 already too. But I didn't like that it wasn't qd. The scalarworks is pretty similar in design to the slr but it's qd.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
FYI - Just got an MRO in from KyGun.  No battery installed and 132xx serial #.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know if these have been posted or not. But flip up covers are around.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Tenebraex-Ocular-Lens-Flip-Covers-Trijicon-MRO-p/trmr01-fcr.htm
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Tenebraex-Objective-Lens-Adapter-Ring-Trijicon-MRO-p/trmr00-ar.htm
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Tenebraex-Objective-Lens-Flip-Covers-Trijicon-MRO-p/37mmfc-fcv.htm
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ya theirs is a nice piece. I use the sentry 7 already too. But I didn't like that it wasn't qd. The scalarworks is pretty similar in design to the slr but it's qd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/RFleming919/unnamed-2_zps4anmdd8o.jpg?t=1458339331

Yeah I waited months for the scalarworks, then I realized I dont need qd for this rifle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Order placed. LaRue forward cant mount with mro combo. $517 shipped direct from LaRue. Happy enough with the price. It's like I paid $400 for the unit. $110 for mount. 7 shipping. I'm more excited for the swag as this is my first order from LaRue.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered the cantilvered mount from Larue on 3/16 and got it 3/19. Havent been out to the range yet with it unfortunately.
Side note: this was the first order I've ever placed with Larue. Holy free stuff Batman.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Tenebraex-Ocular-Lens-Flip-Covers-Trijicon-MRO-p/trmr01-fcr.htm

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Tenebraex-Objective-Lens-Adapter-Ring-Trijicon-MRO-p/trmr00-ar.htm

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Tenebraex-Objective-Lens-Flip-Covers-Trijicon-MRO-p/37mmfc-fcv.htm
View Quote

Haha those prices though. Thought about a killflash, but I'm gonna have to pass.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Hope Tango Down comes out with cover cheaper then that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Haha those prices though. Thought about a killflash, but I'm gonna have to pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully once more people start selling and making them the price will drop. At this point no one else has anything.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hopefully once more people start selling and making them the price will drop. At this point no one else has anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically neither do they, at least they all show out of stock for me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant tenebraex. No one else has shown an actual design with prices.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I got to try a MRO this weekend. I didn't notice the red glare and the blue tint wasn't bad or distracting. I did notice it was blurry around the edges. Is that normal?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I recieved my MRO two weeks ago.  I wear glasses and these are things I noticed.  They may differ for people that do not wear glasses.  I'm near sighted (images are blurry at longer distances).

Everything is exaggerated indoors is my first disclaimer. I feel this is because of the lighting/ shadows mostly and there is just more going on outdoors to see/ distract you.

I noticed the red glare indoors but did not really notice it outdoors.
I noticed the very slight blurred edges indoors, I had to really look for it.  Outdoors, it  was non existent.
The MRO is much smaller than I thought it would be even after looking at a lot of pictures mounted on rifles.
I thought it was a very fast on target RDS.  
The dot is not perfect but it is good.  This could be because I wear glasses.
My unit has an easily noticeable magnification.  
I see a double image unless I really concentrate on focusing on the target I'm aiming at.  Imagine forcing your eyes to cross, see a double image.  I could see this causing really bad eye fitigue for me.

I feel like the last three observations could be because I wear glasses.  Curious to here others opinions/ reviews that wear glasses and are near sighted.

I really want to like this RDS but it may not work for me.  I have a 13k serial number.  I may exchange mine to see if another will have the same issues.  I bought mine from Optics Planet and it looked to be NIB.  Battery was sealed ad not installed and no marks on the battery compartment like I easily put on it being very careful.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I got to try a MRO this weekend. I didn't notice the red glare and the blue tint wasn't bad or distracting. I did notice it was blurry around the edges. Is that normal?
View Quote

I didn't notice any blur. Blur was also something I wasn't looking for. I'll probably noticed it now like the red tint lol... Small cons to me though. I love the sight overall. Awesome paired with a Samson 3.5x
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I recieved my MRO two weeks ago.  I wear glasses and these are things I noticed.  They may differ for people that do not wear glasses.  I'm near sighted (images are blurry at longer distances).

Everything is exaggerated indoors is my first disclaimer. I feel this is because of the lighting/ shadows mostly and there is just more going on outdoors to see/ distract you.

I noticed the very slight blurred edges indoors, I had to really look for it.  Outdoors, it  was non existent.
The MRO is much smaller than I thought it would be even after looking at a lot of pictures mounted on rifles.
I see a double image unless I really concentrate on focusing on the target I'm aiming at.  Imagine forcing your eyes to cross, see a double image.  I could see this causing really bad eye fitigue for me.

I feel like the last three observations could be because I wear glasses.  Curious to here others opinions/ reviews that wear glasses and are near sighted.

I really want to like this RDS but it may not work for me.  I have a 13k serial number.  I may exchange mine to see if another will have the same issues.  I bought mine from Optics Planet and it looked to be NIB.  Battery was sealed ad not installed and no marks on the battery compartment like I easily put on it being very careful.
View Quote

This might be a little misleading to someone considering one of these.  Don't see blurred edges on mine.  Might if I tested for it like a camera lens or high end binocs. The magnification is very slight and has no bearing on actual usability. You will get that 'double image' with all red dot sights if you keep both eyes open.  Close one eye and it goes away.  Red glare happens on red dot's when there is back lighting.  Same with my Aimpoint PRO.  While I think the MRO does it more, there's still no impact to function.  Don't think the quality of the dot is any different from any other scope.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#23]
If you notice a blur it's most likely attributed to astigmatism.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope not the case. I have used and use lots of red dots. The MRO dot was nice and crisp. As was the center of the image. The edge around the lens was fuzzy/blurry. I had no problems using it for a few mags. I was just curious as I have only ever seen one in person. The guy who owned it was planning on replacing it with a T1. Hopefully I will run across another to see if it's the same.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. No ast here, and I noticed the edge blur plain as day. Didn't bother me, but it's there.
Doesn't matter now, I ditched the MRO and bought a couple of Compact ACOGs.
May try another out if Trijicon brings out a Gen2.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have astigmatism and can't see any edge distortion. The dot isn't quite a dot but that's my eyes not the MRO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#27]

FYI

I just ordered one from Larue.  2-5 week estimated  wait time.  I could've found it in stock and cheaper but I'm a Texan they're in Texas and I like the way they do business.  

After I squirrel up from this purchase I'm going to try out their new 30cal suppressor.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FYI

I just ordered one from Larue.  2-5 week estimated  wait time.  I could've found it in stock and cheaper but I'm a Texan they're in Texas and I like the way they do business.  

After I squirrel up from this purchase I'm going to try out their new 30cal suppressor.  
View Quote

I actually ordered sat. Was told 2-6 weeks back order. Received the tracking number 2 days later. Suppose to be here this up coming week
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I ordered from Larue told it was on back order and got it in a week. There must be a reason they tell ya back ordered. Love Larue and would rather order and wait for them than someone else.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Picked up mine finally at a LGS. A bit over priced, but the benefit of the pre-purchase hands-on is crucial imo, and I like to support my LGS's.  The glass and the dot was noticeably clear and defined, which was the first thing that crossed my mind as I looked through the tube. Its got a "19..."  in the beginning of the serial number. Their other MRO offering started with a "20..."

Mine was packaged with a cowitness mount, but I usually prefer 1/3 aka socom height (might try to find a swap).
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This might be a little misleading to someone considering one of these.  Don't see blurred edges on mine.  Might if I tested for it like a camera lens or high end binocs. The magnification is very slight and has no bearing on actual usability. You will get that 'double image' with all red dot sights if you keep both eyes open.  Close one eye and it goes away.  Red glare happens on red dot's when there is back lighting.  Same with my Aimpoint PRO.  While I think the MRO does it more, there's still no impact to function.  Don't think the quality of the dot is any different from any other scope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how my observations are misleading.   Everything I stated is true for the one sample MRO unit I have recieved.  I don't get the exaggerated "double image" with any of my other RDS sights that I own or have used such as my Meprolight, my Primary Arms T1 clone, my Aimpoint T1, my friends Aimpoint Pro or my cheap Bushnell 1-4 scope with illuminated dot when I have both eyes open which is how I shoot all my RDS sights or my Scopes on 1 power.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not sure how my observations are misleading.   Everything I stated is true for the one sample MRO unit I have recieved.  I don't get the exaggerated "double image" with any of my other RDS sights that I own or have used such as my Meprolight, my Primary Arms T1 clone, my Aimpoint T1, my friends Aimpoint Pro or my cheap Bushnell 1-4 scope with illuminated dot when I have both eyes open which is how I shoot all my RDS sights or my Scopes on 1 power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it's misleading but I do want to make sure people read it for what it is which I highlighted. It's a sample of one. There are definitely a couple dozen units affected by some of those issues but relatively speaking it's a fraction of a percentage. I've seen a lot of threads for T1s and PROs arriving DOA or that just quit working regardless of a fresh battery and nobody makes a stink. Just "contact Aimpoint they'll make it right", yet in here it's a whole different story
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#33]
H
Quoted:

I don't think it's misleading but I do want to make sure people read it for what it is which I highlighted. It's a sample of one. There are definitely a couple dozen units affected by some of those issues but relatively speaking it's a fraction of a percentage. I've seen a lot of threads for T1s and PROs arriving DOA or that just quit working regardless of a fresh battery and nobody makes a stink. Just "contact Aimpoint they'll make it right", yet in here it's a whole different story
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost like we're in the Larue forum, you can't say anything bad about the MRO.

I was sure to list that it was my one MRO that I recieved that had these issues.  I also listed where I noticed some of the issues (indoors and that some of the issues were non existent when outdoors) and how they may not be the same for other people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
H

It's almost like we're in the Larue forum, you can't say anything bad about the MRO.

I was sure to list that it was my one MRO that I recieved that had these issues.  I also listed where I noticed some of the issues (indoors and that some of the issues were non existent when outdoors) and how they may not be the same for other people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
H
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
H

View All Quotes
Quoted:
H
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a phenomenon that gets repeated over and over across multiple forums. People get emotionally invested in the optics they've chosen. Anything negative said about them is usually met poorly. Most of the time, such as in this thread, it is civil but sometimes it can lead to threads going downhill fast.

The issues mentioned above have been documented many times by many different users with many different MROs. It all boils down to how a particular individual's eyes work with the optic. I had these issues myself with it to the point where using the optic gave me a headache. I sold it locally to someone who has enjoyed it ever since. I tried another one to make sure it wasn't that particular unit and had the exact same results. The owner of that one uses it and is just fine.

I've stated in multiple threads (including this one) that this optic boils down to the user. Go buy one and try it. If it works for you, and it most likely will, then you've got a great optic for a good price. If it doesn't work for you then sell it for a small loss. I think I lost $25 with mine, which is a small price to pay to know what works for me and what doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I haven't read all 44 pages yet but would this be a good choice to put on my Vector V51 308 pistol?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I haven't read all 44 pages yet but would this be a good choice to put on my Vector V51 308 pistol?
View Quote

Get an AP PRO or the micro.  MRO - it's better than an EoTech
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch out, I've seen 2 different people with issues with their Aimpoints. The T1 wouldn't come on with a fresh battery and the Pro arrived DOA. Looks like everyone's having QC issues these days
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Watch out, I've seen 2 different people with issues with their Aimpoints. The T1 wouldn't come on with a fresh battery and the Pro arrived DOA. Looks like everyone's having QC issues these days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Complacency with the EoTech disaster? Anomaly?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely the exception not the rule. Either way they're all man-made electronics and Darwin loves that combination.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#41]
I got my second mRO with the money from selling my Micro/larue mount. Serial# is 17k, with my first one being 22k.
I have an Astigmitism and these work as well for me as anything else, I obviously preferred it over my micro, but I'm good using either or and haven't noticed the major cons that others have.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Took a chance on an MRO, didn't order a mount

Anyone have a leftover co-witness or lower third mount they'd be willing to sell cheaply if they've since upgraded mounts?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I got this one about 3 weeks ago.  Low S/N# 0011XX.

What do you all think?  This is in the shade, well, the sun is behind a cloud, and it's better when in full sun, but it's pretty freakin' blue with lots of red glare...

http://s29.postimg.org/goqq7zgaf/MRO1s.jpg
http://s10.postimg.org/uu1rsxc09/MRO2s.jpg
http://s10.postimg.org/f9yzg4r9l/MRO3s.jpg
View Quote

Whats interesting is that when i look at the dot in your first picture and focus on the background my eyes dont even pick up the blue tint or red glare.  But when I concentrate on the blue and red I do see them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Whats interesting is that when i look at the dot in your first picture and focus on the background my eyes dont even pick up the blue tint or red glare.  But when I concentrate on the blue and red I do see them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got this one about 3 weeks ago.  Low S/N# 0011XX.

What do you all think?  This is in the shade, well, the sun is behind a cloud, and it's better when in full sun, but it's pretty freakin' blue with lots of red glare...

http://s29.postimg.org/goqq7zgaf/MRO1s.jpg
http://s10.postimg.org/uu1rsxc09/MRO2s.jpg
http://s10.postimg.org/f9yzg4r9l/MRO3s.jpg

No worries. The MRO is gone. I may try again in the future - possibly if Trijicon brings out a Gen2. Enjoying some Compact ACOG in the meantime.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#46]
So I received my mro package today from LaRue. 0284** serial number. Here's the weird part for me. The mro looked very sealed up and untouched, but the battery was pre mounted already? The sticker seal on the side of the trijicon case hadn't been broken yet though so I'm not sure. I don't have any visual issues with the dot or viewing. Could trijicon be pre installing the batteries now since people were destroying the tabs?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I tried one out at the local gun shop and the slight mahnification actually made me nauseas with boh eyes open.  It bummed me out as I wanted to get one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#48]
So i just spoke with trijicon customer service about my mro. Batteries are now being installed from the factory starting on Jan 18. So any item that was built after that came preinstalled because so many people were breaking off the tabs. The objective lenses are also now having a bit more of a noticeable cant. They are set around the 8 o'clock position and more pronounced. This is an alteration that they've found after more testing to make the mro a "true 0 parallax free red dot". His words not mine. He was also really surprised I got my unit as fast as I did since it was built 15 days ago according to their system, 7 of which were shipping days to me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#49]
This could explain some of the differences people are seeing that have owned an early and a late serial...
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#50]
My 019xx had the battery installed and so did the other MRO on the shelf, 02xx. Also, both of the MROs (one of which I purchased) had the severely canted lense at around the 8 o'clock position, as a previous poster has mentioned.
Page / 30
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top