Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2015 11:15:16 AM EDT
With a etched reticle in the first focal plane and a variable intensity red dot in the second, the Weaver tactical caught me eye early on.

Here's a overview of the optic and how it handles-

Overall I really like it, I think it makes for a good choice for a DMR type of setup or 3 gun.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm really feeling the Weaver Tactical line of products. Just watched your video/review on the Weaver 1x7. I'm in the market for a DMR style scope with a shorter overall length. This might be the one. Thanks for the info on this scope.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting wonder what the weight is?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

and the price...

ETA: MSRP is $1800...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Good looking scope and i really like the dual focal plane

The $1000+ for a weaver scope is hard for me to get behind, although i guess you would compare it to a bushnell elite 1-8 around the same price and a us optics 1-8 at double the price

great review, awesome first look....i wouldnt be willing to pay the price at all without seeing some reviews on it, so this definitely helps.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully the going price is near 1400 or so, even that will be tough.

Looks like a nicely set up optic, hopefully they have stepped up and given people a reason to take a leap with their brand at that price.

I also wish they would have made the targets external.

It has enough zoom to reach out a good distance, it should also have the ability to allow the shooter to quickly dial in the drop if they choose to do so....instead of simply using a holdover.  Missed the ball huge on that one IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Hmmm.

Not bad, at that price, even without the external turrets, its way more appealing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
A shame that Aero Precision doesn't make a 34mm mount. I wouldn't mind trying this Weaver out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

and the price...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and the price...

Weight is about 22.5 ounces.  

Correct, MSRP is $1,800 and current street price is around $1,100 give or take.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A shame that Aero Precision doesn't make a 34mm mount. I wouldn't mind trying this Weaver out.
View Quote

Im holding out hope that Bobro will make a single level 34mm extended mount.  Every firearm I have now has one of his mounts except for one, had to try the scalarworks T-1 mount for a lightweight non RTZ mount.  My other 7-8 optics have his stuff, and this optic would be great in one of them!
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice review.  I also have one of the 1-7x Weaver scopes and really like it.  So much so that I just ordered up a second one for another rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]
what reticle would people recommend for this scope?   the CIRT?   for 3gun short to medium range??   There are 4 on the weaver page.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:02:32 AM EDT
[#13]
The 1-7x  only comes with one reticle.  The dot on the second focal plane and the EMDR on the first.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm getting one- excited as most of my optics right now are either red dot or massive lr scopes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Here are a couple of pics of the optic on my 12.5" gun.

Weaver 1-7x on the left:

Slight older pic:
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The 1-7x  only comes with one reticle.  The dot on the second focal plane and the EMDR on the first.
View Quote

Thanks, it appears there are 4 on the weaver page.

http://weaveroptics.com/optics/tactical/tactical_dual_focal/
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
You're right.  That appears to be an error with the site.  If multiple reticles were available, there should be multiple part numbers.  That's how Weaver's part number convention works with their other Tactical offerings.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only one option.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That confused me first too.  Seems to be an error, I could only find the one reticle in the 1-7x
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Im holding out hope that Bobro will make a single level 34mm extended mount.  Every firearm I have now has one of his mounts except for one, had to try the scalarworks T-1 mount for a lightweight non RTZ mount.  My other 7-8 optics have his stuff, and this optic would be great in one of them!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still trying to decide what QD mount I want for it.  Generally I prefer the two lever mounts but for something like this, a 1 lever might be the ticket.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to decide what QD mount I want for it.  Generally I prefer the two lever mounts but for something like this, a 1 lever might be the ticket.
View Quote

I've used the ADM Scout mount with mine and it's worked out quite well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Tagging for interest.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quick update:

I briefly shot my 12.5" gun with the Weaver 1-7x in a carbine course yesterday and found it very useable.  I only ran about 2.5 mags through the gun in various drills.  I did notice the weight difference (it's a very light gun with the Aimpoint Micro installed) but it was very manageable.  Ran some drills on paper up close and ran alternate prone positions (rollover on strong and weak sides and SBU prone) on steel at 100 yds.  All shooting was done at 1x power.  I was able to get shots on target even when unable to perfectly align to the eyebox.  We didn't get a chance to stretch the guns out to distance but I've done that before on this setup and have had no issues out to 400.

All in all, a good experience with the scope.  Really looking forward to getting my second one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Correct me if I'm wrong bet the dot is a red dot and not etched in the glass?  If I am correct this prevents people with astigmatism  from using it without getting a star effect.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong bet the dot is a red dot and not etched in the glass?  If I am correct this prevents people with astigmatism  from using it without getting a star effect.
View Quote

Correct.  The dot is not etched in the glass.  Part of the reason that is daylight bright.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I just got one. Build quality reminds me of my Trijicon 1-4, which i love. Glass is sharp. Red dot is definitely daylight bright. Covered turrets are the same as my 1-4 as well with the lift to reset feature. The spare battery compartments built into the turrets are a great feature given this isn't an aimpoint. I haven't mounted it up yet (need a mount), but I have a feeling it's going to be a favorite.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Is this the optic to beat in that price range 1195?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#28]
it seems like it. Not much out there like it in that price range.        
Quoted:

Is this the optic to beat in that price range 1195?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#29]
For you guys that own the Weaver scope:

- Is it super-easy to pop the turrets up to spin and rezero? I had a scope with this feature and you could literally pop the turrets by banging on the bottom of the scope.

- Is eye relief fairly constant across the magnification range?

- Is chromatic aberration well controlled when the diopter is set correctly so both the target and reticle are in sharp focus?

Thanks very much! Really thinking about getting one of these.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

- Is it super-easy to pop the turrets up to spin and rezero? I had a scope with this feature and you could literally pop the turrets by banging on the bottom of the scope.

- Is chromatic aberration well controlled when the diopter is set correctly so both the target and reticle are in sharp focus?

View Quote
The turrets are capped like the trijicon 1-4. If you run them without the turrets MAYBE it could be a problem, but not by banging the scope.

From what i could tell.

Not sure.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Please see my responses in red.  Also vmpglenn, I sent you a quick email.

Quoted:

As mentioned above the turrets are covered.  I've never had zero reset itself while under use.

It seems consistent to me.  I had to move up a very little amount on the stock when on max power but I don't recall it being too bad.

This one's a little difficult as I'm not sure that I've seen bad CA in an optic.  I will say that it seems to be controlled as I've never noticed any view or color distortion when looking through the optic.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#32]
What moa is the red dot?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What moa is the red dot?
View Quote

4, I believe.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top