BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Who did you order from?  I ordered one this weekend from Opticsplanet and received an email today saying wait time is 2-4 months???  Was hoping to have it before Christmas.  I will call tomorrow, but I can't wait 4 months.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered two from Midway and shipped the next day, even found a code for $15. off. Check'em out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone called AA optics? Got mine from him QUICK and cheap when they first came out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 5:28:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who did you order from?  I ordered one this weekend from Opticsplanet and received an email today saying wait time is 2-4 months???  Was hoping to have it before Christmas.  I will call tomorrow, but I can't wait 4 months.
View Quote

I went through Amazon for the scope and Vortex mount. I'm not going to be taking it off of the gun that I can tell, and if that happens I'll pony up the cash for a LaRue mount in the future but I want this build done NOW.

It should be here tomorrow per the tracking number.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I went through Amazon for the scope and Vortex mount. I'm not going to be taking it off of the gun that I can tell, and if that happens I'll pony up the cash for a LaRue mount in the future but I want this build done NOW.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was a little underwhelmed by the mount honestly. It appears to be identical to the $50 one PA sells, straight down to the made in China sticker.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Worst comes to worst, I'll buy a used LaRue mount on here and send the Vortex back, I'm just broke as a joke right now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a notification today that 3 Rivers got some in.   Picked one up from them last month showed up in 2 days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got mine today. Thanks Amazon prime. . Looks like it's going to be nice. Now to get to the range.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm easily getting hits on 19x19 steel at 300 and 400 yards with a stock Stag 3T, 193 ammo, and my Strike Eagle.  It's a little big and bulky but they apparently did their homework on the reticle drops.  Almost too easy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally FO'd. I knew I'd use those $30 of SPG gift cards from November before they expired friday.

Enrolled myself as a new customer to use the 20% off, which more than offset the (rape) shipping cost of $20. Yes to free trial of buyers club.

$258 to my door...basically a free mount

ETA: EBates just knocked off another $10. Getting a good deal is fun.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw these in stock on optics planet earlier today. Ordered the scope and the vortex 2" offset mount.   About two hours later got the email saying they were back ordered 2-4 months.  Promptly cancelled the order.  10% discount not worth the wait that might actually be 6 months or more.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]
OK so what kind of bait and switch stock trickery is optics planet doing?   They're showing the Strike Eagle as in stock again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I found one today at GOT AMMO in Goodyear, AZ.  $329 out the door.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#14]
SG $263.99 Shipped

Members use code SK1009
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SG $263.99 Shipped

Members use code SK1009
View Quote

How'd you use that code and the free shipping code? It's only letting me use one or the other
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#16]
i literally went in to bass pro shop a week ago to get a picture with the kids and Santa.....went to look, they had "11 strike eagles" per the sales guy.  so i got one.  easy peasy LOL  you guys should try locally instead of onlining it........
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i literally went in to bass pro shop a week ago to get a picture with the kids and Santa.....went to look, they had "11 strike eagles" per the sales guy.  so i got one.  easy peasy LOL  you guys should try locally instead of onlining it........
View Quote

All my Locals have them for $329.... No Big Deal... But Id rather pay alot less if I can.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

All my Locals have them for $329.... No Big Deal... But Id rather pay alot less if I can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I'm already regretting I didn't pull the trigger on that sportsmans guide deal. It was like $280 without free shipping
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#19]
oh i totally agree.  the only reason i got one was because i had gift card via my redeemed fedex points.  with tax i paid around $48.00 for my strike eagle.  it was an xmas gift to myself LOL.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got mine, it's nice but honestly I prefer the reticle on my Primary Arms 1-6 so I'll be selling my Strike Eagle. Nice scope, good glass, reticle just isn't as good as the primary arms.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Couldn't pass up 12% off so I ordered today. Picked up a cat tail as well which was basically free. Alao ordered a Larue LT104. That will complete my 300BLK SBR with the exception of the can. Still waiting on a F1 approval for that though.
View Quote

Was it really in stock? I'm seriously considering FOing...
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Ordered. Thanks for the coupon, Jesse.

Bought an Aero Precision SPR mount off of eBay. Surprisingly, they had the best prices on them anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Couldn't pass up 12% off so I ordered today. Picked up a cat tail as well which was basically free. Alao ordered a Larue LT104. That will complete my 300BLK SBR with the exception of the can. Still waiting on a F1 approval for that though.
View Quote

I think you'll need the LT139 Extended mount.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#31]
the lt104 will probably be fine.. I use this without any issues.. http://www.gggaz.com/flt-scope-mount.html
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got my Strike Eagle delivered from USPS a few hours ago. Late Christmas present from the wife. She ordered the last one that Kenzie's Optics had from Amazon. Love the glass and the illuminated reticle. Now it is time to decide on the mount. I am thinking a 2 inch offset should do fine with the eye relief. Seems like a solid scope. Hopefully I can get some range time next weekend after I select a mount....the wait is going to KILL me....
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#33]
After reading/seeing all the positive reviews on the Strike Eagle I went ahead and ordered one from SG for a good price .  I've owned/used scopes on other rifles (bolt action/AR-10), but never for a AR-15 platform, so I'm kinda excited to try it out. Here lately I've been focused on getting my long range rifle and SBR's set up.  I've never thought about putting a magnifying optic on one of my standard rifles, but I've decided that I want to give my midrange rifles some love.  It's probably going to go on my 16" Troy/YHM build or my 16" DD/Aero build.  I haven't really decided yet, but regardless I'm sure I'm going to really enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#34]
*****EDIT*****
Chatted with an OpticsPlanet representative online and he said I should be good to go, that the scope was in stock when I ordered so I should be getting mine on time.
*****END*****

I ordered mine yesterday from opticsplanet and it showed 8 left in stock.  Logged in later just browsing and saw there were 2 left.  Today showing a 2-5 month back order...
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mine shipped today.  Should have it Friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered mine yesterday from opticsplanet and it showed 8 left in stock.  Logged in later just browsing and saw there were 2 left.  Today showing a 2-5 month back order, but from the comments on opticsplanet, seems like they may have been backordered all along?

That's reassuring. I received tracking but not yet shipped. Guess it was a good time to order.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's reassuring. I received tracking but not yet shipped. Guess it was a good time to order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered mine yesterday from opticsplanet and it showed 8 left in stock.  Logged in later just browsing and saw there were 2 left.  Today showing a 2-5 month back order, but from the comments on opticsplanet, seems like they may have been backordered all along?

Yup, just got an email showing tracking, not shipped yet but at least its going through.  No issues ordering a couple times from Optics Planet for myself.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Are you guys that are already running them satisfied with the glass?  I looked through one at gander mountain this morning and really liked the clarity and the fact that it is true 1x but it seems there was some unusual distortion in the one I looked through.  Could also be my eyes deceiving me with the awkward plastic stocks they have them mounted to on their display.  Regardless, I think I've found my eotechs replacement.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are you guys that are already running them satisfied with the glass?  I looked through one at gander mountain this morning and really liked the clarity and the fact that it is true 1x but it seems there was some unusual distortion in the one I looked through.  Could also be my eyes deceiving me with the awkward plastic stocks they have them mounted to on their display.  Regardless, I think I've found my eotechs replacement.
View Quote

Did you adjust the parallax?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:15:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do not have a parallax adjustment but do have a diopter adjustment. If he didn't adjust it that could explain why it seemed distorted to him?

I have one and the clarity after dialing in to my eyes is outstanding for this price.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

You talking about peripheral distortion on 1x?  If so I noticed it too.  Not a parallax issue, just common on lower end 1x? scopes

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Got one last week at Gander locally.

I compared it to the Bushnell 1-4x24 that runs $199 retail since I have one from when PSA was selling them dirt cheap.

The glass is considerably better on the Strike Eagle to my eyes.  I have mounted it but not shot with it yet.  But so far, I'm liking the quality/price ratio.  I like the reticle a lot.

The only thing I've noticed that seemed to indicate it was a price point scope is the machining quality on the turret cap threads and the finish right around that area.  Compared to my Viper PST you can tell the Viper is a little bit better fit and finish.

So far it appears to be a quality optic at a great price.  Having simple capped turrets I'm sure kept the price down and are not really needed on a scope with a ranging type reticle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#44]
" />
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally got mine today! I'm really happy with the glass and reticle.  Now I'm just waiting for the mount to come in the mail, damn it!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
My scope and a Larue mount are being held hostage by my wife at her office.  I don't get them until she gets home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Finally got mine today! I'm really happy with the glass and reticle.  Now I'm just waiting for the mount to come in the mail, damn it!!!

My scope and a Larue mount are being held hostage by my wife at her office.  I don't get them until she gets home.
Think I'd be visiting the wife's office today, haha!  At least you have something to look forward to tonight.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#48]
My mount's been sitting lonley on my upper. Optic comes tomorrow. Still waiting on my stock, grip and trigger...
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Question for you guys with the Strike eagle.... went to the range yesterday for a short "sighting" in of my new scope and irons. I mounted the SE on a Burris PEPR mount, pretty much flush with the back of the upper.

At ~35 yards it was getting about a 1.25" group 1" high on the dime-sized bullseye. I figured I could lower it but I would take it out to 100 yards and fine tune from there. Well, I couldn't even put it on the target at 100 yards. I ended up running out of light (and tired of trekking 100 yards through the snow) so I gave up moderately PO'd that I was so off.

Now I suck at math, but by my calculations, it shouldn't be off by more than 4-5", on the high side, so it should still be on the target. (10" hi-vis)

Is my math just that off?

Never had this much of an issue with zeroing in a rifle.... hell, I could put my 22lr on the plate at that distance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

My mount's been sitting lonley on my upper. Optic comes tomorrow. Still waiting on my stock, grip and trigger...
View Quote
Ok, you win! that just sucks all together, haha!

Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top