Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 5:28:11 PM EDT
I have basically narrowed it down to these two optics. An aimpoint is out of the question for me and I am not nuts about the eotecs. I like the warranty with the vortex and the overall quality. I will be using this for 3 gun tac-limited. There really isn't a bad review out there about either of these products, I just wanted to hear what everyone had to say. thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I owned a Strikefire and it was a decent low cost optic.  I think both will hold up alright but I would personally get the sparc just because it has a supposed 2moa dot vs the strikefire's supposed 4moa dot.  Not sure if you are planning on getting a magnifier but I was using a rifle a few weeks ago that was equipped with the strikefire 2 and the vortex 3x and it looked like complete shit... absolutely miserable.  On the green setting (didn't even look at the red) it looked like an enormous, translucent, green beach ball floating around except it wasn't quite that round.  It was hard for me to identify as the reticle at first it was so bad.  Unmagnified, i don't have a problem with the Vortex RDs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The Strikefire II uses a CR2 battery with 7000 hours battery life on full brightness.  The CR2 batteries are more expensive and harder to find than the CR2032 battery used in the SPARC II (CR2032 5000 hours on full intensity).   You get a larger tube with the Strikefire but more bulk, think Aimpoint M68/ML2 versus T-2.  I prefer the 2 MOA dot of the SPARC  to the 4 MOA dot on the Strikefire.

The Strikefire is a little cheaper but the SPARC uses a mounting system where you can choose different mounting heights.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy with my sparc and 3x.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Had both, personally prefer the Strikefire II.
Liked the Sparc OK by itself, but with the 3X the dot looked more like a comma.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Just mailed my strikefire II for warranty work. Didn't want to hold a zero. A bit bulky but ok red dot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the strikefire I on my 15-22, it's been good....but I like the Eotech on my AR a lot more. The 65 moa ring around the 1 moa dot design makes it a lot easier for me to shoot at various ranges. But the vortex is great for what it is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I got the older Strikefire red dots all from PSA.

Getting the batteries.  Walmart has them in stock in the photo/electronic section. I think I paid for 2 for $7.

I had one that all of sudden could not switch from green to red.  No problems with the company.  Very good CS.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I wont comment on the optic, as I have only owned a couple of Sparc's.

But I will comment on their warranty. It's beyond phenomenal.

I had a crossfire 2-7x rimfire scope I wanted to put on to an AR. So I asked them what the differences between the rimfire and non rimfire versions. Their answer was the parallax setting - on the rimfire it was set to 50 yards. I asked them about resetting it and they told me to send it in. I was local to them at the time, so I just went to their showroom. I told them who I was and what I was there for. They looked at the scope and said they'd be back in 5 minutes. They came back and handed me a brand new non rimfire scope and told me to have a nice day.

I've owned nothing but Vortex optics since.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top