Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 12:45:41 PM EDT
I was speaking with aimpoint warranty about another product and asked the question about why helicoils in the threaded mount area of the T2?

The response from aimpoint was NOT to use any thread locker as you will back out the helicoils if removed AND that the helicoils act as a self locker with the mount screws eliminating the need for thead locker. He said they are in the process of modifying the manual to reflect no use of thread locker.

Anyone else ask this or get a response as such???
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have personal knowledge on this matter, but that makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was speaking with aimpoint warranty about another product and asked the question about why helicoils in the threaded mount area of the T2?

The response from aimpoint was NOT to use any thread locker as you will back out the helicoils if removed AND that the helicoils act as a self locker with the mount screws eliminating the need for thead locker. He said they are in the process of modifying the manual to reflect no use of thread locker.

Anyone else ask this or get a response as such???
View Quote

It's no BS.  Aimpoint told you right.  Do not use Loctite with the helicoils.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
dang, wish i would have seen this before i installed mine. good news is its on a lt660 soo ill probably never need to change mounts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
No I figured that it was legit, more was posting for others to see. I am glad I brought up the conversation when speaking with him, I was literally planning on mounting it that night. I doubt I will ever have to remove it but it would be nice to be able to if necessary or want to change a configuration.

John
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I still used a small amount of thread-locker, and will continue to do so. I am not saying I'm correct. However, I am saying that my optic will not have an issue in the field.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top