Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:12:45 PM EDT
Has anyone got there hands on one of these yet?

I have been looking for reviews, but can only find stuff from back in 2012ish with the old fire dot reticle. I am really liking the reticle in this scope and the CDS turrets.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Potentially much better reticle, no hands on.  I bet they are still trying to shoehorn an optic onto the 3gun crowd.  I doubt the illumination intensity is sufficient for full sun just like the other non-firedot VX6's.  Not 3gun related but................I flippin loathe the push battery/button arrangement.  I'll take a well designed dial over a button every time.

TTC

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Came in here to post this!

I'm quite intrigued by this scope, and will likely come down to this, the Vortex Razor, or the Burris XTR2 for my mini-RECCE build.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
This could be a great scope.  With its much lighter weight, it could be a direct competitor to the Vortex Razor 1-6x and a worthy upgrade from the Burris XTRII 1-5x. I'm hopeful, considering what I've seen from their Mk6 line and the illumination from their FireDot line.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This could be a great scope.  With its much lighter weight, it could be a direct competitor to the Vortex Razor 1-6x and a worthy upgrade from the Burris XTRII 1-5x. I'm hopeful, considering what I've seen from their Mk6 line and the illumination from their FireDot line.
View Quote

The CMR2 is not a Fire-dot, the previous model was a Fire-dot with an SPR reticle.  

TTC
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The CMR2 is not a Fire-dot, the previous model was a Fire-dot with an SPR reticle.  

TTC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TTC

Is the illumination on par with the Mk6?  If yes, that's plenty bright.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TTC

Quoted:
Potentially much better reticle, no hands on.  I bet they are still trying to shoehorn an optic onto the 3gun crowd.  I doubt the illumination intensity is sufficient for full sun just like the other non-firedot VX6's.  Not 3gun related but................I flippin loathe the push battery/button arrangement.  I'll take a well designed dial over a button every time.

TTC

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

I like everything about the Razor except for the reticle. I thought about the Burris, but would rather spend a little more to get the 6X.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

TTC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TTC

What's your source?  Here's what Leupold told me when I e-mailed them directly:

The Multigun CMR-2 does use firedot technology so only the dot will be illuminated. We expect these scopes to be in distribution March 1st.

Here's what I asked them:

"      Hello, I'm interested in the Leupold VX-6 Multigun 1-6 scope with the
CMR-2 reticle.  I've handled the one with the Firedot SPR reticle that
was was an option through SWFA/Leupold Custom Shop.  My question is in
regards to the illumination on the CMR-2 version that is to be
released.  Will the illumination be Firedot bright?  Just the Center
Dot or the whole Horseshoe?  Or, will it be like on the Mark 4 MR/T
1.5-5?  Also, is there an ETA for release of this scope with the
CMR-2?"
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad its over 1200 bucks

The last multigun was under a grand.

Hard to justify spending 1200 bucks on a scope with plastic turrets.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Multigun CMR-2 does use firedot technology so only the dot will be illuminated. We expect these scopes to be in distribution March 1st.

CMR-2?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TTC

CMR-2?"

IIRC it was the info or lack of on the Leupold site that led me to that conclusion.  Not sure how they are going to route an optic cable to a floating reticle, the image shows a  dark center dot, there is no mention of firedot, there is mention of 3rd gen illumination but that does not mean firedot.  I hope it does have a firedot and a bright one.  Not sure what to think about the 7.5moa semicircle.  The 'circle' in my PST is 22moa and I wish it was bigger and a little heavier.  

I'll be amazed if it can stand toe to toe with a HD II.  If it is not daylight bright it doesn't stand a chance.

TTC
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
After continuing to be curious about this scope I called Leupold since they're supposed to be shipping now and literally just got off the phone with them.  The CMR2 version of the VX-6 1-6 Multigun does NOT use Firedot illumination.  It is a glass reticle and has illumination "similar to the Mark 4 and Mark 6."  Also, per the rep putting me on hold and checking with one of Leupold's reticle engineers, both the horseshoe and the center dot are illuminated.

I'm not sure what to think/feel about it at this point.  I've already told my LGS to order one for me.  I haven't given them any money.  They're not sure when it will ship.  Part of me says wait it out and see.  Hope you can flip it without taking too much of a hit if it doesn't work out.  The other part of me says tell them to cancel it and buy something else.  Anybody seen one yet?  Is the new Mark 4 illumination really as bright as the Mark 6?  I assume this will also carry the Mark 6's flickering issues with eye alignment too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#13]
For 1300 bucks I would get a mark 6 if that is the case. Or go vortex.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
After continuing to be curious about this scope I called Leupold since they're supposed to be shipping now and literally just got off the phone with them.  The CMR2 version of the VX-6 1-6 Multigun does NOT use Firedot illumination.  It is a glass reticle and has illumination "similar to the Mark 4 and Mark 6."  Also, per the rep putting me on hold and checking with one of Leupold's reticle engineers, both the horseshoe and the center dot are illuminated.

I'm not sure what to think/feel about it at this point.  I've already told my LGS to order one for me.  I haven't given them any money.  They're not sure when it will ship.  Part of me says wait it out and see.  Hope you can flip it without taking too much of a hit if it doesn't work out.  The other part of me says tell them to cancel it and buy something else.  Anybody seen one yet?  Is the new Mark 4 illumination really as bright as the Mark 6?  I assume this will also carry the Mark 6's flickering issues with eye alignment too.
View Quote

Thanks for checking it out and sharing.  The Mark 4 illum was not daylight, the Mark 6 is brighter but too sensitive/flaky to eyebox.  Sounds like Leupold shot themselves in the foot trying to save pennies on a $1200 optic.  All I needed to hear, HD II on order.

Thanks.

TTC
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top