Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 1:51:49 AM EDT
Any reviews? I like the 518 with the new IR/ laser cover. Worth it or junk...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea as to the laser equipped battery covers.

As to the 518 though, I say meh.  Sure it offers an EXPS series lower 1/3 base and side mounted buttons, which admittedly helps when using a magnifier.

You give up what I think is the best advancement with the XPS/EXPS line though, that being the battery layout not being inline with the bore.  I think it's been well documented that a lot of the issues people were seeing with older Eotechs was because of recoil induced failures.  The XPS/EXPS seems to have fixed that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Now if one system fails due to power loss, both systems fail.

I prefer to keep my aiming/sighting devices on separate power supply's.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The new NV one looks pretty good. I still think the 553 is the best EOTech ever made to this day though, I just got done comparing all of the specs and I don't see any reason to pick it over my 553 except the fact it takes AA's, which is a good bonus. I did think my EXPS was awesome but I actually prefer the older rear interface. The next time SOCOM teams up with L3 is when we will see an EOTech that will beat the 553.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Did that rumored 5x magnifier ever appear?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I need an eotech based Micro to appear to be in love.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top