Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 11:42:07 AM EDT
So I am starting to look at/want a rifle scope for my M&P15T.  None of my friends have had any experience with the Nikon P223 line, so I thought I would fish for some opinions on here.  I want a magnified scope, but I'm not planning on reaching out beyond 300yds or so.

What, if any experiences have you guys had with the Nikon?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a P223 fixed 3 power on a walkaround hunting AR 15 that I really like. It has a series small circles on the lower half of the vertical reticle (BDC) that are supposed to be calibrated to the 55gr Ball load. I would say it is pretty close out to 300 yds. Certainly close enough for most shooter/rifle combos. I like the glass, nice and crisp, no edge blur on my lens grid. For the money they are vary good scopes. I would assume the same applies to the 3-9x as well. My preference is for smaller and lighter so I tend to use more fixed power scopes on my rifles. All the Nikon glass I have used over the last 10 years have been well made and plenty  durable for normal hunting/shooting duty.

Imho, either the fixed, or the variable model should be an excellent choice for what you want to use it for.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just put one on and for the money it seems to be a good scope. For 300 yds. it'd be perfect.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one for awhile - decided to go the red dot route but it's a great scope - very accurate, clear glass, etc.  
the guy who bought it from me is winning shooting contests with his buddies out to 250 yds
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and love it. Buy with confidence. 9x won't be enough to punch super small holes in paper but it will definitely reach 300.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one and it worked great, held it's zero and the glass was pretty good to boot.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top