BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll buy one if they stop using that horrible font.

It's so horrible, I probably wouldn't buy Trijicon or KAC stuff if they used it. Bleh.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
It really is like one step better than comic sans.  
That said, I hear it comes off REALLY easily with a solvent.  ;o)

Electrical tape could also solve the font issue--but I agree that a simpler, better logo would work.  And I know a lot of nice guys who think the same thing.  

Marshall should host a competition for a new logo, and the winner gets a free Micro-clone.  ;o)  
--
note:  I won't even buy an H1 since I HATE the white lettering (it looks too 1980s to me)...I actually pay like $80 more for black-on-black subdued lettering (which I prefer)--since it's obviously not the night-vision (which I don't need) or the fact that it's more submersible (which I don't need).  

PA needs to do dark gray or black lettering and a cool font.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of the lettering on the side of the PA MD-ADS, has anyone removed it without hurting the optic. Been considering a Tango Down cover.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll buy one if they stop using that horrible font.

It's so horrible, I probably wouldn't buy Trijicon or KAC stuff if they used it. Bleh.
View Quote

Buy the Holosun version instead, they're who makes them for PA. I agree on the awful font and that's one of the reasons I bought the Holosun sight (which is damn fantastic BTW). I love PA but I loathe the font.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Had my PA advanced red dot go out on me after about 40 rounds of .223 at the range. Called PA and they fixed the issue right there for me without any questions asked. They even 2 day shipped it for me due to a 2-gun match I have this weekend. Im really hoping that this doesnt happen again and I just got a bad copy. Cant say enough about PA customer service, A+
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
DOES anyone know how the MD-ADS looks through a 3X magnifier?  Does it look like the T1 with a comma, or does it look more like a perfect dot?

NOTE:
Yeah, PAs  reputation is stellar.  
I wanted the auto-on feature of the Holosun, but PAs customer service is so good, I got their version instead.
Currently, I'm trying to justify NOT getting a T2 to magnify by seeing how the PA sight looks through the Samson 3.5X.

I like the new Holosun sights coming down the line with the circle dot, BUT I'd think it would cut down on battery life.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be picking one up one for a sbr soon.

FYI: I've had very good results removing logos with acetone and a q-tip
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Speaking of the lettering on the side of the PA MD-ADS, has anyone removed it without hurting the optic. Been considering a Tango Down cover.
View Quote

I keep rubbing the white font with a sharpie until it's eventually stained a dark grey. I've been doing this for years on my LaRue mounts as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Heh, yeah I'm all about the "Sharpie, logo-tactical-subduing type, 1 ea."  First thing I did to my H1 was Sharpie the white logo.  Gonna put an MD-ADS with the Fortis mount on the lightweight build I'm working on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Received my MD-ADS and Scalerworks mount today. I'm very impressed with the MD-ADS and their customer service is hands down the best I've ever received from ANY company. With a sight like this for $169 and stellar customer service they got themselves a customer for life.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DOES anyone know how the MD-ADS looks through a 3X magnifier?  Does it look like the T1 with a comma, or does it look more like a perfect dot?

NOTE:
Yeah, PAs  reputation is stellar.  
I wanted the auto-on feature of the Holosun, but PAs customer service is so good, I got their version instead.
Currently, I'm trying to justify NOT getting a T2 to magnify by seeing how the PA sight looks through the Samson 3.5X.

I like the new Holosun sights coming down the line with the circle dot, BUT I'd think it would cut down on battery life.
View Quote

It works pretty well...I have a PA 3x and it seems to work far better with the dot vs an EOTech. I absolutely despised that 3x with the EOTech reticle...damn thing is blown up to the size of a dinner plate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Received my MD-ADS and Scalerworks mount today. I'm very impressed with the MD-ADS and their customer service is hands down the best I've ever received from ANY company. With a sight like this for $169 and stellar customer service they got themselves a customer for life.
View Quote

Mine is out for delivery as I type this.. can't wait to shoot this weekend
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure you'll love it!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I love this little red dot!!  It is awesome, I too wish they would ditch the ugly ass font. I use a precisely cut piece of thick black electrical tape on my PA scopes to hide the ugly ass font lol. I didn't bother on the red dot.  Ugly ass font be damned, you can't beat this red for for the money.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
What mod exactly needs to be done on the IO cover to fit...?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#16]
How does it compare to the T1? I recently purchased one and have not tested it out yet. Waiting on my Form 1 to get approved first. I dont want to buy the pistol kit just to test it out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Can anyone tell me what the best (easiest on the wallet) setup would be with an A2? I like the looks of the Fortis F1 but if the absolute or lower 1/3 cowtiness will work i'll just roll with either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm sure you'll love it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure you'll love it!

" />
Got It !!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#19]
PA MD-ADS

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#20]

That is a sweet setup!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Aluminum Black works on the lettering.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That stuff that Birchwood Casey makes?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Yep. Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black. Not the paint pen thing. The chemical that actually blackens aluminum.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://jdlawhon.com/arpics/sbr06.jpg
View Quote

Did you etch the white lettering or go directly over it ?

-Bryan
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

-Bryan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Bryan

I just rubbed the aluminum black straight on with no other prep and it came out fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just rubbed the aluminum black straight on with no other prep and it came out fantastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Bryan

Good to know, I've got bottle of the stuff sitting in the shop.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

what sling is that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had mine for a few months and will agree that you cannot say enough good things about it. With all the positive feedback given, it was hard to justify an Aimpoint. I couldn't be happier with the Primary Arms! I will agree that the lettering on the side is obnoxious. My solution was a carefully cut piece of gaffers tape. Blended in surprisingly well.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#29]
double post
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

what sling is that?
View Quote

Vickers VCAS from Blue Force Gear.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I ended up ordering this red dot but had to send it back only 5 of the 12 settings worked. They did send me a return RMA stamp fast. Once they got there hands on it I just had them keep it and I went ahead and ordered the 1-6x ACSS scope instead. It should be here in a few days the only thing I'm worried about is I have a fixed F marked front sight and I don't know if it will be in the way on certain magnifications. It looked to be well made and the battery life was also very impressive if it holds true.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I ended up ordering this red dot but had to send it back only 5 of the 12 settings worked. They did send me a return RMA stamp fast. Once they got there hands on it I just had them keep it and I went ahead and ordered the 1-6x ACSS scope instead. It should be here in a few days the only thing I'm worried about is I have a fixed F marked front sight and I don't know if it will be in the way on certain magnifications. It looked to be well made and the battery life was also very impressive if it holds true.
View Quote

You might barely see the front sight on 1X. On anything above 1 I do not see my front sight.

Good luck, it is a nice scope for the money.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered the mds-ads with the pa lower 1/3 riser. Cant wait to check it out when it gets here. Its my first rds thanks to all the reviews on this site, i know its the right option for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I am leaning towards the Holosun 403a because it is the same price and comes with the lower 1/3 mount included. Is Holosun's customer service just as good as PA, and would the Holosun be compatible with the Fortis F1 mount should I choose to get one?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you mean they didn't work? Are you sure you weren't just seeing the night-vision settings?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am leaning towards the Holosun 403a because it is the same price and comes with the lower 1/3 mount included. Is Holosun's customer service just as good as PA?, and would the Holosun be compatible with the Fortis F1 mount should I choose to get one?
View Quote

I've dealt with lots of companies and dealers over the years including PA....I have not dealt with Holosun.

You would be hard pressed to find folks to do business with that were more honest and strait forward then the folks at PA...
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've dealt with lots of companies and dealers over the years including PA....I have not dealt with Holosun.

You would be hard pressed to find folks to do business with that were more honest and strait forward then the folks at PA...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am leaning towards the Holosun 403a because it is the same price and comes with the lower 1/3 mount included. Is Holosun's customer service just as good as PA?, and would the Holosun be compatible with the Fortis F1 mount should I choose to get one?

Yep. It's rare to find ANYONE with customer service as good as PA. They are always prompt, polite, and honest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep. It's rare to find ANYONE with customer service as good as PA. They are always prompt, polite, and honest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another to reflect this as well...very good company to do business with.

Truth be told...I've purchased a few items from them that were slightly more than other's offerings just because their customer service is so great to deal with. The extra few bucks was worth the insurance in my mind...
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am leaning towards the Holosun 403a because it is the same price and comes with the lower 1/3 mount included. Is Holosun's customer service just as good as PA, and would the Holosun be compatible with the Fortis F1 mount should I choose to get one?
View Quote

The original Holosun (403a) only works with the included mounts, not T1 compatible. I love mine and it wasn't a deal breaker for me, I can see how it would be for others though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The original Holosun (403a) only works with the included mounts, not T1 compatible. I love mine and it wasn't a deal breaker for me, I can see how it would be for others though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an HS403GL sitting in a Larue Moun LT660. Great sight.

And Holosun has been really good with answering questions and super fast with shipping.

I like the my Holosun sight a lot more than the Eotech it replaced.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the input. Still not absolutely sure which one i  should buy, but for some reason i keep gravitating towards the 403a. If i need absolute i could always go with this for a measly $13. I like the auto on and off, and the Holosun just looks clearer and more defined from the youtube videos i have watched. Battery placement underneath also gives it a cleaner look. It's all the talk about how great PA is to deal with that has me second guessing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#43]
@Marsh1,

I had the cross bolt on the MD-ADS snap on me while shooting last wk. made a call to you guys and explained the issue. part was replaced and mounted it up tonight. just wanna say awesome CS, super fast shipping and took care of the problem without delay. can't ask for any better help than what you and your guys did. got some patches and slaps too, which are appreciated. Thanks so much.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Truth be told...I've purchased a few items from them that were slightly more than other's offerings just because their customer service is so great to deal with. The extra few bucks was worth the insurance in my mind...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+10

PA has the best business model in the world,-customer service- first.

Because of this thread I just ordered a ADS
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Remember we are also a factory direct stocking Holosun dealer.  

If you want a clean look I don't think a UTG  riser under the 403A will give you that. You can get either height matching riser with the 403G or Primary Arms MDADS for $19 in the drop down menu

https://www.primaryarms.com/HoloSun_Optics_s/5922.htm

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the input. Still not absolutely sure which one i  should buy, but for some reason i keep gravitating towards the 403a. If i need absolute i could always go with this for a measly $13. I like the auto on and off, and the Holosun just looks clearer and more defined from the youtube videos i have watched. Battery placement underneath also gives it a cleaner look. It's all the talk about how great PA is to deal with that has me second guessing.

Remember we are also a factory direct stocking Holosun dealer.  

If you want a clean look I don't think a UTG  riser under the 403A will give you that. You can get either height matching riser with the 403G or Primary Arms MDADS for $19 in the drop down menu

https://www.primaryarms.com/HoloSun_Optics_s/5922.htm

You got me! Just placed an order for the MD-ADS, as well as a few other goodies.

And showing shipped 20 minutes later. Primary Arms representin'!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Just Ordered on for my Spikes Carbine, We will see how it compares to the T1 on my 300blk.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#47]
thanks for this thread guys!!!  one question though, i too am looking at this little red dot....i was looking at pairing it with that absolute zero quick detach mount they offer with it............

i was thinking of pairing that setup with the burris AR Tripler on THIS LARUE MOUNT...  how well do you all this this whole setup will line up?

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
thanks for this thread guys!!!  one question though, i too am looking at this little red dot....i was looking at pairing it with that absolute zero quick detach mount they offer with it............

i was thinking of pairing that setup with the burris AR Tripler on THIS LARUE MOUNT...  how well do you all this this whole setup will line up?

View Quote

You mean the ADM mount PA offers?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes that mount for the optic itself..then the burris ar tripler with the mentioned Larue mount.. im just wanting to make sure i have a good lineup and not one higher than the other......
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I got one back in January and finally was able to get it out to zero a few days ago. First let me say the quality of this thing is way more than what you pay for. The dot is very crisp, I like it better than the dot on an Eotech. However, I ran in to some issues trying to zero. I was zeroing at 25 yards and my first group was about 2 inches high and 8 inches left. It took forever to move point of impact far enough right. It seemed like it wouldn't move at all, and then make a big jump. The last jump took it about 2 inches right of point of aim. That was as far as it went, wouldn't move left at all no matter how many clicks I went. I need to contact PA, but thought I'd post up here first to see if anybody else experienced this.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top