Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 12:51:12 PM EDT

Update..... Ive been looking. There's too damn much out there... But I have moved my budget up and Im looking at the Nikon  Prostaff 5 series.  Question for yall. Do I want the angle type or the straight type .Comes in both.  Also I got to choose between the 16x48x60   or the 20 x 60 x 82   There's  an $80 differance between the two... It comes with case and tripod and soft sleeve cover . If the discount is good and holds up I can get them at  $449    for the 16x48x60   and   $529 for the 20x60x82    . This is with case/ tripod deal. Thanks for yall help, Wardawg
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nikon scopes are good, especially with the ED glass. (or whatever they are calling it this year)

With optics, you can have either cheap, or good, but not both, so be advised.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
For up to 200 yds most decent scopes up to 16x can distinguish bullet holes.

300 and beyond a dedicated spotter has its advantages.

I tried various cheap scopes with dismal results.

Finally purchased a Konus 20-60x80. Not terribly expensive but extremely effective.

No problem telling the difference between flies and bullet holes at 300 yards.

On white targets can see .223 holes at 500. Worth the money and not outrageously expensive.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I LOVE my Konus 20-60x80.  22 cal hits are visible on plain paper at least 230 yards away, that's as far as I've tested for hit visibility so far.  I wound up paying $187 shipped from Optics Planet a few months ago after a 10% coupon.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just gotThis  seems good so far just got it today haven't been to the range yet but for 45 bucks seems hard to beat
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]

I did find the Nikon with the ED glass. Damn !!!!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $3100 and $5100   if I was looking at what you was talking about..... But I think the prostaff 5 series is going to be the ticket...... WD

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nikon scopes are good, especially with the ED glass. (or whatever they are calling it this year)

With optics, you can have either cheap, or good, but not both, so be advised.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Celestron Ultima 15-60x 80mm. Very nice for the price but make sure you get a nice tripod.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top