Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 3:22:41 PM EDT
Hello,

I just received the Aimpoint T-1 Micro (2 MOA) from SWFA today. I ordered the "No mount" version and it comes in a plastic Ziploc bag instead of a manufacture box, which I'm not happy and would have suspected that I've gotten a knock-off if it wasn't coming from SWFA.  
When I check the brightness, it's not very well visible in daylight (outside) unless I turn it to level 10. I saw a lot of people commented that they usually have it on at level 7-8 and they're good enough. What are you brightness setting on your T-1 micro? Is mine abnormal or require a battery replacement (although new purchase)?

One thing that really bothers me is that I see the rectangular shadows in certain light condition. I tried to avoided the Trijicon SRX for this reason, and now I'm getting it on the T-1. Has any of you had this issue with the red dot? I'm really frustrated now and wonder if I should exchange it or just return it for a full refund and buy something else.

Please give me some inputs & advice.

Thanks

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc75/tranathi/Aimpointt-1shadow.jpg
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about your brightness issues, but the 2MOA dot will need to be on a higher setting than a 4MOA dot to appear as bright.

Also, the plastic bag packaging is just OEM packaging for optics that don't come with a mount. I got a T1 not long ago that was packaged the same way. It's legit, don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I run mine on 10 in bright light and 9 in night time, and dont have in reflections like your photo.

The only reflection is the ring around the tube which is normal on 10-12 so I would try a new battery and if that does not work then contact Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the Diode alien!! No really it's the diode reflection

I own 3 micros and all of mine can be seen at certain angles and certain lighting conditions

EDIT: Also the "alien" (diode) is normally only seen with florescent lighting for me ... 99% of the time it's not seen

If you google aimpoint diode you will find other people that have noticed this

An aimpoint rep told one individual it was due to the short length of the micros tube
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hello,

I just received the Aimpoint T-1 Micro (2 MOA) from SWFA today. I ordered the "No mount" version and it comes in a plastic Ziploc bag instead of a manufacture box, which I'm not happy and would have suspected that I've gotten a knock-off if it wasn't coming from SWFA.  
When I check the brightness, it's not very well visible in daylight (outside) unless I turn it to level 10. I saw a lot of people commented that they usually have it on at level 7-8 and they're good enough. What are you brightness setting on your T-1 micro? Is mine abnormal or require a battery replacement (although new purchase)?

One thing that really bothers me is that I see the rectangular shadows in certain light condition. I tried to avoided the Trijicon SRX for this reason, and now I'm getting it on the T-1. Has any of you had this issue with the red dot? I'm really frustrated now and wonder if I should exchange it or just return it for a full refund and buy something else.

Please give me some inputs & advice.

Thanks

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc75/tranathi/Aimpointt-1shadow.jpg
View Quote

All three of mine do that at certain lighting angles.

Normal.

I go from 7-night to 10- Texas daylight
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Basically you'll see it anytime the optic is lit brightly from the head-on upper left.  This illuminates the circuitry surrounding the diode which is mounted in the rear lower right of the tube.  I don't get why they can't mask that stuff with a matte black coating, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for your comments & suggestions. I have contacted SWFA and they said that the "no mount" version is part of a "bulk order" and thus they do not have a box for it. The overall inspection of the outside look along with the clarity of the glass does not show any sign of being a counterfeit.  However, due to the low brightness and the reflection that I see (indoor), I went ahead and request for an exchange/replacement.  If the new one comes out to have the same issues, then I guess I'll just have to live with it, since I really like the compactness and durability of the T-1 Micro. I'm very satisfy with the way SWFA handled my situation; They have been very helpful throughout the whole process.

Again, thanks everyone for your comments. I will keep you posted of how the replacement going when it arrives.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want increased brightness at lower settings, you should get the 4MOA dot. Your pending swap will produce identical results, but it sounds like you're prepared for that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]
^^^^

This.  Expect the exact same results.  Get it and go shoot with it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top