Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 6:03:24 AM EDT
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burris-Eliminatorreg-II-Ballistic-Laser-Scope/1519082.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3FrecordsPerPage%3D18%26No%3D0%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Deliminator%2Bii%26search%3DSearch&No=0&Ntt=eliminator+ii

While it is not a typical AR optic, Cabelas has a sick deal on the Burris Eliminator II range finding laser scope. I got mine yesterday, and it will be going on my 308.

EDIT: As of midnight on Easter, these are still $599, but are on backorder.

Slamfyre

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
While it is not a typical AR optic  I agree, but would be interesting to use.

I have always had interests in these, have never even held one. And this is a good price

What is your initial impression? How's the glass? Does it seem user friendly?
I am a Burris scope fan, have several of their optics (scopes, spotters, binocs)- they've held up well for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a big fan of the reticle on this scope. With a little practice, I can get range/holdover down in a split second.

First impressions are, the scope has very good glass. I would compare to a Nikon or Leupold of this price range ($599). For the retail price of $999-$1200, the glass would rate an "8" if it were not for the scope's other features. Due to the design/features, I give the glass a 9. The lighted marks and holdover dot on the reticle are crisp and extremely focused. I will say the reticle and its features remind me of a pilot's instrument. TOP notch.

Build is very solid. I would not want to drop test it on my AR-10 due to its HUGE size and 1.6lb weight, but it should do fine being bumped around in a rifle case/truck bed, etc. If used on a 5.56, my guess is this scope would never lose zero. They show calibers up to 3.5" 10ga in the programming manual! Hopefully nothing I mount it to will be close to that kind of recoil.

Stock mounting is very low/flat. On a 16" barreled, flat-top weapon, one would likely want a riser. On a 20+" AR, it sits quite nicely. I would like to try it on a 7.62x54r weapon, as I believe one of their biggest flaws is the Rooskie scopes.

Packaging is also very good. The shade and scope were separated by several layers of plastic and paper, and all accessories were neatly tucked into smaller boxes. I was not a big fan of the bikini covers at 1st, but they really make it easy to pop back on with my "weak hand." I will likely add flip-covers, just to add some more ease of use. On a bolt gun or non-sniper weapon, the bikinis are more than adequate.

I will reserve further "pros" until next week's trip to a 500-yd range.

Some gripes:

Made in Phillipines.  I guess if it were made here, it would be out of my price range, but I do prefer my toys to be from my country...

Battery compartment is top dead-center, and uses a "coin slot." I used a copper penny and still left a slight trace of a scuff on the slot. Next batt change will be with a dime covered in heat shrink, to keep the scope "pretty."

Zeroing knobs are pretty nice, but require a coin or flathead. Again, not a deal breaker, but had I paid $1200, I would want turret-style adjustment knobs with some type of latching mech.

Screen printing for the Focus is slightly off-center (a superficial gripe, perhaps, but one expects a $1k optic to have $1k fit/finish).

Eliminator II logo seems to be darker at the thick end of the objective. At first, I  thought it was the design, but it is the same on both sides, so on one side, "Elim" is darker than "inator II," and on the other side, "inator II" is darker than the "Elim." It gets more faint as the scope body thins, meaning their pad printer was not properly angled. Again, only a minor gripe, but it does not sit well to a perfectionist, OR to someone like me, who is familiar with mass prod/manufacturing. In my factory, you would absolutely have the logo printed correctly, or we would go "line down" until the tech was retrained, and/or the machinery was set-up properly.

Bottom line so far, assuming it performs as I have seen it in countless videos, I would be happy as a piggy in poop to have this scope at 7 or 800 bucks..At 599 to my door, I am quite pleased.

Once I get a little more room to test the range finder and DC system, I will report back.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top