AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally got my MD-ADS today.  UPS driver delivered it to one of my neighbors.  Thankfully, my neighbor stopped by and handled me the package this evening.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
out of stock - AGAIN
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't read the whole thread.

When it's turned back on is it set to the last setting before it was turned off?

This might be my next red dot after selling the ACOG yesterday.

(bought lots of stuff from Marsh, and he runs a great Texas company)
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
out of stock - AGAIN
View Quote

I got one from Aim Surplus last week when the PA site said they were sold out
Looks like they're still in stock today
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPAMDADS&name=Primary+Arms+Advanced+Micro+Dot+MD-ADS&search=MD-ADS
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mailman just dropped off my MD-ADS hope its as good as my other Pa dots I can't afford aim points and eotechs on all my guns, this one will go on one of pistol builds and it's gonna get ran hard.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally found time to dial in my Holosun/Colt 6920 and I have to say the combo is perfect for me! I really like the auto-off and auto-on feature (not sure why everyone hates it) for the purpose of saving the LED life which I read somewhere last only 9-10,000 hours of continuous use which is far below the 50k battery life..

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#8]
led's are supposed to last 100k hrs
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The Holosun will turn back on to the last setting used.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

led's are supposed to last 100k hrs
View Quote

Generally speaking, yes, but specifically for the Holosun type RDs? I'm not sure:

"Primary
Arms (using the same OEM) explained that while the power management
system will let the sight run for 50k hrs, but running the LED diode
continuously will shorten its life to 9k-10k hrs."

Link

The 50k battery life is a good selling point until you the manual that provides some more context:

"The battery can be used for 50,000 hours which is typically longer than the battery shelf life,"

Regardless, I'm extremely happy with the RD at its price range and consider it a bargain along with its Primary Arms and Hi-Lux cousins! It would be a good assumption to make that the future of budget dots is looking good.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#11]
back in stock by the way, i was finally able to order one
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't shopped optics in a while, but I am putting together a new 10.5" pistol with a sig.

I'm an aimpoint guy, but the pistol is going to be a truck/ranch beater and this optic looks perfect.

I am not going to have BUIS. My aimpoints are an absolute co-witness. Without irons, will a lower riser be more comfortable?

Recommendation?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I haven't shopped optics in a while, but I am putting together a new 10.5" pistol with a sig.

I'm an aimpoint guy, but the pistol is going to be a truck/ranch beater and this optic looks perfect.

I am not going to have BUIS. My aimpoints are an absolute co-witness. Without irons, will a lower riser be more comfortable?

Recommendation?

View Quote

I would say stick with the same riser you are used to and comfortable with so you can retain the same muscle memory and not have to "rethink" your cheekweld between guns.....
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top