Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:03:17 PM EDT
I bought a Lead Sled DFT during Black Friday.

Finally had reason to use it this past weekend on a couple AR's, getting the scopes zero'd.

Problem is, we were shooting four to six inch groups with it.

We went back to a sand bag only and began shooting one inch groups.

One AR had a regular M4 stock and quad rail, the other had a black rain Evolution forend and Magpul UBR.

Shots seemed lined up perfect, shots broke clean (both have Gieselle 3gun triggers.

Anyone else have one of these?
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Found this:

Like all Lead Sleds, you must hold your rifle against the rest in a consistent manner to achieve the best accuracy. Varying the tension you put into the Lead Sled will change the point of bullet impact. Use the adjustments provided to achieve precise aim. Do not "bear down" on the Lead Sled to center the crosshairs exactly on the target, as this will affect the point of impact and increase your group size. We prefer to set the adjustable rear foot at approximately the correct height and then make our final elevation adjustments using the front elevation ram. Simply slide the rear of the Lead Sled Plus on the shooting bench to adjust windage.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 4:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the led sled solo and couldn't get it to work.  Now it sits in a closet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the same issue when trying to sight in some varmint guns last year. I couldn't get consistency on the Lead Sled to save my life, took the guns off and just place a sandbag under the front and I was connecting dots. My GF's dad on the other hand got perfection from it. I assumed that I wasn't getting a consistent cheek weld behind the scope and I was muscling the gun to get it on target.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
We were using it at a local state run range.  They have a fixed bench and set height.  The added height of the Led Sled put it too high to sit behind the rifle correctly.

Today I was out sighting in my dad's Rem 700 .243 and had much better results, even with it on top of a rickety cheap shooting bench.  Difference being I had it properly shouldered and a consistent cheek weld and fore end hold.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top