Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:45:39 AM EDT
I recently bought an aimpoint pro. I sighted it in last week. Maybe shot 100 rounds. Put the rifle away. I took it out today, and the knob on the mount was turning loose. I did a google search and only response I found was that I need to push in hard when i tighten the knob. Is this a known issue with the QRP mount or will it come loose next range session?
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had an issue with mine. It does make sense that pushing on the knob would net more torque and maybe fix your loosening problem, but I thought it was a calibrated knob for the same torque each time to help retain zero (which for a red dot - wouldn't be as big of a deal).

I'd try to clean and lube the threads. Play with it some with whatever methods you see fit (like pushing the knob) - and if all that fails, I'd buy a larue mount. I'm not a kool-aid drinker, but I've gotten a few of their mounts in trades and I really like them. The cons on that are that the larue mounts do leave a little crecent shaped wear mark on the bottom edge of the rail - but if worried about that I have some tactical bubble wrap for the rest of the gun I could sell real cheap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My QRP did that when I first got mine. I did what's already been stated above, push in and tighten. It's been GTG since.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I won't get to take it out til next week to see if it fixes the issue. If not I might just buy a Larue mount.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]
It is not a issue.  Just turn the knob from time to time to keep it tight.  Give it 3 good clicks when you take the rifle out. Jeeeezzz.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is not a issue.  Just turn the knob from time to time to keep it tight.  Give it 3 good clicks when you take the rifle out. Jeeeezzz.

If it comes loose after shooting it, it's definitely an issue. I shouldn't have to tighten it after every time it's shot. That might not be an issue to you, but it is to me. I'm taking it out tomorrow to see if it loosens again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I just tightened it down, and then pushed in and tightened it another 1/4 turn.  Never had a problem.  Something is not right if it is loosening under normal usage.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just tightened it down, and then pushed in and tightened it another 1/4 turn.  Never had a problem.  Something is not right if it is loosening under normal usage.

Well I took it out again today. After about 50 rounds, it was loose again. Not falling off loose, but the knob could be turned easily. I'm at my wit's end with this. I'm ready to buy a larue mount. Should I call aimpoint? I mean what kind of turnaround would it be for a replacement? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
How many clicks did you give it?  You should give it two per manual.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How many clicks did you give it?  You should give it two per manual.

My manual states 3. I did that when I mounted it. After.it loosened I could only click it once more.

The more I read, and based on the responses in this thread, it seems this is common with this mount. Maybe I'm just being too anal about it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an ADM that works great but then again I have a QRP2 and it works fine also.
Just shot it today.

Bill
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top