User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, I had the earlier version.  Still miss that scope though!
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the Gen 2 version and it was daylight visible except in bright sunlight. I finished a CA post LE tactical rifle training class and felt it was a bit to slow for under 50yards and opted for irons instead. I recently sold mine and am considering just going for the EOtech until I can find something else. I actually felt the 1-4X20 scope by Leupold was better built.
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a question for XTR owners.  Is the entire rear lense assembly, eye piece maybe, (the larger tube behind the 30mm tube, don't know what else to call it) turned to change magnification?  I thought I read somewhere that the magnification ring was integral to the entire eye piece area and not independent?  

I haven't seen many throw levers on pics and figured this might be why.  I have nowhere nearby with XTR's so I cna't see for myself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got a question for XTR owners.  Is the entire rear lense assembly, eye piece maybe, (the larger tube behind the 30mm tube, don't know what else to call it) turned to change magnification?  I thought I read somewhere that the magnification ring was integral to the entire eye piece area and not independent?  

I haven't seen many throw levers on pics and figured this might be why.  I have nowhere nearby with XTR's so I cna't see for myself.

yeah,  you can grab the whole rear end and give it a twist.

It's not like a little ring, like on your typical weaver, nikon, etc.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love your setup.  Can you include a pic of the entire rifle?   I am have been playing with a Millet DMS-1.  I like the concept but obviously the DMS-1 does not deliver as well as your XTR.

Yeah, but does the DMS-1 deliver at all?
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Can anyone do a picture of looking down the scope at 1x and 4x mag with the front sight post up? I have a fixed FSB and I was curious how a scope like this would look with such a setup.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can anyone do a picture of looking down the scope at 1x and 4x mag with the front sight post up? I have a fixed FSB and I was curious how a scope like this would look with such a setup.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

I'm sorry I'm not able to take great pictures through scopes but on 1x you will see the fsb as if your eye is at the front of the scope. On 4x you won't see the fsb.

As for throw levers, Cat Tail, a site sponsor, makes a throw lever for the XTR for $70. I'd pick one up for half that if they were available, but I don't think I need one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Burris keeps coming up w/great gear. I've been very pleased with 'tests' of their products that I've done with my son's rifles.

Each time, I buy a value priced optic from Burris instead of those 'high end' brands and I'm wondering why I've spent 2-3X for the same damn performance.

In the 1-4 its not that much of a difference in price but I'll keep my $150 and buy the Burris over the similar Triji.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top