Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the new updates! I really like the idea of the 1-6x version. That would be a very unique and wanted optic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the new updates! I really like the idea of the 1-6x version. That would be a very unique and wanted optic.

Especially with a .308 reticle.

I'm still looking for a quality close-to-medium-range scope/reticle for my M1a Scout, and this looks like the ticket...

Ed, I know it's very early in the process but if you make a 7.62x51mm reticle - especially in this beautiful compact prototype version - I will buy it. And not flake on you this time. I had a need and fulfilled it, but now I want to switch my scopes up again, and have a bit more money to do it with this time.

Put my name FIRST on a .308/7.62x51 reticle version!
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Ed, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for some time now and I must say the PCRS makes me want to sell my DMS-1.  I love how compact it is!  Strong work!
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]
ED,

Thats good to hear about the 1x4 CRS, also once you get the 1x6 up for sale PLEASE! let me know because I want one. I am working on the review of the 1x4 Optic I got from you in April. In short I am back in the sandbox and have taken it on some dismounted patrols (day) and raids (night), and to be honest its been great even without the illum on the reticle in the day time as the horse shoe makes up for it. My troopers love it and those that got a chance to shoot it really like it. The only real draw back is the size (they are used to EO techs) Some of my guys are running Luey CQTs and would ditch them for a CRS. Hopefully that 1x6 takes off and that will solve my only real complaint which is the size (as far as CQB goes, but for all other ops its fine). Ed thanks for hooking me up and giving me a chance to run this thing in the sandbox. I cant wait to get home and throw this thing on my AR and have at some 3gun matches.

Derrick
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't wait for the 1x6!!  Where does the line start?
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
me two i am in for a 1x6 this is a great thread good luck all
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I am (patiently) waiting for the original CRS, and still want one for .223, but the PCRS looks just about perfect.  I would like to see it with both .308 and .223 reticles, or even a combo horseshoe/mildot so you could use it on anything.  The form factor and magnification range look nearly perfect.

Ed is a great guy - I am pleased he is insisting on quality and I am looking forward to his products.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
More info, more info.

1x6 looks outstanding, easier to fit package than the 1x4/DMS, and more magnification, plus the better recticle, right awn.

As long as it stays affordable I want one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Ed,

As usual you have not disappointed us in the least. I am so stoked over the size of the 1X6. If you can get this made with your reticle and to your specficiations, I don't know if I could contain myself. Excellent job and please keep us posted.

William
Link Posted: 5/5/2008 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok here's the latest info on the CRS project. Millett just got a new sample of the 1x4 CRS in. The reticle looked real good so I gave the ok for Millett to give it another try. Millett said I should have scopes in about 60 days.
    I'm working with another company on a different 1x4 CRS in case things don't work out with Millett. Unknown time frame or cost of scope at this time.
    The 1x6 CRS project is well on its way as you can see from the prototype. Time frame and cost of this scope is also unknown at this time. There's really alot involved in a project like this.  The current  1x6 PCRS is a ffp reticle with red and green illumination. The new 800 yd  GPC reticle isn't done yet so this prototype has a mildot reticle.  It has a 35mm tube and is just under 8 inches long. It still is illuminated with the cr2032 battery. I just got this late yesterday so there  is a lot of testing to do. I'll post more specs as I get them.

Ed
 GRSC INC

35mm rings seem to be hard to find, the SPR-104 comes in 34mm and there are a couple of others out there....but not much under $100.  Just a thought.  Love it otherwise! Cant wait to see the final product Ed!
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Talk to us of reticles and prototypes...

The first reticle will be the M4-62 calibrated to 800 yds. If the project is successful the .308 and the GPC 343 (non caliber specific) reticles will follow.

Ed
GRSC INC

Phenominal.

You'll get plenty of word-of-mouth from me. I love this concept and really want a .308 reticle!

Thanks.
jim
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#18]
A 1x6 CRS... Hmmmmmmmmmm... Me likey.

I've been looking for a Swiss Army Knife scope for my department's patrol rifles.
Ok, for my guns, too.

I like the fact that it's compact a LOT.

I got the popcorn popped, and I'll be waiting & watching. Impatiently.
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Ed,

About the battery life, it seems some new chinese manufactured optics are coming out with 3000+ hours of illumination from one battery, Will these have a similar battery life?
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
   Just a thought . For those of you familiar with US OPTICS they are now going to produce their SN4 scope in the 1.5x6 format. They made their first 5 prototype SN4 1.5x6 scopes with the GPC 343 reticle for me a couple of years ago. I talked with John recently and he was interested in the possibility of his SN4 scope with a GRSC GPC reticle. If anyone would be interested  you could give US OPTICS a call.

Ed
GRSC INC

Arrrgh! Is it that much harder to make it a true 1x? 1.5 is so much slower up close.

Still waiting patiently. Keep on fighting, Ed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 3:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Ed,

I am intrested in that 1-6X CRS scope as well. Should I send you a copy of my mil ID now because sometimes I forget when I order stuff.  I like the size of the scope and that is a big plus on that one.

So how are you doing overall because I know how this process is.  I hope everything is going well because you seem to know the customer better than others and thank you for answering my questions in 2007.  

Scott
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I was't especialy impressed with USO's 1.5-6x scope that I saw at the SHOT show.  I am very interested in the 1-6x that you are working on, especially with the general GPC reticle.  Count me in.

ILya
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll start the list when we're close.

Ed
GRSC INC

Can I be on the list of people who want to be at the top of the list?  

#2 You do realize how much your work is appreciated, right?

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok here's the latest info on the CRS project. Millett just got a new sample of the 1x4 CRS in. The reticle looked real good so I gave the ok for Millett to give it another try. Millett said I should have scopes in about 60 days.
    I'm working with another company on a different 1x4 CRS in case things don't work out with Millett. Unknown time frame or cost of scope at this time.
    The 1x6 CRS project is well on its way as you can see from the prototype. Time frame and cost of this scope is also unknown at this time. There's really alot involved in a project like this.  The current  1x6 PCRS is a ffp reticle with red and green illumination. The new 800 yd  GPC reticle isn't done yet so this prototype has a mildot reticle.  It has a 35mm tube and is just under 8 inches long. It still is illuminated with the cr2032 battery. I just got this late yesterday so there  is a lot of testing to do. I'll post more specs as I get them.

Ed
 GRSC INC

35mm rings seem to be hard to find, the SPR-104 comes in 34mm and there are a couple of others out there....but not much under $100.  Just a thought.  Love it otherwise! Cant wait to see the final product Ed!

The new Millet LRS scope COMES WITH 35mm rings and they really are pretty decent.  My test for rings is do they appear to line up well,  does everything fit tight and level (I am using a bubble level on top of the ring to verify this) and can the screws be torqued to 20 in lbs without failing.  The Millet 35mm rings passed with no problem.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Put me on the list as well. im not on here much, mostly patrolling the streets, but will keep checking bak on the progress.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Can I be on the list of people who want to be at the top of the list?  

#2 You do realize how much your work is appreciated, right?

+1 to both of those!  Still using and loving my 1st Gen. CRS (canted reticle and all!), and looking forward to checking out the improved CRS as well as the new 1-6x offering.

Ed, has the reticle brightness issue been sufficiently addressed in the new CRS? That is, can the illumination be seen in full daylight? That would be the missing piece of the puzzle as far as I'm concerned. I haven't had too much difficulty picking out the black reticle against dark targets/backgrounds, but being able to run the CRS like a big-ass Aimpoint would just make target acquisition that much faster. Also, can you give us a ballpark price range?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/20/2008 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I just have to say the 1-6x CRS has got my attention and I look forward to seeing some reticle pics!
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Ed, has the reticle brightness issue been sufficiently addressed in the new CRS? That is, can the illumination be seen in full daylight? That would be the missing piece of the puzzle as far as I'm concerned. I haven't had too much difficulty picking out the black reticle against dark targets/backgrounds, but being able to run the CRS like a big-ass Aimpoint would just make target acquisition that much faster. Also, can you give us a ballpark price range?

huge +1
i love my CRS too, the illumination is the only thing that stops me using it as a daytime CQ optic, my eyes are not always good enough to pick up the reticle quickly if I'm sweeping across a background that varies from very light to very dark...having the horseshoe light up to daytime brightness would make it an awsome all conditions 1X optic.

Can I get on the list to be on the list for the 1-6 too ?
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#31]
ok-range report on the GRSC.  finally got to test out the BDC.  had to match the ballistics first.  built a load of 25.0 grains of AA2230 using 55gr NBT's going 3039 f.p.s. out of my 18" barrel.  this almost perfectly matches the ballistics of the M855 in a 14" barrel.  with that done, off to the range.

zeroed the scope at 4x at 75 yds.  shot at 200, dead on.  went to 300 yds, put the 300 yd dot on the target and like magic, all the rounds were right in the black!  i love this BDC.  will test to 350 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I would second that, because I need some type of mid range optic for my FAL and M1A and this sounds like it will fit the ticket. I can always buy another Trijicon....but would love to spend a little less and buy some extra ammo!
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#37]
A long eye relief version for use on scout scope set-ups would be great. I would need a couple with 7.62x51 reticles.

THX
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
    The 1x6 CRS project is well on its way as you can see from the prototype. Time frame and cost of this scope is also unknown at this time. There's really a lot involved in a project like this.  The current  1x6 PCRS is a ffp reticle with red and green illumination. The new 800 yd  GPC reticle isn't done yet so this prototype has a mil dot reticle.  It has a 35mm tube and is just under 8 inches long. It still is illuminated with the cr2032 battery. I just got this late yesterday so there  is a lot of testing to do. I'll post more specs as I get them.

Ed
 GRSC INC

AMD (American defense manufacturing) is in the process of making 35mm QD mounts. I have some on order. I'll keep you posted.

Ed
 GRSC INC

Looks like you have all the bases covered, strong work brother!  I hope this project gets noticed, it certainly makes sense!
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Ed,

I haven't had time to read all 28 pages of this thread (just the last 8 or so), so forgive me if this has been addressed already, but what are the chances of a BDC for the 6.8SPC?

I am very excited about your reticle choice and hope to have either model on my new 6.8 build.

Thank you for your hard work.  It's much appreciated.

Thank you also for your service to your community.  +1

Mark
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I used my GRSC for the first time today on my Noveske 12.5" upper. Upper functioned flawless no malfunctions or anything (PMAG's rule). I zeroed the GRSC scope at 50 yards and it's pretty much centered at 100 yards. I used BH blue box and PRVI both in 75gr HP. No problems hitting the 1 inch shoot n' see dots. Thanks for a great scope, Ed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Well it appears major progress is being made and thats what I want to hear!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#43]
bump for the latest info on the 1x6!!!

So hows it going Ed?!
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#45]
lol thats a pos.. Just go with the real thing (ACOG).. that optic looks fugly to and all washed out.. I mean really spend a few extra bucks and get an ACOG, they are the best AR optics you can get for any type of shooting...
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
lol thats a pos.. Just go with the real thing (ACOG).. that optic looks fugly to and all washed out.. I mean really spend a few extra bucks and get an ACOG, they are the best AR optics you can get for any type of shooting...

Retard.

Link Posted: 6/20/2008 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

clearly you are a man whom knows of what he speaks ! I shall forthwith bin all my other scopes. You have saved me, Scope Messiah !
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
img110.imageshack.us/img110/4175/scope1x6lz4.jpg

Hey whats that? Nypatriot where did you get those little jewels?
Page / 15
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top