Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2017 1:35:23 AM EDT
I have no idea if this is common since I took a break from the AR section for a while, but is it normal for Lancers to have rounds pop out when slapped from the bottom (while not in weapon)? Some only pop the 30th round out, some pop rounds as long as I keep slapping the bottom.  I'm not even hitting it hard.

Oh, and all 4 of these mags are brand new and they're the newest version.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Why are you slapping the mags from the bottom??  <while not in weapon, as you state>
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why are you slapping the mags from the bottom??  <while not in weapon, as you state>
View Quote
Dropped one about 6" off the ground and a round popped out so I decided to see what was going on.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Loose lips, sink ships, I threw the Lancers away that I had because of that very problem.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol.....just tried it with pmags.   Popped right out after a few taps.  Lancers kept creeping round out while tapping before popping out.  Normal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]
By the way, I have a couple hundred pmags and still trust them along with Lancers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By the way, I have a couple hundred pmags and still trust them along with Lancers.
View Quote
Yeah, this isn't enough for me to throw them away or anything.  If anything, it's kind of fun to launch rounds at my cat .  It doesn't do it on any of my M2 pmags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine do that . They  are good mags . But are a little  flimsy . I drop a loaded Lancer last weekend from about  4ft off the shooting bench at the Range . I picked it up and loaded it and tried to shoot. It jammed and jammed. I bent a lip when it hit the concrete . A quick glance and you would miss it. But it was tweaked. I placed it at the 100 yds line and let my son shoot holes in it. I love lancers,.... but Pmags would have still functioned. IMO WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
That's what I dislike about Lancers.   If I'm gonna have bent feedlips from dropping a mag, I'm gonna use the free.99 tan follower g.i. mags.  

When I spend my money, it's on Pmags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Loose lips, sink ships, I threw the Lancers away that I had because of that very problem.
View Quote
Dang. I'd have traded you Pmags for those Lancers. I'll take L5's all day long over Pmags.

Metal feedlips are going to pop rounds easier... there's less friction there than Polymer. That's also a great thing... less friction = better feeding. Add to that, that metal feedlips tend to NOT deform over time, and the L5's metal cage also acts as a robust mag catch stop (vs polymer). I'll take all the advantages of the L5AWM over Pmags at the rare risk of actually dropping one directly onto the feedlips (which, BTW, GI mags have that same issue).
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol.....just tried it with pmags.   Popped right out after a few taps.  Lancers kept creeping round out while tapping before popping out.  Normal.
View Quote
Holy shit! I hope you promptly threw those POS Pmags away.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top