Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2017 10:10:46 AM EDT
Hi folks,  I have a few 20 round early alloy magazines that I've been using for hunting and range mags.  These magazines came out of the West Virginia Air Natl Guard in Charleston WV when they got their 30 rounders in the late '60's.   All have matt alloy followers. They are 6 Colt with the following floor plates (rampant colt) Colt AR-15 cal. .223 colt's PT. F.A. MFG. Co. inc, Hartford. Conn. U.S.A..  3 have UI stamped on lower front body 3 have no markings on the body.  I also have one other alloy 20 rounder with matt alloy follower marked S in box, M16/M16A1 CAL 5.56mm, Universal INDS. DIV. ,Simmonds PREC. PROD INC, West Haven , CONN U.S.A.
Just would like to get a ball park of the years produced and possible value.  All run 100% in all my AR's.  I use them for deer hunting and killed my last 5 deer using them.  Well used but very good condition.
Just a ball park folks.  Thinking of letting a collector or a real magazine guy have these and buy a batch of newer 20 rounders as I'm a shooter vs collector.
Thanks all for any answers in advance.....................Mike
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had a lot of these and still have a bunch of really nice ones.   My experience is that unless mint condition they are not collectible.  And even then not big money.  The guys in MA sometimes buy them because they are preban, but based on what I have sold not worth the hassle to sell and rebuy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, thanks a lot for the reply.  I'll continue using them for the hunt and range.  Appreciate the info.  Shoot safe, Mike
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
double post, sorry
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top