Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2017 4:48:41 PM EDT
As the title says, wondering which ar 40 rounder is the best.  Aluminum or steel  no pmag.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
c products
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Mako, an Israeli company. Made a solid 40 round AR mag, I bought two of them a couple of years ago when things were bananas and you couldn't get anything. The gauge of the mag is 1.5 X thicker than the usual mag.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The reputation is so good on the two companies listed above both been permanently BANNED from AR-15.com
View Quote
Details?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
C Products really did make a good 40 round mag.

The rest was crap but the 40's were good.

No idea if ASC or C Products Defense are any good.

Mako is just too expensive and heavy for what they are.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Sterling Armaments are the best by far. Nothing wrong with Magpul though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had great success with c products 40 round mags. Used them for years in 3-gun and practical matches with no problems.

I don't give a damn about arfcom forum drama because the mags are good to go.  

Plus 95% of the time the forum drama is about money.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You might consider the "arfcom Forum drama" is to protect the members!

The Avila's lose money when they ban a vendor.
View Quote
Do vendors have to pay to be here? After they allowed to advertise if they don't pay? Are all paying vendors stand-up companies?

I appreciate the input but on the topic of c products 40 round mags I'll go with my experiences vs arfcom vendor status.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I also refuse to do business with any company that Larry Panka Jr. worked for LINK
View Quote
See this is what I'm talking about, fucking forum drama. I don't give a shit as long as the product works as intended and for me the c products mags were fantastic.

If you recall, cav arms also had the full faith and credit of arfcom...... Until they didn't.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Just go with pmags. I have some of the original stainless c product 40's. They work but aren't as smooth as Pmags. They just feel cheap. I should just sell them on the EE now that I know people like them.

C products used to have a big following here. Then they started to change finishes fairly often due to disputes with their coating people, they started to have shipping delays, and finally, they started changing business names.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, Sterling is the best 40 round mag. But no longer made.
I have one Sterling and two magpul 40's
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LINK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do vendors have to pay to be here? YES! After they allowed to advertise if they don't pay? NO Are all paying vendors stand-up companies? IF THEY AREN'T, THEY'RE GONE

I appreciate the input but on the topic of c products 40 round mags I'll go with my experiences vs arfcom vendor status.
LINK
"IF THEY AREN'T, THEY'RE GONE". That is simply not true.  Larry Panka was an obvious total fraud, liar and cheat from the time he started on this forum.  He was allowed to do this for years.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top