Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2017 9:20:55 PM EDT
In case anybody's curious, this happened to my H&K translucent mag when it got accidentally dropped on the feed lip on concrete from chest level with a couple rounds in it.

This is 1 of 5 that I own, and they all have been running flawlessly since 2014, except the one above.
Translucent mags are great especially when doing 2 or 3 gun where some stages require downgraded round counts.
I got these on sale for $14 each, which is  not a bad price considering it's cheaper than lancer translucent mags. I see some stores list them for $15.

My favorite thing about these is I can always tell which are my mags because I haven't encountered a single person who also uses these mags
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 10 HK translucent magazines and I have not dropped any of them yet so they work just fine.  I use them a the range and kept them loaded all of the time in SHTF situations is any ever arises.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 2 on sale when they first came out.  On got a chip in the feed lip early on and won't hold the top round.  The other is still functioning with very light use.  Lancer and ETS are the clear mags I use now.  David
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one that I loaded up and am letting sit to see if all the internet puffery is true of it spontaneously splitting. My hypothesis is the internet will be wrong again.

I am in the need of ets mags.  Finally shot my Glock 33 rounders (aren't they 31 then I put a plus two on them so 33...) and they worked great.  I really wish the AR mags were more than 30 rounds because they look so cool.  Glad to hear people aren't afraid to diversify their mag collections.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll spend the extra 1.70ea and get Lancers.  I diversify between Okay, NHMTG, D&H, Pmag, and Lancers.  Puffery or not i'll go with the ones that are out there in numbers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used the HK ones for my 300BLK and for a Full Auto 5.56 HK416
They Function fine in both of those however I would love to have metal feed lips with them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top