Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2017 5:20:18 PM EDT
I went to tune and test my new AR15 build. I tried two new Hexmag Series 2 magazines and both would not feed any rounds into the chamber. I bought a steel Pro Mag and shot 50 rounds without an issue. Comparing side by side the Hexmag spring pressure is less than the Pro Mag,  it is noticeably harder to depress the Pro Mag follower than the Hexmag follower. I'm not sure if this is normal but might explain the issue.

Anyone else have this issue?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I contacted Hexmag and I have the old followers. They are sending me replacements so hopefully I can test them out next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems like they are having lots of issues.  My series 1 mags had issues with feeding the first round.  I got a couple series 2 but have not used them yet.  Won't be buying anymore of these.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never understood why people buy any other mags beside metal GI or 3rd gen PMags, except for rounds like 6MM Hager, where a specialized mag is needed.

They work, without issue. I don't have a desire to waste time or money with anything else.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a lot of issues with the gen3 magpuls being hard to insert and some wont drop out easily. The gen 2 seem to have less issues. Ive seen a lot less issues with the Hexmag although probably due to less being out there. But i have seen a couple of torture tests where hexmage and magpul mags seem to hold up fine.

The replacement came in but i wont have time to test them out until after easter weekend.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never understood why people buy any other mags beside metal GI or 3rd gen PMags, except for rounds like 6MM Hager, where a specialized mag is needed.

They work, without issue. I don't have a desire to waste time or money with anything else.
View Quote
Because Gen 2 Pmags are better. Oh, and because CHOICES. My IMI/ SIG mags handle 300BLK better than Pmags, are just as reliable, and were cheaper by a LOT.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two and they have both malfed a couple times

Invest in better mags is my advice
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 20 hex mags..no issues in my colt, Adams arms or my sons PSA
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]
We wont even start on the steel promag...
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top