Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 12:31:39 PM EDT
Im thinking about getting some RZE Unimags for use with 7.62X39.

Do I have to be careful to ensure I get the latest ones made?

I thought I read somewhere that some of the earlier ones had more issues than the very latest ones.

I see Primary Arms has them. Anyone know if the ones they have are good to go OR if they are the latest batch?

Then again, should I not  consider the Unimag at all ???

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
For 762x39 CPD Gen 3 IMO are the best
https://www.slickguns.com/product/30-round-762x39mm-gen-ii-stainless-steel-magazine-1595-c-products-defense
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have about 5 of the RZE mags. None of them will go into a lower without beating it in or back out.

I bought them for 5.45x39.

They work fine but I literally had to remove the floor plate and the internals, put the floor plate back on, take the upper off, then beat the mag out with a dowel.

I found them to be highly disappointing for the price.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have heard of this problem.

Am I incorrect that the latest revision took care of the tightness issue?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#4]
No way to tell if the tight fit issue has been resolved that I am aware of. I wrote the review about the tight fit. MFR has not gotten back to me or posted anything about corrections being made.

Primary Arms is the only vendor selling that I know of and no way to know how many they had on hand of the tight batch. Might buy one and see if it works. I wouldn't buy more until there is some kind of proof the problem has been fixed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The jig machining took too long. Looking for late March or Early April delivery.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The jig machining took too long. Looking for late March or Early April delivery.
View Quote

WOW.  Thats the answer I was looking for.

I will be buying a bunch.  I only hope that there will be some way that the earlier ones are depleted via sale or purged from inventory before I buy.

Also, it would be nice to know if there will be some means to identify the new batch, like a date code or something.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For 762x39 CPD Gen 3 IMO are the best
https://www.slickguns.com/product/30-round-762x39mm-gen-ii-stainless-steel-magazine-1595-c-products-defense
View Quote

I just ordered some CPD from your link.  Nice price and low shipping.

I know I will love the fit and function of the CPD.  I hate the look of the CPD. That is why I want the Unimags. For the traditional look and reliable function.

I will order some of the Unimags when the new version comes out, but only if they remain in the $28 range.  Above that and I will pass on them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top