Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2016 3:33:04 PM EDT
Above mentioned mags any good, reliable, durable, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a number on the side?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a number on the side?
View Quote

This. They don't make their own mags.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. They don't make their own mags.
View Quote

They're at a shop hours away and I won't see them until Friday.  $18 a pop.  It may be too much to ask, but perhaps someone can list the numbers or stamps that are bad, or good, so that I don't buy something that isn't reliable.  I'm familiar with USGI makes, but if they're disguised with numbers, then I'm out of luck.

I'm biased towards metal mags, but they do sell Pmags also, and they're a bit cheaper.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They're at a shop hours away and I won't see them until Friday.  $18 a pop.  It may be too much to ask, but perhaps someone can list the numbers or stamps that are bad, or good, so that I don't buy something that isn't reliable.  I'm familiar with USGI makes, but if they're disguised with numbers, then I'm out of luck.

I'm biased towards metal mags, but they do sell Pmags also, and they're a bit cheaper.

Thanks again
View Quote

That seems really high, unless they're pre ban and you live in a state that requires that. Okays, Brownells, and D&H all are significantly cheaper than $18 a pop and are known good mags
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That seems really high, unless they're pre ban and you live in a state that requires that. Okays, Brownells, and D&H all are significantly cheaper than $18 a pop and are known good mags
View Quote

Agreed, but it's what the store said they had.  I'll probably pass.

Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks again
View Quote

you can get cheaper ones on the eqip xchange
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 4, no issues yet. I would not pay $18 for one though. Bought mine on the EE @$42 shipped/4  awhile back.
I have around 40 D&H from PSA, great mags and $6.99 now. Saw they had 10 D&H and 10 Pmags for $130 this week. That'd be my suggestion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet they're D&H which is 04TQ4.

Okay and Colt is like 33710, dont have one in front of me at the moment.

If you can ship mags keep an eye on D&H teflon 30s at Palmetto State Armory.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine are not marked externally with the exception of the floorplates.  Gray teflon, DPMS info on the plates.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll reiterate get some D&H mags from PSA, you can buy 2 and pay for shipping for less than the price of one of those mags.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
$18 per mag is outrageous for metal mags. PSA has D&H for $5.99 each.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bet they're D&H which is 04TQ4.

Okay and Colt is like 33710, dont have one in front of me at the moment.
View Quote

Two years ago, Gun Mag Warehouse was having a sale on 10-packs of DPMS magazines for $80 ($8 per mag). It turned out that the DPMS mags were actually NHMTG mags (complete with 33710 cage code, NHMTG floorplate, and Magpul follower) in DPMS-marked plastic bags. I bought two 10-packs. If DPMS is still selling NHMTG mags under their own name, they're quality metal USGI mags, but I wouldn't pay $18 for them. Okay's new mags that they are selling to the civilian market are the same thing, and they can regularly be found for $12 each, often cheaper on sale.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Just order some D&H mags from PSA or find someone selling some lightly used mags.  For $18 I would mail you two lightly used surplus mags, lol.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can purchase Okay Industries Surefeed mags for less than that delivered.

Okay's are the finest mags available.
View Quote

I disagree. Gen3 Pmags get that label.  That's why the USMC is moving to Gen3 Pmags for all combat deployments.

Okay's are pretty good though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$18 per mag is outrageous for metal mags. PSA has D&H for $5.99 each.
View Quote

This. Unless there Lancers no one should be paying this for standard AR mags.
& I had 2 DPMS mags way back that came with the Panther AR. They functioned just fine
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#18]
D&H @ $5.99/mag now at PSA.
WAY BETTER THAN $18
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
D&H @ $5.99/mag now at PSA.
WAY BETTER THAN $18
View Quote

This.  All day,  every day.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Unless you have to have a magazine right now, I'd walk right by those $18 ones. I wouldn't that much for any AR15 mag much less a standard GI mag. These are disposable items so don't pay more than you have to.

As was mentioned, the D&H mags at PSA are excellent magazines. At the current sale price they are a steal. I have had zero issues with them and I have bought way more than I will ever actually use.

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
The magazine shipped with my Oracle months ago is D&H as is the one w/ my Windham however, the Windham magazine is stamped with the Windham brand name.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top