Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2016 6:19:43 PM EDT
So I came across some older 20rd mags and some have different trademarks on the bottom, I was just wondering which would be more classic/desirable. One is Colt, and the other is Simmons Precision Products Inc, and most but not all have the IU (or CH if you hold it sideways?) logo on the front. can't find any date stamps.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely pre-ban (though with MA going full retard this week that probably doesn't mean much anymore - maybe in CT or IL?).  As to rare, meh - if they have the commercial black plastic followers they're less desirable than the earliest 20s with aluminum alloy followers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
All of them have the alloy follower. Any difference in value or rarity between the Colt and Simmonds manufactured mags?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I've actually been looking for 2 or 3 old 20 rounders. I was wanting the Gen 1 magpul but are you looking to sell?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
and most but not all have the IU (or CH if you hold it sideways?)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2j2zrif.jpg
View Quote

UI -- the base plate refers to Univeral Industries Division.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
for some mag collectors,  the 20 round COLT ones that have .223 on the floor plate,  are desirable to have
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've actually been looking for 2 or 3 old 20 rounders. I was wanting the Gen 1 magpul but are you looking to sell?
View Quote

You can buy brand new Okay 20s just like that for $12.50/ea from 44mag.com
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesnt matter here.

Lol. Okay mags made in CT, but cant be bought here. NHMTG made in Ct cant be bought here.
FDM
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top