Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2016 9:57:57 AM EDT
I bought three of the Brownells .308 AR magazines last year.

Sometimes they work in my DPMS GII Recon and sometimes they do not.  This is also the story with my PSA P10 .308 carbine.

The problem is sometimes the round does not get stripped completely out of the magazine and the bolt impacts against the shell casing causing a misfeed.

Would replacement springs solve this problem ?

Thank you for your help.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your reply.

Next time I get out to the range I will look for scratches along the casings.

Tonight I will dis-assemble the magazines and look for burrs on the feed lips and the inner body of the magazines.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it occurring with the same ammo or different manufacturers ammo?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
When I got my Brownell's Mag Techs, I swept all of the edges of the components with a diamond hone to smooth them out, then washed and cleaned everything.  I then oiled, very lightly, the mag, follower and spring with just the finest coat of CLP.  They run very, very well.  Have not tried the new Brownell's ones yet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#5]
They have a new generation  mag now? When did that occur and does anyone know what changes were made?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I had this problem with both my Brownells .308 mags. The follower would stick in the rear and not hold the round high enough for the bolt to catch.

I haven't bothered messing with them yet, I'll probably just stick to pmags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have a new generation  mag now? When did that occur and does anyone know what changes were made?
View Quote
I don't' know WHEN they changed the mags but I will tell you that the mags pictured above looks NOTHING like my Mag Techs.  The Mag Techs are more like a cross between an SR-25 mag and an Armalite Gen II at the feed lips.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had this problem with both my Brownells .308 mags. The follower would stick in the rear and not hold the round high enough for the bolt to catch.

http://i.imgur.com/LqT7R0cl.jpg

I haven't bothered messing with them yet, I'll probably just stick to pmags.
View Quote

Looks like a sticking follower or very bad follower design.  Brownell's reallllly needs to get their act together with their mag design and manufacturing.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top