Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 7:09:47 PM EDT
Did the smoke and clear versions come out  from the beginning of production of the L5AWM?  Any problems with clear/smoke vs the standard opaque versions?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited:  Actually looks like the original is pretty close to the AWM smoke. Not clear like the clear AWM.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have 4 of the  smoke 1st gen Lancers, 100% reliable and still going strong. My only complaint is the raised ridges and method of floorplate removal. Of course the AWMs are even better but if you found some 1st gen mags for sale, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still have 4 of the  smoke 1st gen Lancers, 100% reliable and still going strong. My only complaint is the raised ridges and method of floorplate removal. Of course the AWMs are even better but if you found some 1st gen mags for sale, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.
View Quote

I have a couple of the old ones made in 2008.  They don't have anti-tilt followers but I have not encountered any malfunctions yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a couple of the old ones made in 2008.  They don't have anti-tilt followers but I have not encountered any malfunctions yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that the followers ran on the channel to keep them from tilting... the new ones utilize both the channel and the anti-tilt follower.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that the followers ran on the channel to keep them from tilting... the new ones utilize both the channel and the anti-tilt follower.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've got a couple of the first gen ones as well, work well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I still have a bunch of the 1st gen smoke Lancers new in the wrapper.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top