Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 12:32:04 PM EDT
Exactly which magazines will work with a 6.5 creedmoor AR10? Core rifles will be making a 6.5 creedmoor and I was thinking of getting a few mags for the occasion. I've never seen a 6.5 creedmoor mag sold, but I have seen a 6.5 grendel which ASC makes a mag for (yes I know those two aren't interchangeable).
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul or DPMS 7.62X51

ETA: From the horse's mouth

http://core15rifles.com/core30-moe-rifle.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on the receiver set/magazine combination.

If the magazine catch slot is located differently to the bore line, you can have problems with magazines that have thicker feed lips(polymer).

There is no standard 6.5 Creedmoor AR10, nor is there a standard .308 or 7.62 NATO AR10, so all bets are off when it comes to magazine compatibility.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
in for responses. I've got a 308 AR (DPMS pattern) and will get a few magpul LR mags for it, but in the near future I plan to get a Ruger Precision rifle and it supposedly works with all 308 magazines. I'll probably get the 6.5 CM in the Ruger so it would be nice to have mags interchangeable for both platforms..
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
http://core15rifles.com/core30-moe-rifle.html

Comes with Magpul 20 LR magazines
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I bought several from them. They did say Pmags, but in a very generic way........ They didn't state they take 308/7.62 pmags which left me guessing.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top