Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 12:08:30 AM EDT
I've always ran pmags and have never had a problem.  Sold all my fde pmags with my Bcm build.  My new AR is pretty light for a 3-gun build at 6 lbs.  Are there any reliable mags that shave a noticeable difference from pmags?  Or am I being picky?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Hahaha.  That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for putting that one to rest.  I'll stick with the pmags then.  Thank you
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Hahaha.  That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for putting that one to rest.  I'll stick with the pmags then.  Thank you
View Quote

You might take a look @ the previous posters mags.    He makes pretty nice ones.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes I was looking at ets... I research the hell out of everything and I just seen a thread that got heated between ets and magpul.  They totally sabotaged that poor guys request for a shootout.  Personally I love my pmags I had but they are the only ones I've tried.   I think I'm gonna get a lancer, Ets, and a pmag just to compare for myself.  Maybe I'll like all 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Also ets... I do like how professional you guys are and even recognizize the quality of other companies mags.   Seems like a real stand up company.  Also very helpful on the forums.  You have my business.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:10:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes I was looking at ets... I research the hell out of everything and I just seen a thread that got heated between ets and magpul.  They totally sabotaged that poor guys request for a shootout.  Personally I love my pmags I had but they are the only ones I've tried.   I think I'm gonna get a lancer, Ets, and a pmag just to compare for myself.  Maybe I'll like all 3
View Quote

I like Magpul's products...well, for the most part, but when I ask ETS a question here I ALWAYS get an answer. A lot of times I pose a question to magpul and all I get is silence. Yeah, I get it, I'm just one of millions of customers...but really, how hard is it to tell me (and the rest of their subforum, some of whom are undoubtedly interested) if they are going to make gen 3 AK mags in ODG? If it's some kind of secret, post up "we can neither confirm nor deny that they will be made, at this time" or something.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Say you cracked a pmag, or you want a clear pmag....

You'll get educated right quick!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have weighed every AR mag I know of on a pharm scale to the .01 of a gram. The most difference I saw was about .6-7 of an oz. That is the lightest vs the heaviest. I doubt you are going to feel a half ounce. If you can, you are way more sensitive than I am...

And BTW, FWIW, the lightest mags I weighed, which I won't name, were by far the weakest with regards to toughness in our testing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always ran pmags and have never had a problem.  Sold all my fde pmags with my Bcm build.  My new AR is pretty light for a 3-gun build at 6 lbs.  Are there any reliable mags that shave a noticeable difference from pmags?  Or am I being picky?

I have weighed every AR mag I know of on a pharm scale to the .01 of a gram. The most difference I saw was about .6-7 of an oz. That is the lightest vs the heaviest. I doubt you are going to feel a half ounce. If you can, you are way more sensitive than I am...

And BTW, FWIW, the lightest mags I weighed, which I won't name, were by far the weakest with regards to toughness in our testing.

you didnt weigh any h&k mags then.  heavy mothers..
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah no steel mags haha.  I'm sure they have a place but not on my rifle lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
There was a member here who did quite a bit of torture testing of magazines (87GN), he found that steel mags didn't hold up as well as polymer or G.I. Aluminum .

Link to his blog....LINK
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top