Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2015 3:45:53 PM EDT
To be fare their 7.62x39 mags do work and I'm glad they make 'em, but: I recently ordered some mags from riflegear.com. The description claims something to the effect that they will be OEM take out mags that came out of new rifles they sold. They say they can be any brand, no choice. So I ordered the 30s first and CHA-CHING, I got all new NHMTGs, so I emmiately ordered 10 20s, I got 10 C-Products SS mags. I figured they'd be OK, C-Products has been around a while, they've had time to get their shit together. WRONG!
Had about 3 jamms per mag load, I think mostly failure to pick up the round, bolt closed on empty chamber.
1/3 of the time it locked the bolt back on last round, 1/3 time did not lock the bolt back, 1/3 of the time it locked the bolt back after the 19th round and left the 20th round floating in the upper (out of mag)
Last night I tried a different mag in a different AR and it also would fail to hold the bolt open, follower will go up in front of the bolt catch.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The 'new' owners need to find another line of work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
In other news water is still wet
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]

In before the site staff whom want to give
them another chance as site sponsors...

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a shame, the old ones I have work great. The few SS one I have are my favorite mags
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hhmmm, I have several of the older C-Products 20 and 30 rd S.S. mags and they have been rock solid through numerous rounds over several years as range mags. I have yet to find an AR they would not act like new money while feeding all types of ammo. Just my personal experiences Mine are the straight 20s and 30s with the orange followers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
20rd stainless curved, and 30rd alum black mar-lube are some of the best magazines I've ever had. No disputing people have had trouble with C-Products, but all of mine have been trouble free.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
20rd stainless curved, and 30rd alum black mar-lube are some of the best magazines I've ever had. No disputing people have had trouble with C-Products, but all of mine have been trouble free.
View Quote

My experience is the same as yours.  I took 8 of his steel mags, put CMMG springs and steel follower and have one hell of a magazine.  I4 years not a single hiccup with any round.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#8]
dupe.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here, my 6.8 mags too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
The stainless 5.45X39 mags I bought from them work great.  No issues.

The aluminum 5.56X45 mags I bought from them had a 30% failure rate (3 out of 10 failed to feed the last two rounds in the magazine.)

Last range trip with my nephew he had issues with some of his CProducts magazines.  About 8 or 10 rounds from the bottom, he'd get nose down failures to feed.

I told him to bring them (all of them) to my house and I'd trade him new D&H magazines for them.  I figure I can salvage the floor plates, springs and followers from them.  I don't know when he bought them, so I can't say if they are older, or newer manufacture.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Old ones rock! I use several of the 40rd ones....
But I'm confused...the new people bought all the old machinery & patents...Why would the new mags suck?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But I'm confused...the new people bought all the old machinery & patents...Why would the new mags suck?
View Quote

Because the old ones sucked too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never a a single problem with the old ones *shrugs*
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, the ones I got say "CProducts, newington CT", is that company even still in business? All I find on the net is CPD in FL. Thinking I'd give them a chance to send me these new mags everybody says work 100%
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I've bought several 9mm cprods that were junk from the gate. Havent bothered to try any 556 ones cause I'm sure it would be the same story.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Bought a few of these and have had zero issues running them through a PSA upper and my 80% lower w/G2S trigger.  
http://www.shop.northriverllc.com/30-Round-CPD-762x39mm-GEN-III-Stainless-Steel-Magazine-NEW-C30762SBB.htm
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've bought several 9mm cprods that were junk from the gate. Havent bothered to try any 556 ones cause I'm sure it would be the same story.
View Quote

They had lots of problems tooling up their 9mm mags.

You can't compare the two.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK, the ones I got say "CProducts, new britain CT", is that company even still in business? All I find on the net is CPD in FL. Thinking I'd give them a chance to send me these new mags everybody says work 100%
View Quote

Larry & Larry Jr moved to Florida, then Larry Jr. Moved to Club Fed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I have 60 C products magazines that I acquired over the past 15 years. Every single one has been flawless. I have some brand-new ones that I just got that are also flawless in 8 different ARs.  Maybe you guys ARs are the problem? The SS One seem to be the most solid but all function flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a dozen of their new model stainless mags and they work perfectly in all my AR's too.   2 ArmaLites and a Colt, all factory built guns.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Never a prob with mil spec 30rndrs
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#22]
The cproduct 9mm mags work better in my 9mm AR then the brownell ones.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I have one, the baseplate is bent from the pressure of the rounds pushing on it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC, CProducts manufactures Brownells 9mm AR mags
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eh?  I think Metal Form makes them.

The issue with the brownells mag is the xylan finish. It is put on thick which is great for durability but bad because the mag is out of spec.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#26]
After reading some of the lawsuit documentation about how the old CProducts went away, I decided to buy other stuff instead. There is now way I would give either the previous CProducts owners my money, and wouldn't roll the dice on the plating/finishing company that wound up with all their stuff.

-shooter
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Same

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#28]
C Product Defense makes great 7.62 x 39 mags. 100% GTG.

C Product Defense is much much better than the old C Products, which became ASC after the vendor sued them.

ASC's conversion mags run at about a 20-30% fail rate. Out of spec, internal blockages, etc. but they warranty them without hassle.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I picked up several of their curved, aluminum 20 rd mags yesterday at a LGS. I've never used C Products before but for $7 each, new - figured I couldn't go wrong. Of course I didn't see this thread until today. We'll see how they work out.

The floorplates are marked  " C Products Newington, CT."
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Your subject line it is a little misleading as it implies the current C Products Defense company is making a bad product.

The C Products company - made in CT - is out of business. Original owners lost the business to a vendor who then started ASC on the equipment.

C Products Defense is a new, separate company from C Products and ASC, and operates in FL.

If you want to try to claim a warranty, your best bet is to contact ASC. but I really think you're out of luck as C Products is out of business and ASC took the designs and manufacturing gear. My understanding is ASCis not warranting them.

If you have an issue with the mags I suggest just putting in a new spring and see what happens. For one dollar your problem will probably be solved.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top