Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:30:28 PM EDT
What do you guys prefer? I have a lot of both, but I've heard the Troy battle mags hold up better  (thrown,dropped, etc). So far I haven't noticed much difference other than the Troy mags can be loaded a little faster
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Pmag>Troy BM
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
PMAG by a country mile.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
pmag
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Pmags
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Pmag
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Well lock it down. Question answered.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#7]
pretty much everything > troy
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
       <comment removed............Please keep replies polite, business like and on topic.......dpmmn>    
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Pmag

<comment removed............Please keep replies polite, business like and on topic.......dpmmn>    
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
L5AWM
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#11]
PMAG for no other reason than Magpul loves freedom and Troy loves suppression.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
L5AWM
View Quote

Although this is also true if price is no question.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Hi,

The feed lips on the Troy's hold up better than the Gen 3 P-Mags in my experience. Oh, Lancers AWM's are better than both Troy and the P-Mag

Best Regards:
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
L5AWM
View Quote

They can be as low as $17 online, local retailers try and sell windowed pmags for $25 so I switched a year or so ago. Glad I did, far superior product.

Fuck Troy
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
L5AWM
View Quote

I agree. The Lancers are superior to both PMAG and Troy. I have all three , the Troy are fine except for the political bullshit and P mags are the standard, but the Lancers are better than both.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
As low as $17 for a Lancer? More like $9-11 every day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh. Where please?!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I have no experience with Troy but will say Pmag has been good to go for me.  ETA content.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#20]
lol well that answers my question for sure. I may have to start looking in to and investing in these Lancers you guys speak of. One other question now though. What do you mean Troy is for suppression?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Uh. Where please?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh. Where please?!

I am not aloud to post or talk about that vendor here. That should tell you enough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I am not aloud to post or talk about that vendor here. That should tell you enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh. Where please?!

<Edited....you should know better than that.......dpmmn>
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol well that answers my question for sure. I may have to start looking in to and investing in these Lancers you guys speak of. One other question now though. What do you mean Troy is for suppression?
View Quote

Hi,

A few years back Troy hired or almost hired a couple of individuals who were associated with the suppression of 2nd amendment rights, or associated with controversial incidents.

Troy Article

Read the article and judge for yourself.  I still like the feel of they Troy magazine regardless of these faux pas.

Sincerely:
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you guys for all the info and sending me that article! Not so proud of my Troy mags, mag releases or alpha rail now though
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Never had a problem with Troy or Pmags, just prefer Pmags. Gave all of my Troys to my son and he uses them exclusively as range mags with zero issues in the past 3 years... Troys fit some pouches better but they feel "cheap" to me and the floor plate disassembly is dumb IMHO.

Just out of curiosity I'm going to pick up a few Lancers the next time I'm near the local shop. Not looking to replace my Pmags, just want to see if there is any perceptible difference...

1DD
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Never had a problem with Troy or Pmags, just prefer Pmags. Gave all of my Troys to my son and he uses them exclusively as range mags with zero issues in the past 3 years... Troys fit some pouches better but they feel "cheap" to me and the floor plate disassembly is dumb IMHO.

Just out of curiosity I'm going to pick up a few Lancers the next time I'm near the local shop. Not looking to replace my Pmags, just want to see if there is any perceptible difference...

1DD
View Quote

If they were the same price I would only buy Lancer mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The Troy mags are a pain  to take apart to clean.  Pmags or Landers are what I use.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#28]
It was quite amusing listening to a Troy rep bash on pmags a few years back at the Rockcastle ProAm.  A whole bunch of nonsense about feed lips cracking if you don't use the dust cover.  After that I decided Troy no more.

PS.  Thank you Troy for the battlemag I picked off the prizetable this year.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top