Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2015 12:55:50 PM EDT
I have started a new youtube series on my channel called "Man vs Magazine".  My testing protocol does not include running over the magazines with a truck.  I don't see that as being realistic.  What damages magazines is being dropped on the feedlips (while fully loaded) just like it would if you flubbed a reload and dropped the mag just as soon as it cleared your chest rig.  I chose a 5'6" drop since that is the height of the top of the chest rig of one of my giant friends (he is 6'4").  I use a downspout (from Home Depot) as it is the perfect size to drop an AR mag through.  

At first I discuss the pro/cons of the design of mag with how that relates to getting in and out of mag pouches, etc. then I go into the testing.

Stage 1
I drop each magazine (fully loaded with 30 rounds) on compacted dirt 25 times. I have an empty ammo crate with a couple inches of dirt/rocks that I compact with a cement block before each drop. If the magazine survives this - it goes on to stage 2.

Stage 2
I drop each magazine (fully loaded with 30 rounds) onto a cement block 25 times OR until the magazine deforms, cracks or breaks.  As soon as I witness any perminant damage to the feed lips, I stop the cement testing at that point. That mag then goes onto Stage 3.

Stage 3
This stage is type 3 malfunction clearance drills, as these are hard on feedlips too.  The bullet must be pulled out of the mag instead of stripping forward.  I set up a type 3 and yank/pull the magazine out of the well 25 times. Then I unload the magazine and check the lips for wear.

Stage 4
The last stage is firing the magazine fully loaded with 30 rounds.  I fire the first 8 with the magazine pointing at 3 o'clock, 8 rounds with magazine pointing at 12 o'clock, 8 rounds with the magazine facing the 9 o'clock and the final 6 rounds with the magazine facing 6 o'clock.

The video series can be found here, and I suggest you start with the video titled EXPLANATION first:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG8devH8mcitaSUuK1yxSrkvTnfUPnmcU

I am keeping a spreadsheet of the results on my blog, located here: http://www.tireironblog.com/man-vs-magazine-series/  Click on the word SPREADSHEET in red font.

Hope you enjoy the series, and yes I plan on testing more magazines.  Coming up next will be ELander, Magpul Gen 3 (black), Magpul Gen 3 Sand, Tapco and others. Let me know if there is something else you would like to see.

Additionally I do plan on running AK47 and AK74 mags through the same test.

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting videos, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interesting videos, thanks for sharing.
View Quote

Thank you TacticalComputing!

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here, let me help you with that.

I wish you would have tested the brownell's tan follower USGI magazines as those are a lot more durable than the others in my experience.  

Also, I wouldn't do the drop tests with dummy rounds as you're loosing weight from the powder charge.  Other that that, great tests, though!
View Quote

Thank you Blain!!  I will add the Brownell's tan follower mag to the list of what to test.  I have heard good things about that mag too.  Regarding the powder charge, only the last (top) ten are dummies, the rest are live ammo.  The dummies - were they live - would only add 1/2 of one ounce in powder - so I considered that to be too small to worry about.  Thoughts?

Again - thank you for hotlinking those!!

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It is good to look back at the original truck video (that is eight years old and only in 280p -the max resolution of youtube in 2007) Before this video (which was filmed impromptu in the Magpul car park during a design meeting) no one took AR15 polymer magazines seriously. That was the reason for such a demonstration. Within a year all that had changed.  If we had known it this was going to be such a duplicated event in magazine online testing we probably would have taken it a bit more seriously and not named it with the alternate title -"..how I stopped worrying and learned to love a polymer magazine".

That said crush tests are legitimate. I destroyed many a USGI magazine by stepping on them during the old MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain)training in the USMC. As such we brought the runover test back as the crush test partly due to nostalgia...

https://youtu.be/x-5kphqX_80?list=PLLLtq9scclwKVYVSGUsrOsprdHo_TKJt7
View Quote

Semper Fi Devil Dog - I am a vetern US Marine also.  The only time I witnessed USGI mags being ruined when stepped on was when they were empty.  The scope of my little tests was for full magazines.  Running over mags with a truck is very cool - but I think it is too theatrical and not very realistic.  I never, ever saw or heard of a magazine getting run over by a truck.  And, as I state in my video, even if my magazine did get run over by a truck, it would go into my dump pouch - no matter who made the magazine.  The fact that everyone else posts video's of mags being run over by trucks speaks about Magpul's position as the leader of the pack when it comes to polymer mags. Imitation is the best form a flattery.

I like your product.  Even though the Magpul mag broke on the fourth drop - I will still continue to use, buy and recommend PMags (as well as others).  My personal view is that quality AR mags are like investments - diversify!  Dont put all your eggs in the same basket, or dont buy all the same brand.  They each seem to have pluses and minuses.  Granted, some do have more pluses than others. I am looking forward to testing your Gen 3 mag (black) and especially your Gen 3 Sand.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post in my thread - it makes me like Magpul as a company even more - as you are very "in touch" with your customer base.  

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
So now we have a third test where a Lancer magazine couldn't be broken(Fortier's, The one on this forum, and now this You Tube test).  I'm starting to notice a serious trend here.............
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All USGI contract magazines are built to a specific government controlled TDP (Technical Data Package) that governs how the specific magazine is built.

As Brownells is a authorized government contractor they follow the TDP and only have leeway in the design as it relates to specified tolerances. It is true that Brownells magazines are better in the application of tolerances (as it relates to a more reliable magazine compared to all other government magazine manufactures) but the ALU type and processing is specified in TDP and as such all USGI contract magazines are of similar strength when it comes down to impact testing.

I have no doubt that Brownells could make a stronger magazine if given the chance but if it is an official USGI contract mag it will be built to the government contract TDP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish you would have tested the brownell's tan follower USGI magazines as those are a lot more durable than the others in my experience.  

All USGI contract magazines are built to a specific government controlled TDP (Technical Data Package) that governs how the specific magazine is built.

As Brownells is a authorized government contractor they follow the TDP and only have leeway in the design as it relates to specified tolerances. It is true that Brownells magazines are better in the application of tolerances (as it relates to a more reliable magazine compared to all other government magazine manufactures) but the ALU type and processing is specified in TDP and as such all USGI contract magazines are of similar strength when it comes down to impact testing.

I have no doubt that Brownells could make a stronger magazine if given the chance but if it is an official USGI contract mag it will be built to the government contract TDP.

Not so fast....  you know that some brands of USGI magazines are not as good as others.  Was it Cooper's  or Sanchez that inspired the design of the green follower?  Among people that still build and shoot M14s and M1As in Service Rifle matches it is fairly universally believed that TRW parts (particularly bolts) are the best, Winchester is perhaps to hard and tight, Springfield Armory is average and H&R is least favored.  It may all be wives tales but there is no doubt that TRW parts are worth more money because of it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not so fast....  you know that some brands of USGI magazines are not as good as others.  Was it Cooper's  or Sanchez that inspired the design of the green follower?  Among people that still build and shoot M14s and M1As in Service Rifle matches it is fairly universally believed that TRW parts (particularly bolts) are the best, Winchester is perhaps to hard and tight, Springfield Armory is average and H&R is least favored.  It may all be wives tales but there is no doubt that TRW parts are worth more money because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly right, I explained this to them before giving the exact same M14 USGI example, but they keep giving me the same response.  Center has a reputation as having lower quality USGI mags, but they also had a recent contract.  Just like some bad pmags make it out there, there is definitely a quality difference between different contractors.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks tire iron. Semper Fi

We tested the magazines empty for that reason. I did see two instances of gear containing loaded mags getting run over (one by an LAV which destroyed the mags, ammo and the pouch holding them) but I personally destroyed more by stepping on expended ones that had been dropped accidentally.

One of the things to be aware of in testing is that color does affect performance. This is common knowledge in plastics manufacturing. Without getting into detail black is generally the strongest due to the small size of the carbon molecule that affects the base material the least in conventional molding. We stopped making other colored magazines a while back until we could get something that preformed as well as black. The result of this research lead to the Sand M3 released this year that actually tests better than the current M3 in impact tests and will likely lead to a stronger Black M3 as we learn more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is good to look back at the original truck video (that is eight years old and only in 280p -the max resolution of youtube in 2007) Before this video (which was filmed impromptu in the Magpul car park during a design meeting) no one took AR15 polymer magazines seriously. That was the reason for such a demonstration. Within a year all that had changed.  If we had known it this was going to be such a duplicated event in magazine online testing we probably would have taken it a bit more seriously and not named it with the alternate title -"..how I stopped worrying and learned to love a polymer magazine".

That said crush tests are legitimate. I destroyed many a USGI magazine by stepping on them during the old MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain)training in the USMC. As such we brought the runover test back as the crush test partly due to nostalgia...

Semper Fi Devil Dog - I am a vetern US Marine also.  The only time I witnessed USGI mags being ruined when stepped on was when they were empty.  The scope of my little tests was for full magazines.  Running over mags with a truck is very cool - but I think it is too theatrical and not very realistic.  I never, ever saw or heard of a magazine getting run over by a truck.  And, as I state in my video, even if my magazine did get run over by a truck, it would go into my dump pouch - no matter who made the magazine.  The fact that everyone else posts video's of mags being run over by trucks speaks about Magpul's position as the leader of the pack when it comes to polymer mags. Imitation is the best form a flattery.

I like your product.  Even though the Magpul mag broke on the fourth drop - I will still continue to use, buy and recommend PMags (as well as others).  My personal view is that quality AR mags are like investments - diversify!  Dont put all your eggs in the same basket, or dont buy all the same brand.  They each seem to have pluses and minuses.  Granted, some do have more pluses than others. I am looking forward to testing your Gen 3 mag (black) and especially your Gen 3 Sand.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post in my thread - it makes me like Magpul as a company even more - as you are very "in touch" with your customer base.  

cheers

tire iron

We tested the magazines empty for that reason. I did see two instances of gear containing loaded mags getting run over (one by an LAV which destroyed the mags, ammo and the pouch holding them) but I personally destroyed more by stepping on expended ones that had been dropped accidentally.

One of the things to be aware of in testing is that color does affect performance. This is common knowledge in plastics manufacturing. Without getting into detail black is generally the strongest due to the small size of the carbon molecule that affects the base material the least in conventional molding. We stopped making other colored magazines a while back until we could get something that preformed as well as black. The result of this research lead to the Sand M3 released this year that actually tests better than the current M3 in impact tests and will likely lead to a stronger Black M3 as we learn more.

The current USGI mags have much stronger bodies than the old which were incredibly fragile.  I am not sure if this is due to the type of aluminum used, the thickness, the heat treat, or all the above.  However, no way will you crush a new one just by stepping on it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In the MOUT operations empty/partial mags would sometimes be dropped on be on the concrete floor (or stairs) and a whole squad of combat loaded Marines would invariably stomp all over them. Almost always these mags were dented so that they would no longer function reliability. From what I have seen, the brown follower magazines in this environment would fair no better than the ones we were issued in the 1990s.

If any change occurred it would have to have been with the introduction of the brown follower magazines in 2009. I will check and see but the Original Gov Information Release on the subject only speaks of the Follower/Spring update concerning reliability. As such I do not believe anything was changed in the TDP concerning the aluminum, processing and welds in the USGI 30 round magazine as issued for many decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cheers

tire iron

The current USGI mags have much stronger bodies than the old which were incredibly fragile.  I am not sure if this is due to the type of aluminum used, the thickness, the heat treat, or all the above.  However, no way will you crush a new one just by stepping on it.

In the MOUT operations empty/partial mags would sometimes be dropped on be on the concrete floor (or stairs) and a whole squad of combat loaded Marines would invariably stomp all over them. Almost always these mags were dented so that they would no longer function reliability. From what I have seen, the brown follower magazines in this environment would fair no better than the ones we were issued in the 1990s.

If any change occurred it would have to have been with the introduction of the brown follower magazines in 2009. I will check and see but the Original Gov Information Release on the subject only speaks of the Follower/Spring update concerning reliability. As such I do not believe anything was changed in the TDP concerning the aluminum, processing and welds in the USGI 30 round magazine as issued for many decades.

I can notice a huge difference in strength.  Who says the government has to release the full TDP?  Isn't it proprietary info?  The follower / spring change was the largest most important change and was being hyped, so obviously you heard about it.  

If you compare a USGI tan follower brownells mag to a USGI mag from the 90s or earlier, you can see and feel the difference!  One will get destroyed from a drop test, the other usually won't be phased.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Again, if you have not read the PMag design concepts it basically says functionally reliability under all conditions is the priority of the PMag (Not as a substitute for a hammer)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So now we have a third test where a Lancer magazine couldn't be broken(Fortier's, The one on this forum, and now this You Tube test).  I'm starting to notice a serious trend here.............

Again, if you have not read the PMag design concepts it basically says functionally reliability under all conditions is the priority of the PMag (Not as a substitute for a hammer)

I didn't mention PMags in my post, but if you insist...............

I have to admit, I have not read your design philosophy or anyone elses design philosophy, that stuff is simply boring, and totally self serving.  Larry Panka/Cproducts  probably had a "design philosophy" as well as an ISO 900 certification and I wouldn't use one of his magazines to shim up a wobbly toilet seat.

Looking at the videos in question the Pmag broke on the forth drop while the Lancer and the ETS didn't break with 25 drops.  There is absolutely no way you will convince me or I'm sure others here with a brain that somehow a magazine that breaks when dropped is equal to or even better than one that doesn't break.  Back when your first truck video came out and the USGI magazine broke and yours didn't you had a much simpler philosophy: ours didn't break so it is better, you didn't seem too concerned with "sample size" back then either.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I will double check our sources and see if I can get a definitive answer for you but a look back at the Original USGI follower upgrade presentation again shows just the follower/spring fix.

The small arms part of Picatinny is not generally known for keeping quiet on their "achievements" so I would image there would be some public announcement regarding "a 300% improvement in impact strength" or something like that.

Also in the USGI vs M3 PMag videos we used new in the wrapper contract USGI tan follower magazines and the results were similar to what we had come to expect from the older green follower magazines. There might be some differences that we cannot tell without directly testing them against each other but again any difference was not immediately noticeable to us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can notice a huge difference in strength.  Who says the government has to release the full TDP?  Isn't it proprietary info?  The follower / spring change was the largest most important change and was being hyped, so obviously you heard about it.  

If you compare a USGI tan follower brownells mag to a USGI mag from the 90s or earlier, you can see and feel the difference!  One will get destroyed from a drop test, the other usually won't be phased.  

I will double check our sources and see if I can get a definitive answer for you but a look back at the Original USGI follower upgrade presentation again shows just the follower/spring fix.

The small arms part of Picatinny is not generally known for keeping quiet on their "achievements" so I would image there would be some public announcement regarding "a 300% improvement in impact strength" or something like that.

Also in the USGI vs M3 PMag videos we used new in the wrapper contract USGI tan follower magazines and the results were similar to what we had come to expect from the older green follower magazines. There might be some differences that we cannot tell without directly testing them against each other but again any difference was not immediately noticeable to us.

I hope for your sake you are correct, if not you would have to go back and correct a lot of your previous statements
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Our testing agrees with all of the above. We have put several different brands of contract and non-contract GI mags through destructive testing. As far as the actual GI mags go, we found no measurable difference with regards to impact testing between the different contract mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brownells contract USGI magazines are the best in terms of reliability between the four US military suppliers because they build to a tighter tolerance spec (within the specified tolerances of the official TDP). Trust me, you do not want to be running a USGI with follower on the large side of the tolerances and body on the small side (probably why Brownells does this). This was also probably part of the problem with Sanchez magazines being "in spec" with a TDP containing poor tolerance stack ups or specifications.

In terms of overall body strength however the specific type of Aluminum used along with the dimensions, welds and processing is part of the TDP. As a result ALL USGI magazines built under the contract TDP will exhibit similar results as each other. It may be the case that Brownells has better control within the TDP tolerance guidelines but any improvement will be hard to evaluate and we have personally seen no measurable difference in impact resistance between the contract magazine manufactures and we have destroyed hundreds.

Our testing agrees with all of the above. We have put several different brands of contract and non-contract GI mags through destructive testing. As far as the actual GI mags go, we found no measurable difference with regards to impact testing between the different contract mags.

What is the difference between a "contract" and a "non contract" GI magazine?

If it is truly "government issued" there is a contract.  A lot of people and sponsors here have tried to confuse the issue so they can try to lump all the bad aftermarket aluminum M16 magazines as "USGI" and others have tried to say their favorite magazine is "USGI" because it has an NSN or whatever.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd be interested in your test with black Pmags.

I am sure this is even more un-scientific.... but I have cracked more FDE PMAGs and very few black ones over the years.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My definition of a USGI contract magazine is those manufactured for a published US government contract number and built to the government TDP. Currently there are only four manufactures who have these contracts and all build (or i some cases try to build) to the same TDP.

Current USGI contract magazines are either current brown follower (NSN 1005-01-561-7200) or green follower (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) both of which are built to the specific TDP under an awarded/published contract number. All others I consider USGI clones and I have not known of any clones having valid NSN numbers.

In the last 10 years the only other M4/M16 magazines that have had a valid NSN numbers that I know of were the PMag MRev, the HK SA80A2 (steel) and the Cammenga EASYMAG (steel).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the difference between a "contract" and a "non contract" GI magazine?

If it is truly "government issued" there is a contract.  A lot of people and sponsors here have tried to confuse the issue so they can try to lump all the bad aftermarket aluminum M16 magazines as "USGI" and others have tried to say their favorite magazine is "USGI" because it has an NSN or whatever.

My definition of a USGI contract magazine is those manufactured for a published US government contract number and built to the government TDP. Currently there are only four manufactures who have these contracts and all build (or i some cases try to build) to the same TDP.

Current USGI contract magazines are either current brown follower (NSN 1005-01-561-7200) or green follower (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) both of which are built to the specific TDP under an awarded/published contract number. All others I consider USGI clones and I have not known of any clones having valid NSN numbers.

In the last 10 years the only other M4/M16 magazines that have had a valid NSN numbers that I know of were the PMag MRev, the HK SA80A2 (steel) and the Cammenga EASYMAG (steel).

The easymag has a NSN???  How??  Why??

Their mag open feature is a bit of a gimmick, but those were some tough sturdy mags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Didn't C products have an NSN????  I have pens with NSNs and that doesn't mean a damn thing except they have an NSN.  Speaking of Cproducts, I came across an old thread where they were claiming that their 40 round SS magazine was being evaluated by the US military
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My definition of a USGI contract magazine are those manufactured for a published US government contract number and built to the government TDP. Currently there are only four manufactures who have these contracts and all build (or in some cases try to build) to the same TDP.

Current USGI contract magazines are either current brown follower (NSN 1005-01-561-7200) or green follower (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) both of which are built to the specific TDP under an awarded/published contract number. All others I consider USGI clones with unknown materials and QC. I have not known of any clones having valid NSN numbers although some like DSG magazines with Magpul followers were open unit purchased in the tens of thousands around 2006-2010.

View Quote

Why the change??  I specifically remember you saying a few years ago that there are "many types of USGI magazines built to different specifications" or something to that effect.  I have a good memory.............
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

C Products USGI clones never had a US Military contract or a NSN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't C products have an NSN????  I have pens with NSNs and that doesn't mean a damn thing except they have an NSN.  Speaking of Cproducts, I came across an old thread where they were claiming that their 40 round SS magazine was being evaluated by the US military

C Products USGI clones never had a US Military contract or a NSN.

I pointed that out way back then but my post got deleted.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have always used the term "USGI contract magazines" (or some variation of that) to single out US Military issue magazines that have an NSN and are built under a published contract number.  

"many types of USGI magazines built to different specifications" was highlighting that many manufactures build versions of the military contract USGI magazines (that are visually very similar) but built to widely varying standards/materials for the consumer market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My definition of a USGI contract magazine are those manufactured for a published US government contract number and built to the government TDP. Currently there are only four manufactures who have these contracts and all build (or in some cases try to build) to the same TDP.

Current USGI contract magazines are either current brown follower (NSN 1005-01-561-7200) or green follower (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) both of which are built to the specific TDP under an awarded/published contract number. All others I consider USGI clones with unknown materials and QC. I have not known of any clones having valid NSN numbers although some like DSG magazines with Magpul followers were open unit purchased in the tens of thousands around 2006-2010.

Why the change??  I specifically remember you saying a few years ago that there are "many types of USGI magazines built to different specifications" or something to that effect.  I have a good memory.............

I have always used the term "USGI contract magazines" (or some variation of that) to single out US Military issue magazines that have an NSN and are built under a published contract number.  

"many types of USGI magazines built to different specifications" was highlighting that many manufactures build versions of the military contract USGI magazines (that are visually very similar) but built to widely varying standards/materials for the consumer market.

To people not familiar with the terms it is confusing.  USGI should mean only "USGI"  You don't call a Ford a "Chevy" although it has 4 wheels and a seat...........Maybe all polymer magazines should be called "Thermolds".....
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top