Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish the Magpul guys would make some clear/smoked mags.

They did...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/02f01e30655747d26869242bb84e15c8.jpg

Tell me that's not a "window" on a clear mag
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Good gracious, if Magpul ever comes out with the clear mags, I would have to be in for a couple of hundred of them. Especially if they were in the 12 buck range. Shit, you wouldn't even be able to buy what you wanted because people would be hoarding them.
How much longer could it take. ETS and Lancer both have them. I wish Magpul would put them out already.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish the Magpul guys would make some clear/smoked mags.

They did...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/02f01e30655747d26869242bb84e15c8.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for for posting  I love the patch in the foreground.

Best Regards:-)
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Wtf is the point of that post Pic Pete?  
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not even sure where to start on this response. I feel we need to give an explanation of how this patent suit all went down so everyone knows what happened, why it happened, and what the outcome really means. When we started designing our AR mag, like most new companies, we did not have a ton of resources. That said, we did the best we could trying to make sure we did not infringe on anyone's IP (intellectual property). We designed our follower to have complete no-tilt functionality with one front leg. Our back leg was simply there to act as a spring guide, nothing more. Magpul's patents claim (among other things) that the follower is comprised of 2 legs, front and back, wherein the legs limit tilt of the follower in the housing. So we thought we were ok. Turns out Magpul felt it still infringed on their IP. We became aware of the patent infringement suit on in mid October of last year. Once we found out, we sought legal help to find out if, and how we were infringing. We quickly realized that removing the back leg altogether from our follower would removed any doubt about our design infringing on their patents. As soon as this was determined, we implemented that change in production on our own. This was in mid November. We reached a settlement agreement with Magpul right around March of this year. As part of that settlement, we agreed to pay magpul royalties for every mag we sold up to the time the change was implemented.  Magpul themselves agree that with our change, our mag no longer infringes on their patents.

I want to state this again, we have no hard feelings towards Magpul for defending their IP. This issue has been resolved. Our mags do not in any way infringe on Magpul's patents so there would be no reason for us to pay royalties to them. Since our back leg was simply there to act as a spring guide, there was absolutely zero affect on the performance of our follower, which is why it was an easy decision to remove that back leg.

We respect others IP and have no desire to steal anyone's hard work. The only reason this happened in the first place was because our resources were too limited for us to get proper patent analysis (this costs 10's of thousands of dollars). We also looked around the mag world and saw some other large name companies making mags with 2 legs on their followers (HK comes to mind) so we thought we were ok. We have learned a lot from this experience and we will not make the same mistake again. That said, we made a mistake and we are man enough to admit it.

Thanks to everyone to taking the time to read this and understand what happened. We still appreciate everyone's support and we look forward to continuing to bring innovative products to market for you guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETS man up and pay royalties because without Magpul you would never have existed

I'm not even sure where to start on this response. I feel we need to give an explanation of how this patent suit all went down so everyone knows what happened, why it happened, and what the outcome really means. When we started designing our AR mag, like most new companies, we did not have a ton of resources. That said, we did the best we could trying to make sure we did not infringe on anyone's IP (intellectual property). We designed our follower to have complete no-tilt functionality with one front leg. Our back leg was simply there to act as a spring guide, nothing more. Magpul's patents claim (among other things) that the follower is comprised of 2 legs, front and back, wherein the legs limit tilt of the follower in the housing. So we thought we were ok. Turns out Magpul felt it still infringed on their IP. We became aware of the patent infringement suit on in mid October of last year. Once we found out, we sought legal help to find out if, and how we were infringing. We quickly realized that removing the back leg altogether from our follower would removed any doubt about our design infringing on their patents. As soon as this was determined, we implemented that change in production on our own. This was in mid November. We reached a settlement agreement with Magpul right around March of this year. As part of that settlement, we agreed to pay magpul royalties for every mag we sold up to the time the change was implemented.  Magpul themselves agree that with our change, our mag no longer infringes on their patents.

I want to state this again, we have no hard feelings towards Magpul for defending their IP. This issue has been resolved. Our mags do not in any way infringe on Magpul's patents so there would be no reason for us to pay royalties to them. Since our back leg was simply there to act as a spring guide, there was absolutely zero affect on the performance of our follower, which is why it was an easy decision to remove that back leg.

We respect others IP and have no desire to steal anyone's hard work. The only reason this happened in the first place was because our resources were too limited for us to get proper patent analysis (this costs 10's of thousands of dollars). We also looked around the mag world and saw some other large name companies making mags with 2 legs on their followers (HK comes to mind) so we thought we were ok. We have learned a lot from this experience and we will not make the same mistake again. That said, we made a mistake and we are man enough to admit it.

Thanks to everyone to taking the time to read this and understand what happened. We still appreciate everyone's support and we look forward to continuing to bring innovative products to market for you guys.

This is a very informative and professional post.  I have seen your company's posts here and on other forums, and have been impressed by what you write.

I just placed an order.

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is a very informative and professional post.  I have seen your company's posts here and on other forums, and have been impressed by what you write.

I just placed an order.

HighSpeedSteel
View Quote

Imagine that: a site sponsor that doesn't think the forum owes them and doesn't engage in personal attacks if you merely question them or don't care for their products. or do backflips and handsprings every time they are mentioned.   A new standard is being set
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top