Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 12:50:20 PM EDT
I'd never heard of them untill I just saw them somewhere. How good are they?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'd never heard of them untill I just saw them somewhere. How good are they?
View Quote

Probably not that good if you've never seen them until now...

Why not just stick to the big name trusted brands that everyone is familiar with.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them around but never bothered.  The look like re-branded D&H or NTMG.

This is just a guess though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
They are re-branded ASC (C-products) stainless steel magazines.  Have a black painted stainless steel body, chrome silicon spring, and magpul knockoff type follower.

They are fairly decent, and should be more durable than most standard GI aluminum mags.  Cabella's was blowing them out not too long ago, was selling them for something like $7 a mag + free shipping.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are re-branded ASC (C-products) stainless steel magazines.  Have a black painted stainless steel body, chrome silicon spring, and magpul knockoff type follower.

They are fairly decent, and should be more durable than most standard GI aluminum mags.  Cabella's was blowing them out not too long ago, was selling them for something like $7 a mag + free shipping.

View Quote

That's what I thought as soon as I saw they are SS. I was reading the reviews on Cabelas, people were saying they wouldn't even fit in their AR. Typical C-Products.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one to test when they were $7 shipped.  Seemed to fit my lowers fine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have got to be kidding!

MORE durable, this is from a company that has never had a U.S. Military contract.

I'll stick with magazines manufactured by Okay Industries.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, let me rephrase that.  Brownell's and Okay current issue magazines with the tan followers are more durable and more reliable.

However, USGI style aluminum mags like D&H or ASC are less durable, most likely because they are not heat treated (the feedlips deformed on a D&H mag after a loaded drop from only 3 feet onto a carpeted floor).

Stainless steel is usually stronger and resists deformation better than aluminum.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.cabelas.com/product/BLACKHAWKreg-AR-15-30-Round-Magazine/1584161.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dar15%2Bmagazine%2Bblackhawk%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D14%26y%3D6&Ntt=ar15+magazine+blackhawk&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products
$7.99 each. Enter 4jolly for free shipping over $49 through 12/17.

I had a bunch cabelas points and I decided to go with PMags and Camenga mags.

From the reviews of blackhawk on cabelas:
I got 5 of these mags on Black Friday. The image looked like a quality mag and the reviews on here mostly seemed positive. I was extremely disappointed when I got my shipment in today. Every mag has scratches all over them and none seat properly in my AR-15. I will be returning them soon.
Purchased three of there magazines and none of them worked in my Mossberg MVP Patrol or my MVP Varmint. Two of them didn't fit my DPMS 3G2! The one that managed to fit wouldn't feed reliably. Thankfully Cabela's has such a great return policy....or I would of ended up with 3 Paper Weights!
I own 2 mil-spec AR-15 rifles this magazines "looked wonderful", I liked the stainless steel black and the price was great but I'll be returning them today. Both fit one rifle and neither fit the other. I have numerous al, polymer, Colt magazines that run well in both my rifles, I see no reason why they only fit one and not the other: except quality control. One magazine was stamped "BLACKHAWK" and the other "ASA".
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, let me rephrase that.  Brownell's and Okay current issue magazines with the tan followers are more durable and more reliable.

However, USGI style aluminum mags like D&H or ASC are less durable, most likely because they are not heat treated (the feedlips deformed on a D&H mag after a loaded drop from only 3 feet onto a carpeted floor).

Stainless steel is usually stronger and resists deformation better than aluminum.
View Quote

Never had a failure with D&H in any rifle.  50/50 on ASC.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't drop them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
So d&H aluminum mags don't get a heat treat on the feed lips but the regular tan follower mags do?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So d&H aluminum mags don't get a heat treat on the feed lips but the regular tan follower mags do?
View Quote

I don't know whether D&H mags are heat treated.

Tan follower mags are U.S. G.I.

Okay Industries
Colt
Brownells
Center
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top