Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 4:14:16 AM EDT
I bought 2 of these, slipped one into a lower and the follower missed the bolt catch/release. Bad follower or just all around bad mag? I havent tried them at the range yet, but im glad I only bought 2. All of my other mags work fine in this lower so I know thats not the issue, it doesnt happen everytime but I certainly wouldnt trust my life to them. " />" />
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, I have several CAA mags and they have been flawless. They feed perfectly and catch the bolt catch every time. Have you tried to contact them yet?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not, I still want to try them at the range. I wonder if resistance from the bcg would make a difference. I just thought it was strange that none of my other mags had this issue. And if I remember right I bought them on sale, so its not really a big issue. I was thinking about installing a magpul follower, if they fit. I know they are made in Israel, are they used by military or police? Either way I typically buy magpul or steel so they are not part of my shtf supply, thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe I just  got a bad one, hopefully I remember to take them with me to the range next time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The two I have work OK for me.  Made for the Tavor not the AR.  Decent but not great but they were made for a different rifle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
interesting, I didn't think about that. maybe the tab on the tavor bolt catch is a little longer, when it does land on the follower its barely on there, all my other mags make a much more positive contact, thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
interesting, I didn't think about that. maybe the tab on the tavor bolt catch is a little longer, when it does land on the follower its barely on there, all my other mags make a much more positive contact, thanks
View Quote

I have six of these magazines and have the same problem the follower either does not engage the bolt lever or it skips over it .

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top