Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 3:13:13 PM EDT
https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001960&dir=
Just thought I'd share. Any reviews yet?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried two Monday. Both functioned no jams but I only ran each mag once loaded to 28. Used brass cased ammo and that was all I had on hand to test them with.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001960&dir=
Just thought I'd share. Any reviews yet?
View Quote

Hi,

I thought that I'd share this with you.

L-R  CPD Inc 30 rd. 7.62x39 Isonite SS mag,  ASC 30 rd. 7.62x39 Marlube SS mag, D&H 30 rd. 7.62x39 Steel mag.

Top to Bottom:  CPD Inc., ASC, D&H  magazine feed lips.

I'll share more later, after the magazine is fired, but the D&H magazine does seem to have followed a design route than the ASC or CPD inc magazines.

Best Wishes:  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Try them out yet?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try them out yet?
View Quote

Hi,

Yes I did, and although there are things I liked about the D&H like the follower color, and raised pattern for easier gripping, that all went away once I fired it.  I fired four magazines worth of Wolf 124 grain military classic and 122 grain steel cased plastic coated ammo through the D&H magazine.  I had two failures to feed, and four failures to hold the bolt open on the last shot.  I fired several magazines worth of a CPD Inc. magazine in the same rifle and ammo without any failures.

I think the culprit is the follower.  It's almost identical to the black followers used in the M-16 magazines I used in the Reserves back in the 70's and 80's.  I had the same kind of jams too.  The follower tilt on the D&H magazine seems to be causing trouble especially in the last five rounds with the D&H magazine.

Best Wishes:
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll get some and try them out.  I love experimenting and I guarantee I can fix it and will share info.  It will take me a while as I'm doing several projects, no more than a month.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn. Why can't they seem to get 7.62x39 mags down pat yet? Magpul... please come to the rescue!
This is the dilemma between 300BO and 7.62x39 for AR's. They are very similar balllistically. However the x39 uses different barrel/bolt/mags but ammo is cheap and everywhere. The 300BO uses only a different barrel but ammo is expensive. Ugh.
Since I already have AK's, I'd love to be able to burn up some x39 in my AR's, but they can't seem to make a magazine worth a damn for them. Shame.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. Why can't they seem to get 7.62x39 mags down pat yet? Magpul... please come to the rescue!
This is the dilemma between 300BO and 7.62x39 for AR's. They are very similar balllistically. However the x39 uses different barrel/bolt/mags but ammo is cheap and everywhere. The 300BO uses only a different barrel but ammo is expensive. Ugh.
Since I already have AK's, I'd love to be able to burn up some x39 in my AR's, but they can't seem to make a magazine worth a damn for them. Shame.
View Quote

Hi,

Re-read my post,  the CPD  Inc. magazines have all run fine out of out of my DI 16" AR rifle, and now my DI 10.5" AR pistol.  PWS has gone to the CPD Inc. magazines for their 7.62x39 piston guns. I agree it's much better buying ammo for $4 a box of 20 for 7.62x39 than $20 a box for 300 BLK.   7.62x39 will work  I think the CPD magazines performance is a secret that's finally starting to get out.  I would suggest if you like Magpul they do make a Nylon 7.62x39 AK magazine, and RRA & CMMG make hybrid AR's that'll take those magazines.  I still prefer the ergonomics of the regular AR system though.

Regards:
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top