BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2014 2:22:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That was very informative.Where do we buy them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I couldn't find out very much about these either. It seems like they don't sell the mags on their website, and they don't list their dealers either.  I've never even heard of this company before today, and I was curious if anyone else knew anything about them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I couldn't find out very much about these either. It seems like they don't sell the mags on their website, and they don't list their dealers either.  I've never even heard of this company before today, and I was curious if anyone else knew anything about them.
View Quote

Here is the info on the mag taken for the Czechpoint USA website

"Manufactured by Czech Small Arms and is the second generation magazine possessing a waffle type pattern (waffle pattern increases resistance to crushing weight and enables better gripping).

All parts are made in the Czech Republic.
The 5.56x45mm 30 round magazine fits and functions with double stack magazine vz.58 5.56x45mm rifles and the vz.58 5.56x45mm pistol. The magazine is made of semi transparent polycarbonate, TARFLON IR2500, while the floor plate and follower material is Zytel ST801."

Here is the link to the mags in question:  CSA Gen 2 Magazine
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
$24.50 / 1 pc That's $10 too high.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Since they aren't for an AR, the cost is likely to be higher. Volume drives prices down, and there just won't be the volume on those mags like you see on an AR platform.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$24.50 / 1 pc That's $10 too high.

Since they aren't for an AR, the cost is likely to be higher. Volume drives prices down, and there just won't be the volume on those mags like you see on an AR platform.

Shit. I didn't realize they weren't AR platform.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Apples and oranges -Different weapon platform equals different geometry, wall thickness, etc.

That said it is significant they used the M2 magazine and not the Gen M3 which can survive a 6 foot drop without damage...
View Quote

This is absolutely true!  I would dare to say this comparison is more about them saying their product is as good or maybe even better than the MOE Gen2 PMAG, which is held in a high regard.  So, in proving that they can beat out a MOE Gen2 in a drop test,  people can also hold their mag to a similar level when it comes to durability.  Magpul has a great rep and there should be nothing more flattering than the competitors using your mags a the gold standard to compare their products too!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is absolutely true!  I would dare to say this comparison is more about them saying their product is as good or maybe even better than the MOE Gen2 PMAG, which is held in a high regard.  So, in proving that they can beat out a MOE Gen2 in a drop test,  people can also hold their mag to a similar level when it comes to durability.  Magpul has a great rep and there should be nothing more flattering than the competitors using your mags a the gold standard to compare their products too!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apples and oranges -Different weapon platform equals different geometry, wall thickness, etc.

That said it is significant they used the M2 magazine and not the Gen M3 which can survive a 6 foot drop without damage...

Get with the times.....A 20 ft. drop is the new standard.  I thought the USGI magazine designed 50 years ago was the standard???  I personally think that  any mag comparison test should  be against the the Lancer which  is without question the most unbreakable mag out there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#12]
don't forget the chemical bath of hydrochloric acid....not sure what happens to that thing that pushes up the follower though...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If  that CSA mag is truly made of polycarbonate I would not buy it. That mag does not compete with ours so I feel alright about posting this with no bias. I can tell you after spending a year and a half researching material for mags that PC is not a good material for a magazine.

The benefits of PC are that it's cheap, clear, and very impact resistant when it starts it life. However, the material quickly loses it elasticity and becomes brittle and prone to cracking, epically when exposed to UV rays. Also, PC does very poorly in creep testing, so that would not be good for feed lips.

I really don't know if that mag is made from PC, I'm just going off what the video said. I tried to search t Google and find more info on those mags and I couldn't.

Just wanted to share some scientific info on polycarbonate and why it's not a good material for magazines.
View Quote

This post seems reasonable.

I have a shop with many plastic bins.  All the clear ones now have cracks.

Few years back .223 AK mags from Bulgaria had some similar issue.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top