Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2014 2:38:04 AM EDT
Or how "not to do" a magazine comparison" IMHO. Its funny how all of the magazines that they have had in other videos as (paid advertisements) all "made it" or excuses were made for it so they could include them in their test.

And again, if you are going to do a test, test brand new magazines that all have had the same use, not like this video were half of the mags are already beat to shit. Also a good reliable ar15, not some unproven upper you are "testing".  Also generally load all the mags with 30 rounds, at the sig part, you can see the mags dont have the same amount of ammo, as the top round is on different sides meaning he possibly could have overloaded them.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
31 rounds in the lancer

One of the sig mags has 31, the other either has 30 or maybe they managed 32 by the way it wouldn't feed the first 2.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
In reference to the top round being in different positions in magazines, it could have to do with the followers.  It is possible there are more or less rounds in the magazines, but it's also possible that they are all loaded to the same level and the individual magazine's follower causes the top round to be on the left or right.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is true, our top round is on the left on even numbers. Opposite a GI mag.

We were a little disappointed that our mags were not in the comparison.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In reference to the top round being in different positions in magazines, it could have to do with the followers.  It is possible there are more or less rounds in the magazines, but it's also possible that they are all loaded to the same level and the individual magazine's follower causes the top round to be on the left or right.

This is true, our top round is on the left on even numbers. Opposite a GI mag.

We were a little disappointed that our mags were not in the comparison.

Yeah I was looking for your too, but honestly after his first video, his second isn't going to be any better
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The video was done by someone who obviously doesn't understand science.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

or statistics, or sampling.

Pmags, Lancer AWMs, USGI for me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really felt bad for Eric after watching that video, as I knew he would get a TON of crap about it. I generally really like his channel and I think he does nice work. That being said, it seems like he didn't really understand the proper way to conduct that kind of test. As was already pointed out, you only test one variable at a time. Using an unproven upper while testing magazine reliability isn't going to work, as you don't know which is the issue. You also need a control(USGI). He had neither. He also was using mags of various stages of wear(another variable to account for), which could contribute to possible issues.  Hopefully he learned from his mistakes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I really felt bad for Eric after watching that video, as I knew he would get a TON of crap about it. I generally really like his channel and I think he does nice work. That being said, it seems like he didn't really understand the proper way to conduct that kind of test. As was already pointed out, you only test one variable at a time. Using an unproven upper while testing magazine reliability isn't going to work, as you don't know which is the issue. You also need a control(USGI). He had neither. He also was using mags of various stages of wear(another variable to account for), which could contribute to possible issues.  Hopefully he learned from his mistakes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I probably watch their channel more then any other, and lately the channel has become very "stale". Ever since Berry is gone it has been downhill, their way of making up for it has been fancier cameras and teaming up with FPS Russia (If you notice, all of FPS Russia's new videos have been at IV8888's range)
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I got about 10 minutes into the vid and had to stop. That was horrible. I didn't see any true testing at all. Just a bunch of shooting that proved nothing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Between that goofy breakdown pistol upper and the overloaded mags, It was bound to fail.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
That ugly ass sig brace. Yuk!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#14]
That guy is certainly not the smartest of the bunch.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#15]
The only torture testing was being done on the viewer who opted to watch this.

It's just a guy ripping through mags full of ammo. I got 0 magazine related test results from any of that.

I'm not ripping on the guy, but there's no usable data produced in this video at all.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top